Yellowing leaves during early flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves during early flowering

I am in about the 3rd or 4th week of flowering in an outdoor grow in smart pots and over the last several days the majority of the fan leaves and some leaves near buds have turned yellow. I have been using fox farm trio fertilizer sparingly. Any ideas??

Kb, we need a pic to help determine possible causes. That said, yellowing of fan leaves, especially larger ones lower in the plant are normal. The plant knows it is nearing end of life and no longer needs to support a large canopy. If you can get us some pics, we can at least tell you if its abnormal yellowing or not.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Morning 37 that sure is nice plant , is that dead leaves in one of those pictures? What kind of plant is she.? I use KindSoil an FFOF also and mine don't turn yellow that way. I don't know if you got root problems or if you weren't feeding her enough. If that's dead leaves in the middle of the plant thats not good. Need more information like what the humidity been like. And your PH?? Like what all have you been doing
      ? Nice plant is it one or a bunch? Shouldn't be root problems or watering with SmartPots but in that last picture if that is brown and dead in the middle of the plant it sure could be root rot.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 08-29-2017, 09:54 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Canyon Grower i put up a link with a bunch of pics in the original post. Hope that helps. @daas I believe they are Ausie blues feminized, and I checked the ph yesterday it was 6.5. I was worried about root rot from looking at other photos and descriptions. Yeah the middle leaves turned yellow and started dying over the last several days. I have 4 others and they are all super healthy. I've been watering daily because the plants dry out pretty fast with the smart pots. The humidity has been all over the place, I'm in the northeast so it's different on a daily basis.

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          What are those, three gallon pots? They seem a bit small for the size of those plants. And how much are you watering at a time? Daily seems a bit much to me. I'm in New England, too (Metro West Mass.). Mine are in the sun all day and there have only been a few times that any of them have needed watering on consecutive days. Better to let them get a little too dry than not dry out enough.

I'm sorry I don't have experience with root rot. Sirius recommends Hydroguard or you could try Great White, VooDoo Juice, or something similar. Good luck!

Hey 37 you need to let her dry out before anymore water, at least a couple of days ,easy to tell when to water with SmartPots just pick it up ,if it's light add water. If it's heavy no water .I use 3 gallon SmartPots with autos and water every 2 or 3 days or when the pots lite. Your others are fine so your must be doing a pretty good job. Read up on root rot 37. Nice plants. Good Luck.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Im going go go out on limb and suggest you do nothing more than remove the dead leaves. I think she is starting into final life stage and just doing what she will. Be sure to use only bloom fertilizer at this stage. BTW, very lovely plant, well done !
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

I can't see the pictures that well but in that last one if that is all dead leaves in the middle of the plant that ain't normal, when I look at the last picture I can see what looks like lots of dead leaves ,more than just yellow, . Wish we had better pictures, I hope I am wrong, just can't see the pictures good.
            Cfls for a week or two
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

They are 5 gallon smart pots. I've been watering them with at least 1 gallon of water a day which doesn't seem to be enough. I guess I'll trim all the dead leaves and dry it out and see what happens. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Hopefully this plant didn't catch anything. Will keep you updated. Thanks.

Comment

Hey 37 I'm just trying to help you, weed doesn't need to be watered everyday only when it's dry. In 5 gallon pots maybe every 2 or 3 days. Pick your pot up before you water her and feel how heavy it is, now water her and pick it up again ,it's lots heavier, that's how you tell if it needs water. Don't water everyday, water her well enough so you get a little coming out the bottom of your SmartPot and that should be good for at least 2 or 3 days. They don't like to much water , can cause problems. Good Luck with them their nice.
                Cfls for a week or two
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

Hey 37, Daas is right you are overwatering by giving water to often, the rots need to dry out. I'm in 5 gal pots and I water every 3 day 1 gal. At 9-12 week in flowering I'm still at every 3 day with about 1.25 gals. You also need to check the PH of your runoff water that is your true ph at root level were it's need.
                  good luck.
                  Last edited by Mr.furley; 08-31-2017, 12:02 AM. Reason: Add in
                  You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hi 37, nice looking plant but I think it's early to have that much yellowing and dead leaves. The plant looks too big for the pot. IMO. You may have roots issues causing the early leaf issues. Not sure if you should try re-potting at this point but a larger container could help provide more room for the roots. If it's seriously root bound, you would need to break up the roots when re-potting.
                    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

It could be pots to small, but I've seen many lots larger plants in the same 5 gallon SmartPots with no problems.
                      Cfls for a week or two
                      36x36x63 inch tent.
                      Smart pots
                      Molasses
                      Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X