Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is chlorosis? I've scoured forums, photos, etc. Grow details inside. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is is chlorosis? I've scoured forums, photos, etc. Grow details inside. Any ideas?

First grow. Large room, 1000w, very stable environment and temp. No pests or mold.

Growing in Coco, which was wet when I purchased (may be something to consider, was outside and received rain water)

Using General Hydro Nutes, about 60% of what is recommended on bottle.

Thinking it might be a sulpher issue, ran some epsom salts (2 teaspons to 4 gallons) two days ago.

Strain is Sour D and the leaf photo'd is the most affected plant. Out of ten plants a few are showing this symptom (two different strains).

This is week 5, with some basic LST. Rooted from clones.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Anon4934
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anon4934; 08-23-2017, 07:03 PM.

Hey 4934,
    How about your cal/mag? And where is your runoff PH at?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Mr furley,

Yep, cal mag with nutes. same ratio as above.

I'll check the runoff PH this am and post my findings. Thank You!

Comment

Added ph'd water to plant photoed. Runoff was solid 6.0

Comment

My first thought was magnesium, and from what I think is that cal/mag need each other to absorb, best Ph for that is around 6.2-6.4 ph. That would be what I'd try if to was my plant.
          what is your water schedule? And are you giving just plain water ever other time? Over/underwatering can be a problem.

Comment

Still working on a reg water schedule as I have only moved to 5 gal pots about 1 week ago. Pretty much using the dry to the knuckle method. Until yesterday I had not really had much runoff in the new pots (which I did when in one gallons). I have 10 plants so watering is quite a chore at this point (5 Sour D, 5 OG Kush). I will commit to runnof each time and raise the ph a tad.

For the calmag, perhaps I should run the recommended amount on the bottle (it's one or two tablespoons per gallon, can't remember which). I'm running about 2/3 of recommended nutes across the board every other watering. Any thoughts on that?

I appreciate you taking the time. I started with 10 thinking I might have some loss but now that I am at this point, I'm pretty darn focused on getting them all through the end. You get pretty attached!

I'll keep this thread updated with results, good or bad.

Comment

I'm in coco with 5gl. And mix 2 tbsp of calmag per gal in veg. I run full strength nutes after 4ish week but I use FoxFarm.and purposely move Ph from 5.8 to 6.8 through the grow for the most part I target 6.3 at runoff. Each strain is different and very slightly for its needs. Keep a eye on your runoff and water schedule as it is important and over/underwater leds to big problems that can look like other problems.
              yes it is addictive and easily falling in love with your grow is common, especially at harvest so pretty I just don't what to cut anything. But it important to not let it get overwhelming and lose it all.
              my pleasure to chat just help this helps.

Comment

Mr Furley,

Apologies for the delay (forums were down).

My known mistakes (mostly during veg)

Lights to far away
                Nutrients were to light (I did the math wrong)
                Not enough water (likely the biggest issue)

Here is where I am at: ripening.

Supposed to be Sour D but I really don't know.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey, Welcome back 5934.
                  It is a happy day for all that the forum is back. Boy your grow is looking good and seem you've gotten a handle on the problem. Keep us posted.
                  Little tip, try using your flash next picture, I hear it will remove the line from your ballast.
                  Mr.F

What's up with the Epsom salts?
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Weed Pharma
                  Weed Pharma commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate- which is something the plants may need a dose of @ week 5 of flower , as you stop Cal/mag.
                  They also need the sulfate going into ripening stage- It's included in the GH trio bloom- but is part of what makes many "bloom boosters" (in addition to the P&K).

Man be careful with Epsom salts- it's easy to hurt them

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've always used a little Epson salt on my plants outdoors and it ain't never hurt nothin as far as I can tell

I tried it on one just to see and smoked it lol - I'll stick with the organic nutes-

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X