What's happening to my plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL What's happening to my plant

I found this plant growing in a bucket n decided to keep it. It turned out to be female as far as I can tell being a newbie. It has done really well but I don't think my flowers look right. It's outdoors n deer have bit off a limb or 2. Can someone just tell me where she's at? Thanks

Let me add a few more. Seems like the leaves around most buds look sick but I don't know I'm learning on the fly.

Comment

• TheDude777
      TheDude777 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's really hard to tell with the pics being blurry. Can you get a clear pic of one of the flowers ? First thing though is I would start to give it some nutrients. It will make a big difference. Check out this page and see if you have a male or female. http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-boy-girl

Hi Olnewt, She looks pretty darn good!! You were kind to rescue her. I will tell you this: you can learn to grow weed a lot easier if you read some stuff on your chosen grow method--in your case, outdoors. (I'm a hydro grower.)

I would suggest this page: http://www.growweedeasy.com/indoor-vs-outdoor Scroll down to bottom; some other good links.

Like TheDude777 says, we need better pics. If you have pests, you're gonna have to identify what pest it is: http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow

Good luck, and keep us posted!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Here's a few more I just took this morning. Thanks Altatup it's been a real learning curve and a lot of reading and guessing. I haven't really kept up with how old or how long its been in this phase most of it's life I just kinda put it in a good spot and let it do its thing. It's about 30ft away from a soybean field that always does good. We got great soil in the six six 2 but the leaves around some flowers are wilted. I don't have a place close to get good nutes so all I have is MG bloom buster 15-30-15 I've give it twice at half the recommended mixture. I don't even know what I'm growing if anybody wants to take a guess I'd love to know. I guess it makes sense that the ones that look bad are on the limbs that deer have eat

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Olnewt I think you forgot to add your pictures! Ok so you're not just flying by the seat of your pants; you have been reading as well. I think we all do a lot of guessing! I've only been growing for a year, but I've learned by the hands-on and by reading. Put up the pics!! ;-}

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Newt, has she started to flower? I'm still having trouble seeing bud sites or pistils; I just see good solid growth... Do you see pistils coming out?

Hello Olnewt I also grow outdoors next to soybean fields and the deer are always hell on your plants ,an so is when the farmers defoliate their soybeans an cotton ,be careful with that.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

I don't know the scientific word but it definitely has hairs coming all out of it. I guess that's what your calling pistols. I should study up and know but my time is stretched out pretty thin

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          What exactly did you smoke? The leaves? Your plant is just beginning to flower; it won't be any good to smoke until the flowers are ripe.
          by Nebula Haze This is one of the most common questions we receive from curious soon-to-be indoor cannabis growers: How long does it really take to grow weed? What's the growing timeline?  It's actually a really good question! Every new marijuana grower should know how much work they're signing up for! The short answer is...   The Average Indoor Grow Takes 3-5 Months

• Olnewt
          Olnewt commented
          Editing a comment
          The last limb deer chewed into had some flower on it that's what I tried. It was either that or throw it away and I just couldn't bring myself to throw any pot away so yeah I dried it and smoked it.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, I feel ya newt, but until those trichomes fatten up and turn milky, you ain't gonna get very high!!!

Comment

It's gotta be the deer. The flowers on the limbs that got eat on are the only ones that look that way. I don't think those will ever make anything good. Here's a few more pics.

Comment

• TheDude777
            TheDude777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well the plant will survive if you want it to. If you think deer or rabbits are feeding on them you can some blood meal and sprinkle around your plant. Also I noticed some evidence of bugs eating the leaves. It doesn't seem to bad as of yet but if you notice it getting out of control there is lots of info on GWE to help you out. Good luck man and hope you don't give up on her... It's a satisfying feeling growing your on smoke. At least it makes me happy when I smoke one and I say to myself " I grew this "

Well TheDude777 I also noticed today that some leaves looked blistered. I know MG are kinda dirty words when it comes to weed but the 15-30-15 bloom buster is all I can get right now. Should I keep it half strength or slowly mix a little stronger till full strength?

Comment

I'd start with a little less than half and see how she reacts to it. You want the Nitrogen to be low and phosphorus and potassium to high. Well more so potassium. Too much nitrogen during flower can cause some issues. If you can find something else I would recommend it. Check out this page and it will give you a better understanding with nutrients.

What's the "best" cannabis nutrient system? There are literally thousands of choices! Learn what to look for and get examples of great marijuana nutrients.

Comment

I wouldn't use MG; I'd get some real cannabis nutrients.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X