Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermi problem(First time grower)

Hi All,

I'm a first time grower. I got some seeds from some buds I was smoking and decided to give it a go. About 2 1/2 months later, I've got a pretty big plant.

For a while now, I thought it was a female, but in the last 3 days there have been little sacs growing around the the tip of the plants (sorry I don't know too many technical terms).

I linked two images above. One with the sacs I'm talking about, and the other with what I believe are pistils at the base of the stems.

Let me know if I need to re-upload or anything. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I duplicated the pictures above. This one is with some pistils.

I'm growing this outdoor as well and just stopped using bloom booster just a few days ago.

Comment

Hi HeyNow12555. That definitely looks like a boy to me. When you see sacs growing in clusters like that, it's a boy. That and the absence of hairs extending from the sacs also tells me it's a male. That being said...I am sorry.
      Learn about marijuana life stages and gender. When does the plant start flowering? How can you tell if your plant is a boy or a girl? What...
      Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
      Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, ellz called it. And those aren't pistils you're looking at, they're stipules, which both sexes have. Please accept my condolences. I would recommend pulling it down ASAP in case there are any other growers in your area -- you don't want to inadvertently pollinate their crops.

On the bright side, you learned a lot about growing marijuana -- practical experience that you can apply to your next grow!

Darn, I will give it a proper burial then . Thanks for the responses !!

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        Better luck next time, brotha!

Yeah, definitely a boy plant. I started 4 plants in May and two of them were boys... But still have two girls budding!

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Good catch! Always the sooner the better!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X