spider mites indoors near harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR spider mites indoors near harvest

hi all, first time here... here's the basics on our grow situation. im sharing a tent with someone (who is very uh, well.. careless..). he has a handful of photoperiod clones and i have my 3 autoflowers. our setup is far from ideal--with hot days here, temps in the tent will easily reach 90F. my tent partner also has some plants growing outside with no issues.

i have a question about the best plan of action for dealing with spider mites indoors when my autoflowers are approaching the end of flowering.

i first discovered the mites 2 days ago. i had noticed the bite marks for a while? i think? but i didnt see any bugs, or webbing, anything other than the white specks so. i was unprepared for the reality.. i saw a few crawling on my plants leaves so i took a closer look at some of my partners plants (which had previously been outside!! but i had no idea what a problem that would become..) and saw WEBBING! so i was horrified, and did a 3 & 1 spray which i.. dont feel too good about haha. especially since my least hardy plant didn't do well with it (it wasnt mixed properly at first, and she got some of that on her). the clones were no worse for wear for the most part, though. then today, the other plants just got treated with a spinosad product but i didnt try to get my girls because i wasn't sure if it would be ok to use in flower.

conditions outside seem like they might be better to naturally keep them down.. we have cool nights and a windy yard. none of the outdoors seem to have any serious infestations. (they are regularly sprayed with the 3 in 1.)

would it be a good choice to just take my plants outside now, and hope i can keep it from accelerating into a fullblown nightmare? or are there some good products/methods safe for use this far into flower?

i've hopefully attached a link to some visuals.

thank you everyone for your potential help, and for reading my post!
    Post with 3 views. grow problems

Hey skatorna, Sorry no one's answered you!!! I'm a hydro grower, but I've had experience with pests--tho not spider mites. This page will tell you which products are safe to use during flowering, so get the little bastards!!!!!!! You can save your buds.

Spider mites are a common cannabis pest that can be very difficult to get rid of. Learn how to spot and treat at the first signs of these nasty pests.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I have the same problem. I'm about 2 weeks from harvest and I hate to spray even the safest of treatments but I used Azamax (safe and natural) when I first spotted the mites which knocked the numbers down. Then I added two extra fans - the mites have trouble reproducing in windy and cool conditions. The temps range between 77 & 79 degrees but cooler is better. So I still have mites but they're not spreading right now and no webbing. So, I'll end up smoking a few dried mites with my bud and I'll have to thoroughly clean and fumigate the grow area before any new plants go in. Don't panic and over re-act by over treating the girls or you may in up with a harvest that smokes fine but tastes like s%#*. I don't know if moving them outside at this point is a good idea since they've adjusted to indoor conditions but I really just don't know.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• skatorna
        skatorna commented
        Editing a comment
        ahhh rough... yeah i've repositioned the fans so the airflow is better but i can't do much about the temps right now.. thanks for the advice and good luck to you!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X