Sick plants!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Sick plants!

I'm not sure if this is spider mites or the white powder mildew. I've checked underneath the leaves and couldn't see anything. Both of the options look alike just not sure what one I'm dealing with

🌱 Here's some pictures of leaves with spider mites if it helps! I'm not sure from the pictures. Does it look like actual powder? WPM looks kind of like someone spilled some flour on your leaves, and usually it appears in splotches. Since it's a fungus, the spores tend to grow together, sometimes even in circles! With spider mites, the dots are actually in the leaf and all spread out since the mites move a lot. It's like the bug bites the leaf and sucks out all the good stuff. But it won't actually put a hole through the leaf. They are super tiny and incredibly hard to see, and hang out under the leaves and wherever it's hard to see them.

Not sure if that helps, hopefully someone else will chime in! Just curious, where did you get the plant? Have you hung out near anyone else's garden recently? Just trying to think of the most common reason people get mites - other growers! 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

The plants have been growing in my backyard. It's been extremely hot and humid lately with no breeze. Looking back I should have brought them in

Comment

So I removed the plants that looked bad all the other ones look fine but this has progressed fast over night I don't think it's the white mold anymore

Comment

🌱 Could it be thrips? The white stuff kind of looks like the stuff they make on leaves. Are there any bugs in the soil? If you check under a leaf with a bright light and stare for 60 seconds, can you see anything move? 🌱
          (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

I do think it's the thrips or spider mites. Either way I got neem oil on the way. Do you know how long it takes to fix the plant? Or how much to spray on the plant?

Comment

• berrypilot
              berrypilot commented
              Editing a comment
              🌱 It should have directions on the bottle telling you how much water to add (it's different depending on the concentration you bought). Do you have a mister to foliar spray them so you get all the leaves evenly? If possible, it will help you a lot if you can actually identify the bug, since neem is good for some bugs but not others. 🌱

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X