Height for my SOG???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Height for my SOG???

Hello all, I'm not extremely new to growing I'm on my seventh grow as of now(experimenting with bagseed). I'm doing a Sea of Green , but what I wanted to know is what everyone else thinks.

I use a digital-dimmable ballast for a 1000watt mh/hps
    (I run the light at 50% capacity)
    My tent is 2'x2'x5'2"
    Growing medium is coir
    I'm using fox farm trio nutes

So with all of my factors in mind. What would you suggest my height be for predominantly indica strains before initiating flowering. This will be my first SOG setup.

Thanks for any words of wisdom or personal knowledge!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Quoting nebula "never seen a plant make a cola bigger than 2 ft" I assume that's the maximum depth of light penetration. so keep in mind you going to lollipop the lowest nodes and fill one foot before flowering and they will stretch another foot. That's what I think

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      SinsemillaScientist commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you I appreciate that, I'm generally reading anything I can train my eyes on when it comes to GWE, but I've come across a lot of conflicting information from other sites as well. The SOG method would have been way easier on myself had I chosen a single strain offline but I like a challenge and want to prove to myself that you can grow from bag seed with great success but also only after great patience.

🌱 I've never seen a cola longer than 2 feet indoors. I saw a picture of this one weird bagseed strain that grew in a little hole of light in the forest. I don't think most strains will grow like this, and if they did I don't think you would get the penetration of the sun if you tried to grow it indoors! I don't think it yielded very well either unfortunately but it might have been too high nutes 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      How very strange, I would have loved to examine that plant. Bagseed oddities are kind of my fun zone, thats what I'm experimenting with now during this SOG grow. But thanks for the advice I appreciate it!

🌱 You know I found a bigger pic and if I look at that plant again, the actual "main cola" doesn't really seem like it goes down far beyond two feet either. It sort of splits into a bunch of little buds. 🌱
    (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      I've also been researching of course primarily it's the strain whether or not how high yielding it is. But it also has to do with the growers ability to give the plant everything it needs. Most SOG setups I've been reading on go for about the 1-2ft. Mark., before ever making the switch, I'll probably be switching around the 10-16 inch mark, been LST'ING the plants as they get older keeping everything uniform in the grow room.

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 Please update and tell us how it goes! 🌱

It's amazing how fast these plants really grow, after working in a greenhouse for three years I'd experienced exponential growth. Although after two days my plants have grown an inch a day easily. It won't be long now. Pictures to come!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that! I'm going to go watch him now, also I was reading through your posts trying to gain knowledge like usual and I found that you've grown brick seed? How well does it go for you? Any complications? Tips? I plan on doing a SOG after this out of about 50 brick seeds. Potency and yields?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      The only think I could tell you is they're not going to be even the same strain let alone the phenos. So different from one another that I think could be a problem with so many plants. Some short some tall. Some fast flowering some eternal. A few hermaphrodites. They gonna need personalized attention and you going to have a very irregular canopy. So plan ahead. But let me tell you. You will find some diamonds in the rough. One of the first I harvested tastes better and it's more potent than the green crack I have. Also it flowered in 55-60 days. A total winner

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      I figured as much I'm having the same healthy issue with the bag seed from the higher potency bag seed I've had. All different phenom growing at different rates. So I play on their traits to keep the relatively similar, one grew twice as fast as the other four and I topped it and lollipopped the lower nodes, much like the manifold nebula creates. Without the secondary topping. Brought it back down closer to the others and gave them time to beef up and get some better establishment. I have a buddy monster of an indica, and a very short mounded indica sativa hyrid, looks like an igloo . But I'm fascinated that you've had great luck with this since I've also been deciding to try and do the same!

I have not run a SOG myself. But, in a SOG it's number of plants, not individual size. I have read many articles on the technique. Most, I have seen, say to veg until leaves are right at touching, then flip the lights.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X