Heat during flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Heat during flower

Switched to 12/12 about May 1st --started having some deficiencies about May 20th calcium and magnesium. I think that is under control but now I am unable to control the heat in my grow room. I am in a concrete root cellar with minimal ventilation.Looks like my buds are heat stressed and have quit fattening and getting alot of new growth on top and down low on the plant. Have several weeks to go but not sure what to do at this point. Doesnt sound like temps are going to drop anytime soon.. I've got the exhaust from the dehumidifier blowing outside but it still running 90-95*F in the room. Opened the door yesterday for a while and got the temp down to 84*F but as soon as I shut the door temps started to rise.Here are some pix. White Widow in FF Ocean Forest soil FF Nutes. 600W(equivalent) LED's.
    ANy Suggestions? Just let them keep going or................. Thanks for any input
    Attached Files

OK-I dont want to do it but may not have a choice-- If I open the door from lights on to lights off and use a fan to blow cooler air in the cellar and get the temp down will she go back into flower mode?I was able to get the temp down to 83*F tonight and then I shut the door right before lights out. I've also changed to 10/14light schedule (14 hours dark)== Hoping for some input- Thanks

Comment

The light schedule may help them finish this round but you need an AC

Comment

Are you running the light at night?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• facs_grow
          facs_grow commented
          Editing a comment
          Lights have been going out at 10pm and back on at 10am
          Now they will go out at 10pm and come on at about 12Noon

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe think about a move to on at 10 pm and off at 9am.
          IV had the same problem on my last grow end mid may 85f to 90f running my hps from 7am to 6 pm I tried dimming my lamp, 3 fans, opening the doors, everything but buy a a/c unit. What work for my broke ass is after harvest I moved my clones to the flowing tent and at the flower switch just left light on till my new start time 10 pm to 9am. Havent had a problem 68f low to 78f for a high.
          Another note, I have heard that 11/13 is most. Longer dark can decrease yeald I haven't used 10/14 so I have no experience just what I read from others.
          Good luck and I hope you can get a handle on it.
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-16-2017, 11:46 PM.

• facs_grow
          facs_grow commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the input Mr.Furley- I'll go with 13 dark and see what happens- Cant really change when they are dark since I have to empty the dehumidifier about 3 times a day on my lunch hour, after work then again right before lights out. I guess I could run it into a 5 gal bucket and empty once a day. that might work-- for now I'll keep the door open from lunch til lights out and see what happens.Still have about 3-4 weeks to go If they make it that far.

🌱 Is it possible to move up the light? 🌱
        (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ Poof!

Comment

• facs_grow
          facs_grow commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got the lights about 24" above the top of the plant-- that is the maximum I can move them up

🌱 You know, it almost looks like it's revegging because the top leaves are round. Is it possible it's getting a tiny light leak during the dark period?🌱

Comment

nope-- no light leaks- in a concrete bunker and the door is sealed no other sources of light
          It is re-vegging but I'm sure that is from the initial heat stress they were subjected to. I've got the heat under control now stays between 78-85 now. No more 93-98. newer leaves are starting to get serrated again and she's stretching from the top of the 1st buds. Hopefully it will be a short stretch and get back to flowering and building the 1st buds and whatever its going to do next on the new growth.
          Hope it hasnt set back harvest too far. I was looking at 7/19 or so but now I'm sure I"m going to have to add a couple weeks

Comment

🌱 Thanks for the update! It's interesting that heat could get it to re-veg, but heat can cause it to herm so it doesn't seem that crazy. Could it possibly just be heat damage/foxtailing (I know heat-burned buds with fox tails start growing longer sugar leaves), and not actual revegging? 🌱

Comment

Going to try to post some more pix of the new growth on top of the buds note the serrated leaves in a couple pix. These are the white widow.
              There is also a pic in there of the King Tut that was also heat stressed. It didnt get to the same stage in budding before the heat hit so I'm not sure what it is doing!!
              Got some pix uploaded but having problems uploading a pic of the White Widow from a distance I'll try again

Comment

Here she is--not a very good picture--I'll try to get some in a few days with the LED's off

Comment

🌱 When the leaves are pointing straight up like that, for me it's always been caused by the lights being too close. Is it possible to move the light up a few inches? In the forum so far it seems like most LED models do well at 18-24 inches, but it's a little different for each LED and each plant. As a whole your plants look great! I'm not sure it is re-vegging. It looks more like odd foxtail growth to me! Which is good, because that's not really a big deal compared to re-vegging.🌱

Comment

been a while since I've updated this post-- it is most definitely re-veg-- they are some funny lookin plants right now- looks like I grafted new plants to the tops of the buds. They are starting to show new bud sites again.-- lights are off so no pix tonight but I'll try to get some up this weekend. King tut didnt get so bad with the heat just kept stretching - did add quite a bit more growth and she is really starting to show the bud sites-- if they fill out I should have about 5 colas with 15-20" long buds

Comment

Heres some pix of the new growth on top of the buds--- I'm almost tempted to cut them off as clones and harvest what is there-- the White Widow will be a bust but I still have HIGH hopes for the King Tut-- Although we got pretty toasted off some of the WW larfy buds I trimmed off.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X