Oldjarhead100 Flowering Grow Journal with Defoliation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldjarhead100 Flowering Grow Journal with Defoliation

read Nebulas email yesterday and was inspired, started at 9 am finished at 2pm five gallons of leaves hope I didn't over do it lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

NO BLOOM stretch these are Pics of my bloom room (I have a Argo 8'by5'by7'high separated by a light barrier) MY set up has been a 1000w hps light shown I recently added the leds.co2 range is from 350 to 600 . My question is why do I not get bloom stretch Ive read that your plants can double size in bloom. mine tend to only grow about 8 inches in bloom. I haven't worried to much about it but this is the last bloom for the room after these I am building a room with a little more room and using the tent as my veg room. I also grow in Coco. Now for the things I've been doing wrong. I use tap water filtered to remove chlorine,the PH is 7.25 so I never really checked after I added nutes(BIG MISTAKE).I've corrected that. everything else has been normal I have completed 12 to 14 grows never with bloom stretch. my yields vary with the strain but are between 14 to 24 ounces .any thoughts will be appreciated
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

I'm curious about strech too. I don't have as many grows under my belt as you but I have had some strech like crazy and others with no strech at all. I haven't found any conclusive information so I am in trial and error mode. I have raised my lights some at light switch to encourage strech but I am currently growing with CFL's. Will lower lights after a couple of weeks to ripen buds. I have also decided not to defoliate during first three weeks of flower thinking it may stunt strech while plants recover from trimming. Keep us posted on any info you come across!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

It looks to me that you have Indica-dominate plants. Do you tend to grow Indica's more? Also, what does the seed bank say as far as the plant height goes? Could be they are just short plants.
        Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
        4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have any HPS experience but I think strain is the biggest factor. Stoney Tony is right that indicas will stretch less and sometimes not at all. This said, I've noticed I get less stretch under good quality LEDs (I get the opposite effect from cheap LEDs!) than other light's I've tried.

I've been experimenting with raising my light a couple of inches once my autos move into early flower. I'm not in the slightest bit scientific but I hope to build an intuition about this approach over a few grows...

How many extra nodes are you getting in early flower? Extra nodes is what you want rather than just height. In general I find LEDs give tighter node spacing than CFLs.
          Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 04-05-2017, 03:34 PM.
          Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

I agree with BTB: you have to check the info on the strain, because some plants stay quite short, some are medium stretchers, and some are tall stretchers (sativas).
            4/15/19 Grow #10: roomie 1: Green Crack (Cali Con), OG Kush (RQS), & Dr. Greenthumbs Em dog (HSO);
            roomie 2: C99 (G13 Labs), White Widow (DP), & Shiva Skunk (Sensi).
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs & attached chillers.

Future Harvest nutes

Comment

More nodes indeed!

Veg:

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

The strain is Gorilla glue and they are clones of the same plant that a friend just finished up( he does hydro)and he had to tie/bend every thing over from to much stretch . I have noticed that they have grown 2 or 3 inches in last week the other thing it might have been is the ph of water I have ph 7 water and never really worried about it. now I'm lowering the ph to 6 and it seem to be working . Its definitely something I'm doing because Ive had a dozen or so strains all grew with little or no stretch will keep posted thanks for info. my nodes are 1/2 inch apart and they go down the stem for about 8 inches everything else is gone. Other than not growing taller they are doing fantastic

Comment

OJH - 7 is high for growing in coco. It should be between 5.5-6.5. Unless you are putting it at 7+ because you are measuring the PH in the water after it drains from watering the plants, and it's coming out lower than 5.5....?

Veg:

Comment

Well let me put my $.02 I had 2 northern light auto's, growing side by side - 1 was always 2 inches smaller than the other. At one point both plants grew like 4 inches in 2 days. The bigger of the 2 started to produce some nice buds and is now harvested. The other, was basically stagnant for about a week or so and then did this big stretch thing in about 3 days it grew 8 inches. Now it is filling in the bud sites and harvest time will most likely be a month after the other. So I thought they both stretched and the other stretched twice???? Perhaps there was no stretch and the one just started to grow buds???

I am also puzzled with the stretch, 2 of the same stain. 2 different outcomes.

So once again all the same but different, Live, learn, and wonder.

Comment

• alltatup
                      alltatup commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Caveman, that is so awesome! Each one is like an individual person, huh: gotta go at her own pace!

Hey alltatup, Anymore, I just try to keep the plants healthy till the end, give them what the need, do what i can for them, and hope for the best -- Kind of like raising kids, lol.

Comment

I like your spirit, caveman!!!
                      4/15/19 Grow #10: roomie 1: Green Crack (Cali Con), OG Kush (RQS), & Dr. Greenthumbs Em dog (HSO);
                      roomie 2: C99 (G13 Labs), White Widow (DP), & Shiva Skunk (Sensi).
                      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs & attached chillers.

Future Harvest nutes

Comment

16 nodes on a stem with 1/2" spacing sounds great to me

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

Hey caveman, I have a similar thing two blue mystic auto and the grow characteristics seems pretty different. This said they have been under different lights.

So many factors!! It's too much for me to science about properly so I just try develop my intuitions

-Rita Mae Brown

My IG

Comment

update on no bloom stretch. girls are looking good. they have stretch 3" or more they feed on a 3 day schedule again. this strain is gorilla glue and they dont like water over ph of 6.5 My base water is at 7.3 so I need to adjust it every water but what a difference. the girls are sucking it up like it was through a straw . the second photo is of a seedling that didnt make it .but I thought it had a lot of roots for a plant 4 weeks old.it was in a gallon pot of coco/perlite, I think I trimmed it to much , the seed came from a hermie of Budda Tahoe.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X