No announcement yet.

Original skunk #1 grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D.A.A.S.69 You can be a judge. But I was hoping to get to see what you could throw at us. I learned real early in life that you never want to mess with someone who grew up on the river (That's the MS River for the rest of you.) Living on the river changes a person in ways that makes them able to accomplish anything. It also gives a person the ability to be happy no matter what comes their way.

And when I say on the river I'm not talking about in the city. I'm talking about those people who get everything they need in life from the river, on the banks, or out in the woods. Even those who have money dont really use it or need it. Always one of those people you had no idea was a multi millionaire until they pass.

I wont give up on you jumping in but it is all good my friend. I really hope that appt goes well. Let me know when you can tell me more. And if you need anything let me know. I'm not that far from you and need to head down that way soon. Probably going to Baton Rouge this month.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Redwasp, thanks ole buddy, that's mighty kind of you dude!!
      Yes, You an I, are just about like Huckleberry and Tom,
      Give us a hook or two, an a homemade bow an arrow, and a few seeds, and we will eat as good as anyone !!
      I was always told I was more like Huckleberry than Tom. Though.
      Thanks again, bro, I'll let you know, what they say !!
      Have a good one.

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      D.A.A.S.69 lol funny you bring those up. When I was young and stupid I always stared at the river and wondered how he swam across it. When I was 14 I tried just south of Of the Old Vicksburg bridge from the Louisiana side. Yes was probably drinking. Well you know the part well I'm sure the river not drinking. Lol If it hadn't been for that barge I wouldnt be typing this. And damned if you didnt know it but they lock your ass up for that shit. Lmfao but I was 14 so no biggie.

Moral of the story is dont try. When my youngest son was 6 he looked at me and said Dad you realize the river wasnt that wide back then. Lmao 6yo smarter than me.

Day 43 Flowering

Hows it going folk? Thought it might be time for a update so here I am LoL.
    Well I have been checking out the girls trich"s and have already been seeing a very few amber and its only in week 6 of flower. Think they may have to get cut sooner than I thought. I was just adviseing a fellow grower thats new to the site the other evening to not really rely on the breeders flowering weeks for harvest time and check this shit out, my ladies are gonna make me wrong on my own grow lmao. Anyway, the breeder suggests a flowering period of between 8 to 9 weeks for my strain (Skunk#1) and looks to me like it might only get to 7 or 8 if I'm lucky. I watered and fed with nutes tonight and depending what I see the upcoming feeding day, I may start my pre harvest flush and take it out for atleast a week or 2 if I can wait that long. I don't mind a few amber but don't want too many for my taste anyhow.
    On another note, the smell has been getting a bit ripe lately but not bad enough to worry. Well last night when I got home from work I stepped outside my truck and I park atleast 50 ft. from the house when it rains cause my driveway isn't paved yet and damn the scent nearly knocked me on my ass it was so strong. As I was sort of panicked I went straight inside and hooked my carbon filter up .Today the smell was gone. See I've got and had a nice grow tent for about 2 years and never been able to set it up cause right before I did my baby brother,wife and my neice lost their place and I let them come here for a couple months and that turned into a couple years, so I made my closet into a grow room and don't have the room like I would in my tent, its 4X4X6. Family you know, what to do with'em sometimes I just don't know.
    Anyhow got some new pics for the journal and I'll talk to ya'll later on, have a good night and happy growing.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
    (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings 23watt Daylight 6500K 2 per seedlings
    600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for Flowering
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio/Big Bloom,Grow Big,Tiger Bloom
    General Hydroponics/Cali-Magic,Armor SI
    Bloom City/Clean Kelp Sea Weed Extract
    (POTS) Solo's for seedlings
    3Gal Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
    (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
    (Humidifier For Veg) Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier {Inside Grow Area}
    (Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan 2- 6inch clip on fans
    (STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X2

Previous Grow
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate it folk, thank ya'll. I'll have one maybe two more updates before I chop'em down. I enjoy posting my pics from week to week and hearing from my grow compans, I enjoy seeing all of my folks here and their new updates and new pics of their grows. This site is one of my favorite pass times of the evening after work.
      Ya'll have a good night and as always Happy Growing, Keep It Green Folk.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      So Trimmings426 I just zoomed in for the first time. So you topped at the first set of nodes, fluxed, and then topped each end at the second set?

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      I followed Nebula's tutorial to the T. I let them grow 6 nodes, chopped at the 3rd node. Then let those 2 stems grow 4 nodes each tieing them ,the 2 main stems down a little each day as to allow them to grow out and not up. After the 2 mains grew in their 4th nodes each I topped the 4th off and left their 3rd nodes and cut their middle nodes and left their 1st nodes. So I started out after all the topping and cutting I was left with 8 main colas, exactly how Nebula explains it in her tutorial and it worked out great for me. This time I'm going to do it a tad different though and experiment with it a little.

DAY 44 Flowering

No new update today, just figured out (fingers crossed) how to take the tricomes pics and post'em on my journal. So I got a few close ups for y'all. I hope. LoL

Previous Grow
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice pictures my friend

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      They turned out really good bud

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 9FL and thanks for the help with the pic with my scope and helping with info how to upload the scope pics onto site RT

Day 47 Flowering

Hows it going GWE? Wanted to stop in and make a post tonight to maybe offer some help with a couple pics from my grow. Last few days I've been noticing some variations in my top most colas and tonight when I watered them; off topic a socond I've started my harvest flush 3 days ago after my last post actually; ok back to topic. I noticed foxtailing on my top colas. I'll post some pics for those who currently are new to the fam and for those who in the future will be with us. It took me the longest time to figure out what the hell is foxtailing and I got to looking closer at some of the site pics but could'nt see what they were trying to show us until my last couple of grows and now I got a couple nice ones showing. I know what i've done, I've stressed my girls with to much light trying to give them all they could handle and a bit more as to hopefully get top yeild and as potent thc as possible. Well think once again I tried to hard and went a little over board. Thursday the 15th starts their 8th week of flowering and I've planned on flushing them for week and half to 2 weeks to get all the salt build up out. Been checking the trichomes everyday and so far hardly any virtually no amber mostly milky and some clear. In all honestly I could harvest anytime now but I want to make sure to get all the salts out first. Which ever comes first I'll harves on week 9 or middle of week 9 I want allow many more ambers to turn out. The buds are rock hard now and they smell awesome, without the carbon filter you would swear a damn skunk got in one of the heat and air vents and spraid, I meen super skunky smell delicious. Think its gonna be a nice harvest.
    Ok thats all for now and I'll post the pics of the foxtails, hope this will help someone later on if they have a light or heat stress problem and their plants start growing weird little appendigidges, LoL.
    Have a good night and Happy Growing.

(Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

God, they look great buddy! Foxtails are no big deal whatsoever. Over the years I’ve heard a 100 different reasons from light, genetics, soil ph, nutes, bla bla fuckin bla... It all smokes the same. The first pic the sent looked like a turd w a hard-on emoji...lmao.
      That is a solid grow have have going on. Are you doing a straight water flush or adding a sugar base?
      ✌🏻🙏🏼

Comment

• Trimmings426
        Trimmings426 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds good if I can get my Widows in. I actually got my previous seeds from Nirvana Northern Lights here's the link to the journal https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
        And I'll pass along the message, Mom is old school, she is all about the whip of mother nature and the elements taking control of the grow and having their way with it , she has never been all enthused about inside growing. I am going to try and locate a good stealthy spot around my house to do a couple girls this spring, probally my last 2 Northern Lights. Info says outside yeild is off the charts with the Lights like 18 oz's per plant or something close to that.

• Retodd
        Retodd commented
        Editing a comment
        It said invalid URL when I clicked the link. I take it yournot in a legal state either...ugh. Such a pain in the ass. I have 166 acres on a 1/2 mi private road, so it’s pretty easy for a few plants outside. The room where my indoor grow is pretty stealthy too. I only have a couple friends and a small family. They all know I grow. The friends like it cuz I hook them up for free and my family even lend a hand, even the ones in law enforcement...lmao.

• Trimmings426
        Trimmings426 commented
        Editing a comment
        The file should be there, but about that since it did come up as a invalid url does that meen it aint there because I'm not in a legal state or something along those lines? But no I live in Tennessee and a huge part of the almighty bible belt so no I'm in a extremely illegal state.
        Anyway I've got the journal posted in the completed grow journals link if you want to check it out.

(Day 58 Flowering)
      Wanted to make sure this stood out among everything else on this post. I once again have some way miscaculated my days of flowering in my journal but not on paper, as usual. I'm bout a week behind in my journal so I wanted to correct that mistake now with this colored text so everyone can see. I'm sorry I can't count past 30 but guess thats what happens sometimes
      Ok, I checked my trichomes tonight before watering/harvest flush and saw a few more amber almost as many as I normally allow to come in before I cut the ladies down and begin the drying process. However this time I thought I'd try something new to me. I've been reading about allowing the plants to stay in total darkness for 24-72 hours before harvesting and also read that during the lights out time that the trichomes wouldn't get anymore amber cause of the lights being out ,this I'm not sure about but I have heard of more resin production and fattening up of buds during this dark period. I don't know if this is fact or not but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. As far as the watering goes I didn't water them tonight cause I also heard that you should not water a few days prior to harvest and this helps with the drying process if theirs no extra water in the roots and stems. Now once again, I don't know if this is accurate or not but wanted to try it anyway as kind of a last minute experiment cause its just a couple days and their is alot of research to read about both claims, some will agree and some disagree. After the fact I'll let you know my results with my girls. got a small heater in the grow area with my girls as to not let temps get to cool for them and to not let the RH get above 30-35%. They are some damn frosty bitches now when I checked'em out tonight , they should be some good buds once dried and cured. I ordered another 12 pk of Boveda 62% 2way humidity packs for the cureing process and they came in yesterday. I've been useing those for the last few grows and have to say they are a life saver I swear by them over any other brand on the market and as long as they are stored right in a air tight canister or jar they will last along time to come. The 2way action is great they can add moisture as needed or absorb moisture as needed.
      I'm preaching to the quire I know.
      Well I'll update again when the lights come back on and until then have a good night and stay green.

Previous Grow
      Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Harvested 11/19/18 (Last Night)

Previous Grow
        Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bud I've got WW Fems on the way now they sent me a updated email that I received this morning sometime before leaving for work and Seedsman has finally shipped out my resend where my others got lost or whatever happened to them last time. I want have any Autos to join the competition this time round. I always grow Reg. or mainly Fem. never did Autos before.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Man...if we weren’t all so private I’d mail you some of your choice...lol. My final weight blew, but it was my first for indoor and trying different techniques and first with autos. One plant was 2.8 and the other was just over 1😭. I’m gonna whip some ass on the competition tho. I know everything I did wrong. Yours look great, I say again. You check the mail I sent ya?

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I left you a comment on your site last night as I was looking through your journal. But to answer your ?, yes I would appreciate a materials and how to list on the construction of your grow box. It looked awesome bro, good work on that and yes that would be a great help for me when I'm out of town on work assignments I'll be lookin foward to the list and would like to get on the construction asap for my upcoming grow, if the fuckin thing ever happens,lmao. A mans gotta have something to plant if he's to grow. Hey that'd be a good quote for my profile page,lol. Talk to ya later bud, be strong and stay green.

Originally posted by Trimmings426 View Post
        Started 2 Skunk #1 seeds germinateing on Monday the 16th.
        Started the germinateing process in a small Jiffy Propagation chamber using the Jiffy starter plugs.
        Got my heating mat and thermostat under the chamber set on 80F. And keeping the plugs nice and moist with RO WATER.
        Should take about 7 days or so for them to pop up, in the mean time got cfls on the plugs 24 7.
        This grow I'm going to attempt to do a MANIFOLD Grow using Nebula's design idea. Looking forward to this grow and all the back and forth feed back we will give one another about all our new grows. I'll pop off a couple of pics of my small set and up and I'll send more when my new babies decide to pop up and see the day. Everyone have a great grow.

Previous Grow
        Don't judge each day by
        the "harvest" you reap but
        by the "seeds" that you sow.

Comment

Trimmings, I just made some Rick Simpson Oil from a oz. of Original Skunk #1. It came from my January harvest. One thing I have to point out besides the quality of the High, is the rock hard nuggets. They weren't that hard when I put them in the jars in January. They got that way through the curing process.
          "Treachery and Old Age will overcome Youth and Skill"

1st Grow

Peyote Wi Fi Seedsman
          Blueberry Seedsman

Comment

• Trimmings426
            Trimmings426 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hell yeah sounds great, mine were pretty dense at harvest. Ive had them drying for 4 days now in my grow closet in the dark. My temp. is good and stable at 69-70 F. but starting to have a bit of an issue with my RH, it wants to stay around 36%-40% and thats not good. Last night I started running my Cool Mist Humidifier and started venting a bit of cool air inside the closet to raise the RH till their finished drying. Earlier I did take down a few of the smaller nugs that came from the lower parts of the plants and jarred them. They were beginning to get really dry on the outside and thoughr it might be a good idea to go ahead and get them in their homes. I put a hygrometer inside with them and ordered a new pack of the Boveda 62% 2way humidipacks and got them in last week. Depending on results tomorrow I'll put 1 in maybe.

FINAL YIELD 270 grams 9 oz's
          After drying I had a decent yield bout a 1/4 lb. Per plant

Hey buds, how is everyone? Well I made it to the cure, however I over dried slightly. I haven't had the nugs jarred a full 24 hours yet only about 13 and the RH in jars has reached 59% thus far but I also have a Boveda 62% humidity pack inside of every jar as to get the RH to the right spot. I do think they are good and only got a tad to dry but not enough to worry about so the cureing process should still start at nearly the right time. I would have taken them down yesterday morning and jarred them only I had to work a full day in order to get my holiday pay for thanksgiving day. So I had to wait until I got home yesterday. I sent my link to Nebula last night to have my journal moved to the finished grow journal section. I was happy with my final yield from the grow and this time I spraid the plants only while they were in early vegetative stage for insects. I f you all remember from my previous grow with the Northern Lights I developed a huge Spider Mite infestation right at the end of flowering about 3 weeks before harvest and did a stupid thing, like spray Neem Oil on the plants near the end of flowering stage and I spraid the buds good. I panicked and asked for help but before I waited for that help my dumbass went on my own and spraid anyway cause I panicked. The buds were still good and potent enough, as I've always said Northern Lights is a good mid in my own opinion. But after the Neem Oil was spraid on them I allowed the Mites to die down a bit then I cut plants the entire plant and did a good bud wash on them with warm water and lemon juice then plain cold water then another plain water. It helped the taste but you could still taste the chemical in the smoke and sometimes you had no taste at all. You live and you learn I guess. But thats history. Also I was so wrapped up and busy thursday I didn't even wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving so I would like to now, I appoligize my forgetfulness. HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING ALL.

Previous Grow
          Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Where did you get those white metal grates to raise the pots above the tray? I need those ASAP!!!!

Comment

Can you help me with answers and solutions please my kids put shampoo all over plants 3 wks from harvest ive washed flushed properly drowned them will they make it
              IO'D

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Spidermite I think you’d agree they’ll be fine after the flush. Figure in the past ppl use shampoo or dish detergent to get rid of mites, etc.

Cheers mate
              IO'D

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X