Original skunk #1 grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 60 (Transition Phase) Flowering Cycle Begins

Whats up freinds? I had to make a unexpected trip home this morning and stopped in to check on my girls and damn if they haven't grown nearly 3 inches since I've been gone since Sunday. So that being said they've been in their vegitative cycle for 60 days today, and being they were lookin so good and healthy and no further signs of sickness I went ahead and switched them to their flowering cycle today before I went back to the out of town job I am on. Unfortnately I did not bring my laptop with me so I don't have any pics to show as of now but soon as I return I'll get lots of catch up pics to upload to my journal for ya'll to check out. But I atleast wanted to get the transition date into the journal to keep a good record of the current grow. Hope you all have a great night and Happy Growing Everyone, talk later on folks.

Previous Grow
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal! Can’t wait to see em. Looks like momma has been doing a better job than you...lmao

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      LoL, no not that they just had a few days without daddy and when I came in they were happy to see me. Mom didn't even start watering till tonight. But to that response yes my mother is old school and has been round the block a few times with her own flowers so she does know what she's doing. She always did outside growing never inside' she prefers the real mother nature to take hold of her stock.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure sure....lol. Well go with that...lmao. Why do you think I let my mom handle my outsiders more than me?🤔. I let her have her fun now like she’s the one growing still. She’s a 70 yr old gal and just still gets a kick out of it. She still forgot more than I’ll even know. Most I’ve ever handled was 80 girls at a time. Moms never told me how many she’s done. I was in CO for 9 yrs at the time while she was still here in KY. Be safe bud. Can’t wait for those pix

Day 62 Grow (Day 3 Flowering)
    What's up budz? I got to come home for the weekend and going back to the house my boss rented us again Sunday about midday. I wanted to upload the pics I promised last time I posted 2 nights ago. The ladies are looking really nice. I do got a question for y'all though about what some of you might do if your ladies had some shorter stems. I actually didn't mean for this to happen this way, both ladies having been trained using Nebula's MANIFOLD Tutorial but that's just how it goes sometimes or maybe it's right and I just haven't snipped away the excess baggage yet. Please tale me what y'all would do so I can learn from it for the next MANIFOLD grow I do. Oh and by the way the deficiency has cleared up now really good, no more spreading to the leaves still got the burnt ends and tips but those want heal so I'll probably snip the tips maybe. Thanks to you all that gave me good advice and info to help correct the problem, I really appreciate it. Thanks!

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
    (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings 23watt Daylight 6500K 2 per seedlings
    600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for Flowering
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio/Big Bloom,Grow Big,Tiger Bloom
    General Hydroponics/Cali-Magic,Armor SI
    Bloom City/Clean Kelp Sea Weed Extract
    (POTS) Solo's for seedlings
    3Gal Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
    (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
    (Humidifier For Veg) Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier {Inside Grow Area}
    (Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan 2- 6inch clip on fans
    (STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X2

Previous Grow

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great! I snipped my shorter ones and just put them in my clone cup...lol.

DAY 11 Flowering

Well I finally made it back into town bout an hour ago and wanted to do a quick update for my journal.
    My ladies are loo,ing good although one had started to get a small amount of the white powdery mildew on some of her leaves but I already took care of that by wiping some off with a damp paper towel, I read on the site of plant problems and some I clipped away cause they were getting thick and needed the canopy thinned out a bit for better AIR flow through their canopy. I'm gonna wait to lolly pop them for a bit maybe a week or more after their stretch. My MANIFOLD didn't quite turn out like I had tried, instead of only 8 main colas per plant they ended up with a few. Their lower stems grew out and away from the main stems which isn't a bad thing just don't look like a true MANIFOLD. Both have started developing buds and look good and healthy although both did have a couple of leaves on the lower sites that had turned mostly yellow but I snipped them away. The WPM came from to high of humidity so I've started running my dehumidifier during lights out now so that should take care of the issue, plus right before lights go out I'm gonna mist both with the Neem Oil to treat the WPM. All in all both ladies look really good, my aka partner, my Mother took good care of them while I was away so gonna have to treat her to a little once I get'em done and cured. Ok well that's the short and skinny of it for now so I'll post the pics and talk to you all in a few days. Have a good night and Happy Growing All.

(Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Dude! They look great! Maybe momma will share w ya at harvest time😂🤪

Comment

DAY 13 Flowering

What's up GWE? I was reading the tutorial on defoilation in the Flowering Stage earlier tonight where you defoilate in the earlier stage and once more around the middle. I defoilate one of my ladies to where I could see the light showing through to the floor and all the bud sites are able to get light and a breeze. I left the other alone, I'm going to do a kind of experiment to see if their is any difference in the Flowering and bud size. Now of coarse I'll defoilate the other a tad but just enough to keep mildew away. I'll upload some pics tomorrow for my journal and show what I've done and give updates.

Previous Grow
        Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

DAY 14 Flowering

My ladies are now 2 weeks into flowering and looking good. Wanted to post the pics from last night's post to show the start of the defoilation experiment. The one on the left is the one I trimmed and nothing other than a few fan leaves to one on the right. This has already been done a thousand times I'm sure but I wanted to do it for myself to just see the difference that it makes for myself, and wanted to record the out come of the process for everyone in case someone else wanted to try it. Anyway that's it so here's the pics and have a good night and Happy Growing.

Previous Grow
          Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:52 PM.

Comment

DAY 16 Flowering

What's up folks? Hope everyone had a good day or night where ever you are in the world. Last night I fed my ladies with (THE Mixture) lol. Nutes figured out a great way to keep the RH at a good stand point during their slumber period. I use a small commercial dehumidifier in my grow room and let the intake duct to pull in the dehumidified AIR into my grow area from my grow room. This grow I allowed my girls to grow a bit bigger and taller so this technique wasn't working as well as it did for my previous grow with the Northern Lights. Now I've started attaching the intake ducting to the output vent of my dehumidifier and this is working wonderful, I've been keeping the RH at a fast 42%-45% which as you all know is really good RH for the Flowering cycle. About a week ago I noticed a small bit of white powdery mildew on a few of the leaves on the girl I defoilated which is really the reason I trimmed her up a bit in the first place but now it's already cleared up and dissipated. Now got to get the RH right and up higher for Veg. For my next grow which is going to be Feminized White Widow, which should be arriving between Monday and Friday next week. From Seedsman with Bitcoin. Speaking of the higher RH I was looking around inside my local Wal-Mart today and noticed this new portable AIR conditioner made by Haier for $289.00. I researched this after I got to the house and seems like a good deal considering that it's not only a AIR conditioner but it's a 3 in 1 unit a portable AIR Conditioner, A Dehumidifier, and a Fan. So I can do as I'm doing with my dehumidifier at the present time to lower the RH, I can attach the intake vent to the cooling face of the unit and let it pull the cool AIR inside the grow area from the grow ROOM and get the opposite effect. By my thinking anyway.
            That's all for now and I'll update again in a few days, till then have a good day and HAPPY GROWING.

Previous Grow
            Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              They look great buddy!

DAY 21 Flowering

How's it going FOLKS? Well I found out today I've got another out of town job to start Monday and will be gone another 2 weeks so guess it's gonna be up to my mother again to make sure my ladies are fed and taken care of. This is when I realize I should invest in a cheap auto watering system, I just don't know which one to purchase for a inside soil grow, any suggestions? Any way, wanted to post a few lines and a couple pics for my journal and give a update or two with what's been going on.
            Last night I watered my ladies and for the first time in bout a month I checked the run off pH and found it was just slightly above 7, in fact both girls were and the reading was around 7.14. Not really high above the mark but enough to cause a little worry for me. I've got my next batch of nutrient water prepared and pH adjusted to 6.05 for both ladies and gonna try and get the pH back down to a good level by feeding with 6.0 pH waters for next few feedings and check the runoff each time before I try to flush them. They both look really good though except #2 is start I g to get a few leaves every now and then to turn yellow, die at the tops and someti as edges. I've only been feeding at half strength and that's been over the coarse of the entire GROW. I WAS READING IN THE SITE LAST NIGHT ABOUT PH fluctuations and NUTRIENTS and come across a line or three that stated that sometimes the lower older leaves will show these types of signs if they aren't getting enough NUTRIENTS so this time I went from half strength to almost 3/4 strength and will feed at this level a few times as to see if that's what it may be. Other than that nothing much has arose as far as problems goes.
            Hope you all have a good night and Happy Growing.

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

DAY 27 Flowering

What's up folks? Been out of town all week since Sunday evening in Muscle Shoals Alabama for another asbestos job and just got back bout an hour ago and looked in on my ladies and glad I got back tonight for the weekend cause 3 main cola stems were heavy with bud that they were laid over on the wall. For now I tied them up with plant ties, all I've got for the moment till I can get a few yoyo's, they'll do for the time being. Had my mother taking care of them for me while I was absent this week and she did a great job feeding, emptying runoff, and hooking and unhooking and emptying the dehumidifier. Thanks Mom. When I left I was having a pH issue to high and was feeding with a pH of 6.0, want be feeding till tomorrow and I'll check the runoff then and see if there has been any improvement. If by some chance there isn`t I'll probably do a light flush and see if I can't get it fixed that way. Judging by the way things are looking as of now I think it may be adjusting back out to the correct range I can only hope. Starting to get yellow leaves once in a while toward the bottom but that's should be from flowering, they are almost to the mid stage now. It said on Seedsman where I purchased them that flowering period was around 60 days, however I expect probably a week or 2 later considering they are going from their I do using a near to perfect environment for the strain.
            Well any how that's where I stand at this point. Hope you all have a good night and HAPPY GROWING.

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
              Retodd commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like it’s snowing there too bro! We do have some great mommas don’t we? Lol. Cracked me up when mine even said she’s gonna try out the widow when it’s done. How bout yours? Stay safe at work. ✌🏻

They are still looking very much alive. Very nice and healthy.

Comment

DAY 34 Flowering

Finally got back home late last night from Muscle Shoals Alabama.
              Damn that was a hard job, took a week to remove the mastic tar from first roof me and one more guy I work with.
              After that we, me and 3 more guys had to completely demo a huge quansent hut to the slab it sit on. When I got to the house I showered and went straight to sleep after looking in on my ladies of coarse, and looking great I might add.
              Watered with nutes this morning and checked the runoff and the pH levels are almost back to where they need to be. Both are read I g arou d 6.91 now so actually their in the right range now but I'd like to get'em down to around 6.50 6.60 and I'd be happy with that.
              I had to order a pack of plant yoyo's cause some of the bigger buds were weighing the stems down and had them laying over on the walls. Before I left I tied them up using my plant twist ties and it worked for the time I was absent. Soon as I watered them I fixed them up right with the yoyo's though.
              Well for now I guess that's all the new that's happened for now but I'll give more updates soon and got so e pics for my journal and you all to check out.
              Everyone have a great night and Happy Growing.

Previous Grow

​​​​​​​
              Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                They are looking great brutha! Good your home safe. Hope you have momma a big hug for doing a awesome job.

Dunno how I missed this. Perfect health, big fat colas. Definitely subbed

Comment

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you 9fingerleafs I appreciate the comment and the sub.

DAY 38 Flowering

Wanted to stop in and give a update today.
              As I've mentioned I've been dealing with a pH problem to high in both plants. I've been watering for the last 2 and half weeks now with a pH of 6.0 and 5.90 to bring the pH levels back down to normal and today I finally reached that point. While watering today I checked the runoff and it read 6.85 still a little higher than I like but it's back to the correct range anyway so I can work with that better. I also want to thank everyone for the comments it's really good to hear. Gonna leave some new pics and hope you all have a good day and HAPPY GROWING.

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bro. I hope so, things are going my way at the moment if I can just keep the RH in control for a bit longer. During lights on its fine really good level bout 26%, 28% but during lights out it goes straight through the roof. I've been doing everything to keep it down I can think of and I can usually keep it in the mid 40's, but toward the last few weeks like starting around now or in the next week I'd like to get it down to around 30-35% to double my resin prodution a bit more. I've got a box cut down and duct taped to the front intake grate of my dehu and it don"t do nothing like I hoped it would without putting it inside the grow area oh the box has a hole cut out and I got the intake ducting set inside the box hole to extract the humidity out the grow area. I've sealed off the area as good as possible even the intake duct at lights out to try and exhaust the humidity out the area thats not did like planned. The only thing that has kept it in the 45% range is boxing up the exhaust of the dehu and attatching the intake ducting to the grow area and letting the dehu run that way and I guess the heat from the exhaust is what helps keep the humidity lower. I'm going to buy a small space heater today and attatch a humidistat to it and try that at lights out but also got to keep the temp down in the higher 60's low 70's at the same time. If I can just get this problem under control I'll be goochie and have a near perfect enviroment nearly. Sorry bout the book.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Trimmings426, Brother, those are beautiful,
                I ain't got my tent back up yet, waiting on cooler weather, so mine are in a small closet, but the weather has been messed up ,lately, an our humidity has been constantly staying in the mid 60s to 80 percent , while my plants are flowering, an ain't nothin messed up yet, mine are still swelling up, anyways.
                GoodLuck with yours 426, they look awesome! !!

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks 69 I appreciate the words of encourgement folk.

Very nice looking grow there. You are about to have a very happy holiday season.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Retodd, give em hell,!!
                I bet it would be neck an neck, with all of yall.

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I think we all should do the winter competition together. I hate to set the rules, but I’m doing autos. As December approaches we can set ground rules. Here’s one...no help from parents? 😂

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                If ya'll like we'll compare weight at the end of our grows, get a little competition going. If I'm not wrong Retodd, you have already harvested your White Widow right? I don't remember if you D.A.A.S.69 have harvested your crop yet or which strain you would want to inject if you were to want to compare. If ya'll like the idea let me know or if ya'll would rather wait till our upcoming grow to start a game that would be fine to. My next strain, if it ever arrives to me is going to be White Widow Feminized from Seedsman. The dead line on arrival of my package is 11/9/18 before I can inquire Seedsman about my order and time is running out. I'm actually starting to get a bit worried cause the previous package arrived in just 5 working days from the time of it shipping from the warehouse, this time its already been almost a month since it shipped. Anyway if ya'll would like to do this and not only us but whoever would like to get in on the contest is more than welcome, I'll put up a New Topic after I get off here. In all honesry it might be better to start on the next upcoming grow as to allow who all would like to get in on the contest to prepare and get the strain they wanted to grow ready. Just thought it might be fun to do this, let me know what ya'll think, and have a good day and Happy Growing.

I am in for a grow of autos. I have I think Blue tooth from MSNL and auto ak47 from msnl. I we wanted all the same seeds I'd be willing to get some from new guy 420.

Comment

• Redwasp
                Redwasp commented
                Editing a comment
                That sounds like a good time for me. And I didnt know @D.A A S.69 was going to be in it. I am looking forward to it. But when it comes to bud size etc I hate to say but think D.A.A.S will most likely win that one. But sounds like some great fun. I'm good with growing all different strains if you all want or all the same.

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Redwasp, thanks for the nice words, but I want win anything,
                I thought that I might get to be a Judge, don't know if I will be able to get in the contest until after the appointment I got tomorrow, I'd still rather be a judge, lol
                Be my luck the seed I start will be stunted, but luckily, they ain't been lately..
                Have a nice Sunday.
                Be A great day to listen to BlueSky, by DickieBetts of the AllmanBros. Lol

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                D.A.A.S.69 I hope your ok bud. As far as not getting in it cuz of luck, I don’t agree. This will only be my second indoor grow. I’m a Irish/German so I talk a lot of shit...lol. You have plenty of time to put in a order to Nirvana. I’d be happy to have the start date to whenever you have seeds ready. I’m blowing off a vacation just to do this...lmao. Not a lot to judge unless it’s just the looks of the girl pix. It’s a simple weight and best bud size. Anyway...I’ll talk at y’all soon.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X