No announcement yet.

Original skunk #1 grow journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

furrysparkle if you look up white widow autofem indoor journal you'll prolly find it. I'll write you from there

Comment

Thank you much Retodd
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Day 24 Veg
        Finished my manifold topping yesterday and both are looking good. I think both girls started experienceing heat stress over the past few days best as I can tell, I've since raised my light up about 9 inches and my new humidifier came in yesterday so got it up and going and it works great . I've actually got my grow area up to 55% + RH which I've until now never been able to do. I've got the temp down to 80F with light on and with light off temp stays around 68F, so as of now I think I've pretty well got my grow area under control finally, hell it only took till my 4th grow to do,LoL. Both my girls are starting to look better also the new growth is starting to flatten back out and not curl in the canoe shape and everything is pretty and green. Been feeding every 3 days with CalaMagic and Clean Kelp 5mg each as recommended. Going to allow nodes 1,2,3,4-5,6,7,8 on
        each plant to grow a bit more before I start tieing them down. I was checking my pre flowers and came across a funny looking one on one of the girls and got a pic of it for ya'll to see what you think. I haven't seen one like this yet but I am curious. Well I'll update again soon and until then have a great grow and a good night GWE.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
        (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings 23watt Daylight 6500K 2 per seedlings
        600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for Flowering
        (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
        Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
        (POTS) Solo's for seedlings
        3Gal Fiber Airation Pots for Transplant
        (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
        (Humidifier For Veg) Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier {Inside Grow Area}
        (Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}
        (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12inch oscillating fan 2- 6inch clip on fans
        (STRAIN) Original Skunk#1 X2

Previous Grow
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-grow-journal

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          They're looking nice bud! I'm still all nervous with mine. I wish I had more indoor experience like y'all.

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          No worries RT your in the right place for experience and knowledge. If you got any questions about anything just ask, if one person don't know the answer their are others who have tons of experience on this site. If you haven't checked out the finished grow journals yet you should, there is lots to learn from those after you siphon through all the conversation. Another good learning tutorial is the plant problems section for help,I've figured out what was wrong with my girls by looking and reading through that section with asking questions and talking to our fellow growers. Just hang in there and keep growing bud and everything else will fall into place on its own. Thanks for the words bout my girls, they are starting to recover from the heat stress now and are looking better every day.

Day 25 Veg
        Well I may have found some bad news tonight as I was checking out my girls or not!!! By the way it is looking both have male and female preflowers, I commented the other night about this strange looking preflower I found on one of the girls and earlier I did a little research on the subject and found a similar looking preflower on the web site. this P.F. actually looks like a small growth tip. Now on this same branch on a seperate cola I found a preflower that looks alot like a pod. Now most of the preflowers are definately female slender and pointy and a couple have even started to get their white pistils coming out, so I am at a stand off right now and don't know what I need to do. I ordered 5 feminized seeds from Seedsman so they should be all female. I don't want to remove them yet, I only have the one grow area/room and I just can't relocate them. I think I should wait and see for sure if anything changes but I've seen enough male/female preflowers to know the difference but who knows. Can I get some advice from ya'll to see what you would do if it were you? Thats it for now thanks.

Previous Grow
        Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah no shit bro. I'm sorry myself but like I said I'm gonna give it a week or so and see what happens. I have had a preflower start out looking like a male and gave it a week or so and to my surprise it turn out to be a female after all you know. The one I'm really worried about is the one that looks like a growth tip ,weirdest looking preflower I've ever seen. Now the other one isn't a perfect looking pollen sac preflower, it actually looks like a fat female flower its hefty at the base ,no small stem, and pointy at the top which I've read some female flowers look like that at first starting out then take off and get long and pointy. Hell I'll just wait and see, I'm not going to ripem up just yet not until I'm 100% sure. But yes it does piss me off a bit that I ordered feminized seeds and end up with possible males or maybe hermaphrodites.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          As I told someone on here before...stay away from smoking the paranoid strains while staring at the girls...lmao

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good advice, looked again this morning and they look more like they should. Like that one you said, pretty cool

Day 26 Veg
        Well checked again this morning and may have been a bit paranoid according to a fellow grower, think they were right about that. As I looked again everything looks as it should except the one weird pre I can see and I swear it looks just like a tiny grow tip a tiny cola, maybe its just a genetic definiency. Anyway I tied down the top 4 grow tips on both plants. I've been waiting for them to grow a bit taller before I tied them down to begin the LST with the tops. Both girls are looking really good and green both are growing good. Watered both today with 5mg CalaMagic and 5mg of Clean Kelp. Was adding the 2 every other feeding but started adding with every feeding when I noticed the purple coloring in the leaf stems on the new growth, thought it may be a mag. dif. trying to start up. Around the end of the month I'll start adding the Fox Farm Soil Trio Nutes Grow Big,Big Bloom, and during flowering Tiger Bloom. The Ocean Forest is still feedin them at the moment so no worries for now. The new humidifier I recently added to my grow area is working great, its been keeping the RH at a steady 60%. Since the heat stress I've raised the light up to 39 inches from top of the plants leaving the LUX reading at a even 30,000 for both girls. Once they get around 5 weeks old maybe a bit longer considering the heat stress issue I'll drop light back down to 50,000 LUX which will be about 18-24 inches from tops. The MH bulb is brand new so its very strong right so got to be careful. The temp in the area stays around 77F to 80F with light on and at dark cycle temp stays about 68F so temps seem to be good or do they need to be a bit hotter during light cycle period?
        Everyone have a good night and good growing.

(Dehumidifier For Flowering) {Inside The Grow Room And Pulled Inside Grow Area From Fresh Air Intake Vent}

Previous Grow
        Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Whats up GWE? Just wanted to post my pics from last nights post, I couldn't do it last night cause my girls were in their slumber, so thought I'd post'em today before they took their nap. Happy Growing All and have a good day.

Previous Grow
          Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Day 30 Veg
            Whats up GWE? Wanted to give a update, as some of you know I've been struggling with a phosphorus deficiency for about a week now. I think I've finally got it under control. One day I'm checking my girls and the next thing I know her leaves are turning brown and yellow. I did some reading and spoke with a few of my fellow growers and figured out what it was and started to work toward fixing the problem. I am growing in FFOF and I suppose it started to lose its nutrients a bit earlier this time bout 3 1/2 weeks. I stared feeding again today useing the Fox Farm Soil Trio, Big Bloom and Grow Big at half strength, and continued with CalaMagic and Kelp Xtract. Now since my girls are 4 weeks old now I started feeding them in the 4th week of the feeding chart hoping this want be to much but I thought that they were to old to begin with the 1st week of the feeding schedule, hope I didn't screw up doing this, advice anyone? Anyway just wanted to give a update since this is the journal and I started a new topic when the trouble occured. Just wanted everything to be logged in my journal thinking it might help someone in the future that may have the same problem I had and if they were to have read my journal maybe it will help them fix their issues. You just trying to give a little back. I'll post some new oics tomorrow before I leave for work, gotta work 3rd shift tomorrow night on a flip flop night, sucks. Everyone have a good night and great growing.

Previous Grow

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

What's up GWE? Wanted to change the days of grow for my journal, once again I've miscounted the days. Ok now up to date today's day of growth is actually DAY 36. DAY of break through was 7/21/18 to now would be 36 days. Sorry about the mix up. Now it makes more sense of them beginning the phosphorus deficiency. I'm bad with keeping up with the days and that's something I've really got to work on and keep tight. Now on with the post

Day 36 Veg
              I've just got my 2 new fans I ordered for air movement and taking the 2 6inch clip on fans out. I ordered 2 8inch oscillating Lil' Blizzards by Holmes. I noticed them on the site and did some research and thought they would be a better addition to my grow area. The 2 6inch clip on fans are only stationary, no oscillating ability. I've also just got 5 more grow bags and upgraded from 3gal. to 5gal. Smart Pots by VIVOSUN. Was thinking about transplanting in a week or so now since the stress is over and past, would like a few different opinions on that before I do it though, I haven't ever did any transplanting before other than from Solo Cup to final pot but think the 5gal. Smart Pots would be much better than the 3gal fabric POTS. Always had good results with 3gal fabric POTS but thought my yields might be a bit more with a bigger pot.
              Anyway that's where I'm at right now and things have took a good turn since my first feeding with the Soil Trio, oh and one more addition to my nutrient shelf, I've just ordered a qt. of General Hydroponics Armored Si, did some research on this particular nutrient and it sounds like it would be a good add on to my feeding. Read that it has a very high pH so to add it to the water before any other nutrient even Cala-Magic. I'll have to read and find out which nutes to mix from first to last, think it will be Armored Si, Cala-magic, Clean Kelp, then last the Soil Trio. If any of you know a better mix please let me know, And those of you that use the Armored Si please let me know what you think about the nutrient and if it will be a good addition to my grow.
              Well thank you all and have a good day and great growing

Previous Grow
              Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                I always look forward to your updates bud. You'll have to let us all know about the new notes too. As far as the 5 gal bags go, your like me and 100's of others that use 3 gallon bags. If it was me I'd leave well enough alone. Your girls look great after all. I'm adding another small fan to mine too this week. Like I was told, if it ain't broke...don't fix it...lol

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds good to me RT think I will leave this one where they are and start my next grow in the 5gals. I always enjoy logging in to my account after posting and seeing a # in the message bar and love reading the comments and getting the likes to my posts and my fellow growers who have been doing this longer than I and ones I have senorioty on. Always look foward to the help when there is a issue on hand and love helping folks when they have a issue they need to resolve. All and all I love this place and all the kinship and comorotery my spelling sucks lol. But thanks to you all for your influence and feel good comments you have shared with me,thank you. Have a great grow.

• Retodd
                Retodd commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm the same way with messages...lol

Previous Grow

Comment

DAY 42 VEG
                Whats up GWE? Time for another update. Had a fright or with me a freak out cause I go way over board usually when I see anything that I think looks off with my girls. Thought they may have had nutrient lock out but after consulting with a few of my fellow growers I think I can probably scratch that one off. So think it may be a slight case of over watering due to drainage, which still don't make sense to me cause before I transplanted to final POTS I added more perlite to the FFOF potting soil. So night before last I loosened the soil and added more vermiculite, i was out of perlite and after I added a bit more potting soil,again I was out of FFOF so I added a little FFHF instead. Now the reason for me thinking I had nutes lock was the research I was doing on water I g with regular tap water and how more often than not it can cause nutes lock out plus as I was watering with the tap water I was adding Cali-magic when I possibly didn't need to be. So now I've bought 6gals. Of RO WATER and that's what I'll feed with from now on. I'll say this, both girls look a lot healthier today than yesterday so that makes me feel a lot better and leans me more toward the over watering.
                Think I'm gonna keep'em in VEG another week or 2 and switch to flowering. I want to allow them to get a bit taller and more filled out before I switch. They are now as of today 6 weeks old from day of soil penetration, figure I'll let'em get about 8 weeks of vegetative growth then switch cause with them being more Sativa than Indica they'll have a decent flowering stretch.
                Also I was talking to a fellow grower yesterday and the use of a snorkel contraption came up and honestly it sounds like a great idea just need to get some material and plans for the follow through but sounds really cool. I was wondering if maybe a bubble stone for fish tank pump or a HYDROPONICS setup would work, he had mentioned a cylinder of some kind with small holes drilled through it to allow air flow out. Anyway just wanted to throw that in there, im gonna be working it out and when i co e up with something ill post a link to it with instructions. Which I'd say some one on here has already did this so if so I'd like to have their instructions to their idea. Thanks.
                OK that's it for now so I'll post my pics and talk to you all in a few days, have a great day and as always HAPPY GROWING

Previous Grow

Comment

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s what you need is more stuff...lol. She does look awfully purty tho. Me personally, I stay as far away from tap water. Water is cheap enough and plus having buckets outside to keep the rain water. Love seeing your updates tho bud

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know I'm always adding shit but when you here something that sounds so cool as adding air to your soil grow like you would a hydroponic grow well damn its intriguing. But yeah from now on no more tap water, hell thats probally been the problem the entire time with my last few grows even, cause when it comes to checking my pH levels and the pH runoff I'm a stickler for that and do not fuck around. I go all in when it come to my girls, think my ole lady is kinda jealous of'em, LoL.
                  Any how bud I gotta check out your stuff ,I haven't looked at your grow in a few days, hows it going?

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn...I do love looking at that pic! Mine aren’t bushy now and I don’t have a updated pic after pruning them last night. They’re gonna look badass on Wednesday pix tho. It was the last pruning, now just watering them, misting them, and letting them make my SOG...lol

DAY 46 Veg
                What's up FOLKS? Well I figured out a way to post my pics again, now I'm using the 2nd way with the upload attachments way and so far so good crossed fingers.
                Anyway it's been a few days Since I last posted on my journal so thought I'd get back to it tonight. When I got home from work today I looked in on my girls and saw that the one in the back was showing yet signs of something again, but upon closer attention and a little reading I think it's nute burn but a bit progressed. Both have been showing signs of of nute burn since I added the extra vermiculite and extra FFHF Potting Soil cause after adding the soil I started feeding with RO WATER and CalMag plus I didn't flush my POTS before adding the new soil and had started adding the Fox Farm Soil Trio, so what I'm thinking is with the added soil with the nutes in it and the left over nutes from Soil Trio well it has started a good case of nute burn. Read symptoms really good and all the facts are there, the yellow tips at first and now a few of the older lower leaves have burnt crusty tips and curli g up and down so think this is nute burn got pics of leaves and plants. Girl I the front just now starting to show the burnt tips with small crusty tips not bad at all yet so should I flush'em or just only feed reg RO WATER till symptoms return to normal? I was going to flip at 8 weeks but don't want to flip over till both are free of stress and showing signs of continued growth. So gonna wait a bit longer I suppose. Well that's it for now and if any of you can give me some welcome advice I will be thankful.
                Everyone have a great night and HAPPY GROWING.

Previous Grow

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210238.jpg Views:	2 Size:	849.5 KB ID:	245464Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210246.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	245465Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210255.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	245466Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210304.jpg Views:	2 Size:	727.8 KB ID:	245467Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210325.jpg Views:	2 Size:	685.4 KB ID:	245468Click image for larger version  Name:	20180905_210357.jpg Views:	1 Size:	877.8 KB ID:	245469

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They do look pretty. I’ve never encountered that before, but I’ve never used the soil your using. Question for ya tho, what do you mean when you say RO water? Also, how do you all put your description on your grow at the bottom of each mail? Thx bud

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment

First I typed my grow info out in my first post, then each time I made a new post on my journal I would go back to the post I had my grow info typed out on and copied it by high lighting it and hit ctrl c and then where ever I wanted to place it on the next post I will put cursor in that spot and hit ctrl v and it will put it there for you. Other fplks may know a simpler way to do this, this is my way that suits me and how I learned.
                  RO Water is Reverse Osmosis Water. You know how it states on the back of the water bottle or gallon jug (Purified by Distillation) or (Purified by Reverse Osmosis)
                  Thats what it means, when it states on the bottle it Purified by Reverse Osmosis well that is RO Water.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool. As long as it ain’t tap water...lmao.
                  I was hoping it was something simpler on doing the whole grow schedule deal. I won’t worry about it then. I’ll just stick with answering any questions about mine. It was so funny today...I was in my grow room when my aunt rolled in from out of town, walked in on me, and was like shame shame...😂. My cousin is a Ohio state trooper, her son. He could give a rats ass about what I do. He even makes pipes in my shop with me. Well, time to post a update on mine.

DAY 52 Veg
                What's up GWE? Been a few days since I posted anything on my journal so thought I'd get back to it tonight. As some of you know I've been struggling with something with my girls that has had me thrown off a bit. Every Time I thought it was one this g something else came up to make me think it was something different, all a d all I think it was a phosphorus deficiency as best as I can tale. A few of you gave me insight and I thank you for your help and as of now it has almost cleared up but not all the way still seeing signs and still getting the yellow tips that are turning Brown and dyeing but not as bad still getting some small spots Brown on a few leaves. I've only been giving straight RO WATER pH'd to 6.5 for past 3 feedings so I've come to a decision to flush with RO WATER with 1/4 strength nutes Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio for the next feeding to see if that will flush out any built up salts that may be in the MEDIUM. Besides that I really don't know what else to do or maybe before I do that start back feeding with 1/4 strength nutes to see if they might possibly need to be getting more NUTRIENTS. I'll post another update later I the week when I've done what I'm goi g to do and we'll see how things turn out. Until then here's some pics

Previous Grow

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215606.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	247659Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215749.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	247654Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215550.jpg Views:	1 Size:	900.2 KB ID:	247655Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215633.jpg Views:	1 Size:	943.0 KB ID:	247656Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215718.jpg Views:	1 Size:	927.9 KB ID:	247657Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215614.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	247658Click image for larger version  Name:	20180911_215606.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	247660

Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

53 Days Veg
                  Well after work I decided to only water useing nutes this time and going to keep this regular feeding up for bout a week or so to see if there is any improvement and no spreading of spots and patterns. I checked for any bugs the last couple nights and found none, however I startsd treating both girls with Neem Oil as to prevent any infestation just incase will continue the 7 day schedule and work down to a 14 day schedule. I added another nutrient to my feeding as well after doing some research and asking questions, Armour SI 1/4 ts. per gal.
                  Next feeding will feed regular RO Water with Cali-Magic 5 ml per gal. Thats all for now just wanted to give a update on what I decided to do about my problem.
                  Everyone have a good night and Happy Growing.

(NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio/Big Bloom,Grow Big,Tiger Bloom
                  General Hydroponics/Cali-Magic,Armor SI
                  Bloom City/Clean Kelp Sea Weed Extract

Previous Grow
                  Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Day 55 Veg
                    Whats up Friends? Good on my end of the world. I got a out of town job I'm leaving for Sunday evening and want be back for probally 2 weeks. Had to break down and ask my Mom to come by and check on things while I'm gone and to look in on my girls and feed them. Got that taken care of, just gotta make a schedule for her so she'll know which water to feed and the times to feed with it. I was going to buy a simple drip system and feed that way but found out spur of the moment, you know ''today''., so want have enough time to arrive before I leave anyway. For the future I'm going to order one for times such as these. I've read some of the posts on the finished journals and read how some of you have drip systems feeding your ladies while on vacation or out of town working like I will be and it sounds really promising.
                    Anyway my girls are starting to look better and I'll post a few pics in a few minutes for everyone. They are still having a little leaf problems but guess it"ll take a week or so to get completely cleared up. Well thats it for this post and I'll talk to everyone when I get home, until then have a great day and happy growing all.

Previous Grow
                    Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Day 56 Veg
                      What's up GWE? Wanted to stop by and make a final post until my return. Got some pics to post, the girls are looking great today and just had to let everyone see. Last night I did some defoilateing and thinned both of'em out a bit cause they were getting thick and not able to get good light and air penetration through their thick canopy. Nothing new besides that except how healthy they are looking now. Also I think I've not been watering enough at a time, when I watered a couple nights ago I gave them more than I normally do and since then they have been thanking me for it but I was afraid of over watering them and in fact I think I may have been u Dar watering them instead. God I'm still learning and done got 4 grows under my belt and learn new stuff on a daily basis. Anyhow be safe while I'm gone and I'll give another update when I return, until then have great days ahead and Happy Growing to all.

Previous Grow
                      Last edited by Trimmings426; 11-25-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Retodd
                        Retodd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did the same mistake and have been under watering mine. I was giving 8oz/day and upped it to 16. They did a growth spurt overnight. I’ll tag you in my ww post. Uploading pix of my outsiders

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X