• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! Today is day

72 for the Bubba Kush
    41 for the 3 Bears and Amnesia XXL
    5 for Devil Cream

The Bubba is continuing to bulk up, and is overall looking healthy. Some of the sugar leaves are starting to get a shade of purple. She still has about 60% or more white hairs, so she still has another couple weeks at least probably.

The 3 Bears is looking a little sickly at the moment. It appears to me, based on what I read on GWE, that it is a manganese deficeincy. I plan on lowering the pH to fix this problem.

The Amnesia XXL is looking really good. It has a lot thicker stem than the 3 Bears, and overall looks far healthier.

The Devil Cream finally popped above ground today. I'm eager to start my manifold on her because I plan on making sure the time is right before I do, unlike with the 3 Bears and Amnesia XXL.

I'm going to lump the Devil Cream in with this grow even though it's coming in pretty late. Grow #5 will be 4 different plants. It's getting hard to establish a set numbered grow with all of my plants being at different stages , but I think I'll manage lol.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

​​​​​​
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mcubed476, which one is the 3Bears ?
      They look good to me, but I can't see that good.

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey daas, the 3 Bears is the one on the bottom left in the top view pic. I agree, it is difficult to see in the pic, my camera phone kind of sucks lol. I'll try to get a better pic of it

Hopefully these are a little better at showing the discoloration. Overall she isn't looking horrible. She just has a few leaves like this.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 476, when did you first notice this, ?
      That rc, should take care of that in no time, but I'd keep an eye on it though, it's supposed to keep your Ph, right where it's needed.
      Never had that happen to mine. , but I don't use any other nutrients, either. GoodLuck.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      It probably started happening about 5 days ago. I'm not too worried though, I think she will bounce back!

Sad news today. I was downstairs watering an hour ago, and I found the problem with the 3 Bears. It appears to be fungus gnats from my Coco being wet for too long.

It's not just in the Three Bears pot either, I also noticed them in the Bubba Kush.

This is the first time I have had a bug problem while growing. Needless to say it's driving me crazy that I'm up this early and I have to wait for the grow store to open. My last grow went so smoothly that I didn't think things like this would ever be a problem. This one is going down in the books as another live and learn.

I did feel like growth was pretty slow this past week, and this could be why. Once this is treated, I will definitely be going back to only watering once a day, since a drier topsoil will not give them an environment to thrive in.

I'll be picking up some neem oil and sticky pads once the shop opens.

Next round I will be placing an inch or so of sand in the bottom and top of the pot to prevent fungus gnats from becoming a problem.

The pic is my runoff water. You should be able to see all the white specs floating around on top.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Mcubed476, Man, what a shame. Keeping your coco or soil damp-wet all the time, , is a welcome mat for bugs.
      Good Luck with your plants.
      I can't ever remember you having any bug problems before, you might also want to make sure that you have alot of air movement on your plants, along with your Neem Oil and sticky pads.
      That had to be a nightmare, finding them fukn bugs. GoodLuck Pal. I'm sure you will get them under control. Best of Luck

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas. I'm about to head to the shop to get what I need.

GM mcubed476 , have you tried gnatrol or mosquito bits? BTI is the common ingredient and it's safe for people. I've used gnatrol in the past and it's affordable too. Drench the medium per the instructions. Also, cover the top of the medium with diamotecous earth, sand or gnat nix. add yellow sticky traps to monitor how many fliers you still have. You will probably need several rounds of gnatrol every 7-10 days.
    4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Hey Sheesh, thanks for the suggestions! The guy at the shop recommended a product called Gognats, which is made with cedarwood and some other stuff. I did buy some sticky traps as well so hopefully I'll get these nipped in the bud before it becomes a problem.

I couldn't believe how many were there were when I first spotted them. After I used the Gognats on them
      yesterday, I could see them trying to jump ship. I only saw one adult gnat in there, so hopefully I didn't catch them too late.

For a soil drench method it recommends 2 fl. Oz per gallon of water. After doing conversions I realized I only gave them 1 fl. Oz. Hopefully it still does the job.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try the products you mentioned if this one doesn't cut it.

Morning Mcubed476, just wondering how your plants are doing after using GoGnats, I hope that takes care of your bug problems.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Morning Daas! So far they seem to be doing pretty well! The bubba kush has a few leaves that have some brown spots, but I'm only talking like 3 leaves out of hundreds lol. I assume it was from the gnats.

The 3 bears looks a lot better. The newer growth seems pretty healthy. The amnesia xxl seems to be doing good too.

I just did a second treatment yesterday, and since the first time I poured it I haven't seen any of the larvae. It seems to be working really well, so I'm still cautiously optimistic!

Your plants are looking great man. You need to ask nebula if you can change your username...dumb as a stick just doesn't fit ya because you clearly know what you are doing!

Have a great day daas, I think I'm off to bed now.

Hey everyone! Today is day:

79 for Bubba Kush
    48 for 3 Bears and Amnesia XXL
    12 for Devil Cream

Well...what a week it's been! I officially got my first case of bugs...fungus gnats. I only saw one adult gnat, but when I watered them one day, i noticed a ton of larvae crawling around on top of the coco. It was a horrible sight to see. I found them on all 3 of the bigger girls when I watered, but not the devil cream.

I went to the grow store and the guy recommended Gognats. I used a soil drench method and added it to my nutrient water. I used 2 doses 3 days apart from each other, and so far I haven't seen them since. I'm still obsessively watching them to make sure I catch them early if they do come back.

Bubba Kush is getting closer to the harvest window, but it still has a few white hairs and trichomes have little to no amber yet. She has quite a few yellow leaves now. I feel it's too far from the harvest window for them to be yellowing naturally, so I'm guessing that it's from the larvae. There may also be some light burn on some leaves because she is creeping into other plants areas, and their light is lower than the Bubba's.

The 3 bears has little budlets starting, but new growth seems to be a lighter shade of green. Possibly from the larvae, or magnesium defiency maybe.

The Amnesia XXL is looking really good, and one main branch was strong enough to pull the end stake out. She's a strong girl! I would also say she's my healthiest looking plant right now.

The Devil Cream is getting bigger, but I noticed a couple spots on her leaves today. She's really young, I'm not sure what type of deficiency or toxicity it would be. I did just up my nutes dosage, so it could be a toxicity of sorts.

I feel like this grow is taking foooorrrrreeeevvvveeerrrr, but I have had plants go up to 86 days before, and I'm not quite there yet. I'm just really excited to use my autotrimmer I guess lol.

​​​​​​​Have a great week everyone!

​​​
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL literally. Know the forevvverrrr feeling.
      Great looking. Buds on larger plant. Great plants period.
      Hang in there 😊

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika! I'm thinking by next week she will be ready! I may start flushing in a few days. Appreciate the kind words!

Good write up. FKN bugs, we all hate em. Your girls are all looking real good. Patience - after your first harvest the next won't be as much of a wait. What you have started must keep you busy - but all in a good way - it's a great hobby.
    Good thing you pay attention to your grow, had you let those bugs alone for a few days .........
    Great pics, nice color on your plants.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Optic 4 - 415w COB 18/6
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck! I make sure I check on my plants twice a day. I watered a few hours ago and still didn't see any, so things are still looking good!

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      mcubed476, You got your plants looking great man. Excellent job, so far with the bugs, Stay with them, like your doing, and you will be fine.
      Nice plants,

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas! I feel like I saw a few flying around, but it could be dog hair too. 2 huskies make for a hairy home lol. I have some sticky traps set up so I'll know eventually lol

86 for Bubba Kush
    55 for 3 Bears and Amnesia XXL
    19 for Devil Cream

Today was Harvest day for the Bubba! Woohoo! The Bubba was very comparable in size to the Blue Dream I got 5 oz off of, so I'm hoping it's just as much or more.

I got to use the auto trimmer today. What took me 7 hours last time took me an hour and a half! It took an hour to take the buds off the stem, and a half hour to put it all through the trimmer and clean everything up. I will say that I could have spun the buds in the trimmer more to get a closer cut than I did, but I didn't want to take the chance of losing bud. My nugs do have a little leaf as a result, but it will shrivel up into the bud when it's dry.

​​​​​
    The 3 Bears has made a great come back and is looking pretty healthy! Her nugs are starting to swell up a little. Her leaves are a far healthier looking color than the past couple weeks.

The Amnesia XXL is looking really good as well. She is finally starting to get what appear to be buds! It's interesting that these 2 strains keep passing each other in certain stages. The 3B was the first to sprout by a few days, but the Amnesia quickly outgrew the 3B. The 3B was the first to start getting buds, and while the Amnesia looks good, I was worried that it wasn't going to flower.

The Devil Cream got slightly lanky when she was younger, but is looking really good overall.

Next up on the grow list is Alien v Triangle. I'm just as excited to grow this as I have been with every strain so far.

Have a great week everyone!
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 05-21-2018, 10:14 AM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Great plants & images- delightful colors too. Congratulations!!!!!! Nice work😊

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas and Tika! Im excited to get smoking it!

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Just smoked some (still a little wet, but it burned in the bowl quite nicely!) and for no cure, let alone not being dry, it was pretty tasty! Almost had a cheese taste to it, and reminds me of the jock horror out of my first grow. Can't wait until it's all cured up!

BUBBA KUSH: 144g. Just over 5oz of some great bud! The taste is very cheesy and pungent with no cure, so I'm excited to smoke it when it is cured. Not as much as I thought it would be, but I'm very happy with the end result!

Bubba Kush from Humboldt seeds was a pleasure to grow. The nugs are decently dense, and the taste is great. I only had some yellowing leaves toward the end that started when the gnats showed up. I would highly recommend growing this strain.
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck and daas! I can't wait to smoke a joint of the bubba, I've just been packing bowls lol. I agree daas, normally my average is 2 oz a plant so far, but the blue dream and bubba blew that out of the water!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Wahoo!! Congratulations!🍾🎉🌟

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika! Congratulations yourself! Your stuff is looking great. Actually, everyone on this site has some great looking buds...it's almost like this site helps you to...dare I say...grow weed easy lol

Hey everyone! My tent is sadly a far cry from what it was last week. Here's the days for the girls:

Amnesia XXL - 62
    Devil Cream - 26
    Alien v Triangle - 4
    Trainwreck - 3

On Friday I noticed the 3 Bears had nanners starting, so with much chargrin I pulled her. Her nugs were looking really good too, so it was a very difficult thing to do. I planted a Sweet Trainwreck in it's place because it was a pretty quick producer, and I would like to cure this one right this time. I accidentally over dried it in my 2nd grow lol.

The Amnesia XXL is looking good, and the buds are starting to swell a bit. I haven't seen any nanners and I have been checking frequently.

The Devil Cream is looking okay. Like all of the red family I've grown, I'm getting some spots on the leaves. I already see some pistils on her, so that's a good sign!

The Alien v Triangle just popped today! The trainwreck needs a little bit longer.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Mcubed476, that's a bitch about the nanners, I was told that if you see one, that it's already to late for the other plants.Lol
      I hope that ain't right, But I'd keep a close eye on them just the same.
      Even if one does , I'd grow it all the way, a few seeds ain't gonna hurt nothin. They sure look nice and good luck.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I hope so too daas, but we shall find out! I hope your girls are doing well!

69 for Amnesia XXL
    33 for Devil Cream
    11 for Alien v Triangle
    10 for Trainwreck

Everything is running smoothly. I haven't noticed any gnats or bugs in there since.

The Amnesia XXL is looking really good, and no signs of any nanners.

The Devil Cream is going good as well. Just continuing to do some LST on her.

The Trainwreck and the Alien v Triangle are looking really good as well.

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I should mention the trainwreck is the far taller seedling, and the Alien v Triangle is the shorter one. I think I may try leaving that one to grow naturally because it is so short

mcubed476 ,Looking good, man.
    Is the bud picture the Amnesia?
    How much longer, do you think, for her?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      You are correct daas. The Amnesia XXL is the only one with buds in my grow currently. I would say another couple weeks at least. I will say that quite a few hairs are turning orange, but still have a lot to go. Yours are looking fantastic sir!

76 for Amnesia XXL
    40 for Devil Cream
    18 for Alien v Triangle
    17 for Trainwreck

Everything is continuing to run along smoothly for everyone!

The Amnesia is about 50/50 on the ratio of orange to white hairs, so she still has a little bit to go.

The Devil Cream is just starting to form her little budlets. There's a little bit of purple, but it's mainly green so far.

Both the trainwreck and the Alien v Triangle are looking really nice for what days they are at. I will mainline the trainwreck, but I may only top the Alien v Triangle. It's a really pretty plant, I almost want to just let it grow naturally.

Glad to have things back on track! Have a great week everyone!
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 06-11-2018, 07:42 AM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika! It was a difficult decision but I decided to top it, and I also chopped off the first node. Kind of like a half assed main line lol. She is looking really good though!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Bravo! Are you going to top any more?

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I think because the alien v triangle is so short that I will leave it at that. I'll definitely be doing some LST to her though!

83 for Amnesia XXL
    47 for Devil Cream
    25 for Alien v Triangle
    24 for Trainwreck

The Amnesia XXL is very close to harvest. I debated on taking it down today, but I think I might let it go another week. I believe I am at the very beginning of the harvest window right now.

The Devil Cream really shot up this week! We have purple nugs starting now, and the flower stretch is on! Sadly, I found fungus gnats larvae in my runoff water about 3-4 days ago. It was only in the Devil Cream, but I started with another round of Gognats for everyone.

I am letting all the pots dry out for 2 days before I water again, and when I do it will be with a second treatment of Gognats as well. The infestation doesn't seem to be nearly as bad this time. I haven't seen any crawling around on the surface. The Devil Cream also doesn't seem to be too damaged from them either.

The Alien v Triangle is looking really good. Instead of one mainline, I decided to leave 2 nodes on this one to see what happens.

The Trainwreck is looking really good as well!

Hopefully by next week I will no longer see any larvae coming out in my runoff. Have a great week everyone!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas! I'll probably take her down next week, but I want to today! I'm guessing around 3-4 off her. We will find out!

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      What a beautiful finish your going to have! Georgeoys plants as I have said before😜

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tika! I'm already excited for my next grow! 😂

Hey everyone! Harvest day came a little early due to recent knowledge of in laws coming this weekend, and possibly staying through the week. I decided to harvest now so I can get the smell out of the house before they arrive. All the other girls don't have much smell at all, so they are still good to grow.

Today is day 84 for the Amnesia XXL auto. A while back I decided I wasn't going to flush this one to see if it really does have a bad taste. I'll let you know when its dried!

Because I feel like I lost some weight from using the auto trimmer last time, I decided to do it a little differently this time around. I kept about a dozen top colas to hand trim, and the rest went to the autotrimmer. I didn't spin it nearly as much this time, and although there is more leaf on them, I feel like I kept nearly all my weight.

I'm hoping for 3.5-4 off this one, any more than that will just be a bonus! I think the Bubba Kush and the Amnesia XXL alone will be more weight than any of my previous harvests. If I get 3.5 off the Amnesia, that will put me at 8.5 off the 2 plants total, which is more than I've had in any harvest. If the 3 Bears would have made it through I would have crushed my previous grows.

Here's some pics from the harvest! Enjoy!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      mcubed476, brother, those look great, is all I can say, nice haul, in anybody's book.
      Can't wait to see your next grows.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Daas! I wish I could show you the true color of it! It has a bluish tint to it, and my camera just doesn't do it justice! I've thought about upgrading to a better camera, but I probably won't lol. I would love to do a timelapse, but those cameras seemed pretty expensive online lol.

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Great grow- great images!!!! Beautifully done. Love the trichomes- love kushes😜

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X