Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northern Lights Grow Journal

What's up GWE FOLKS?
    FINALLY finished my latest grow and got my Northern Lights Beans germinated. Planted 3 and so far 2 have sprouted, 3rd has popped but not yet poked through, hoping by at least tomorrow evening.

(GROW SPACE) 5ft.X 2ft.X 7ft. CLOSET GROW
    (LIGHTS) seedlings cfls / veg. 600watt mh/ flowering 600watt hps
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog potting soil for seedlings switching to Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (EXHAUST) 420 CFM INLINE FAN
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 / 6INCH Clip Fans
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

Hey there GWE FOLKS. I've started a grow journal for my Northern Lights and i hope im doing this right, never did a journal before. Anyway just wanted to give a shout to all my fellow growers and post my 2nd page of my journal.
    WEEK 1 from sprout

(NEW GROW)
    (GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
    (LIGHTS) Mh For seedlings & VEG
    Hps For FLOWER
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (EXHAUST) 420 Cfm Inline Fan Into Ceiling
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 - 6inch clip fans
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

Was using cfls for seedlings but wasn't getting good results, was told I was using the wrong type. I'm gonna to use them again for my next grow but going to use the recommended type I was told about the other night by a fellow grower, 23 watt daylight with 6500 k. I've used my mh light for all my seedlings thus far and am very familiar with the way to adjust for younger plants so shouldn't have any problems. I was using a 13 watt equivalent to 60 watt natural daylight with 6500k, I suppose the watts wasn't enough for them. Hope you all have a good grow. I've been reading on the website about the fertilizer sea weed kelp to help with heat stress, just wondering of any of you recommend this for seedlings and throughout the grow?
    Last edited by Trimmings426; 04-11-2018, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• KingKush
      KingKush commented
      Editing a comment
      Kelp extract is one of the best additions for any garden. It helps the plant resist stress and grow more vigorously.
      We are starting to apply it wholesale on the golf course, it is truly a great, cheap, naturally replenishing resource.
      Highly Recommended!

Looking good trim! Keep us posted..
    Current Grow:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ew-grower-here

Past threads:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...plant-training

Comment

Week 2

What's up GWE FOLKS? Starting week 2 on my new grow. Looking good so far, had a small hecup in the beginning but I think I got everything under control now, XFINGERS.
      I Transplanted to my final POTS today, could've transplanted to 1 SIZE up but I've always started in Pete Cups, went to solo cups,then as roots start to grow out drain holes in bottom of solo transplant to final pot, 3 gal. Fiber airation pot. First time using AIR POTS always been recommended. Anyway wanted to post my weekly pics and see how everyone is doing. Have a great grow. Oh and added Cali Magic and Clean Kelp by Bloom City to my nutrient shelf already using kelp but am waiting till start using nutes after ffof has used all of its own.

(LIGHTS) 600watt mh for VEG/600watt hps for flowering
      (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings/Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
      (EXHAUST) 420 cfm inline fan through ceiling
      (AIR MOVEMENT) 2-6 inch Clip Fans
      (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
      (POTS) 3 Gal. Fiber Airation Pots/Bags
      (STRAIN) Northern Lights Feminized

Last edited by Trimmings426; 04-11-2018, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Gotta love the Lights. Northern Lights is my sweet all around favourite strain. Great start on an amazing strain to work with. All my best for a great grow and massive harvest. Thanks for sharing.
        Current Grow:
        Northern Lights Xtreme and $100 OG
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Mars Hydro TS-3000 LED
        Hydroponic DWC
        GH Flora Trio - CalMag
        Hydroguard, PH down
        Perfect PH: Bud Candy, Big Bud & Flawless Finish

Comment

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the words

Looking great! Last pic looks like you might’ve had some heat stress but looks like you figured that out 👍
        48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
        600w mh/hps
        32”x32”x63” veg tent
        viparspectra PAR 450 led
        FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
        5 gallon Smart Pots
        Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
        Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Trimmings426
          Trimmings426 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, had to tweek it a little but think she's good now thanks

Week 3

What's up GWE FOLKS? Starting week 3 of my Northern Lights Grow and wanted to post my weekly pics. All my babies got to their 6th node by Friday so I topped them to the 3rd node I really wanted to do a manifold grow but since I have 3 plants I thought a LST would do better and I would have more room to work with. So I've begun to tie a few stems so for on 2 girls. From where I had the heat stress with one of 'em I cut those leaves off cause they had started to shrivel and die so she's to the 3rd node also but no leaves but one's coming from the bud site's. Thought about waiting till their stems get a bit longer but had to separate them from bunching up to give all site's some light. Over all all my babies are looking very nice. But as we do here at GWE I would like some feed back on what y'all think about them and if their are any suggestions I'm all for it. Hope you all have a great grow, until next time.

(LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings 23watt soft white
        MH for VEG
        HPS for FLOWERING
        Fox Farm Ocean Forest for transplant
        (AIR MOVEMENT) 2 - 6 inch Clip Fans
        (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
        (STRAIN) NORTHERN LIGHTS FEMINIZED (3)

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good. Love Northern lights😊

Week 4 Northern Lights Feminized Grow

How's is everyone today? Hope all had a great 4.20. Wanted to stop by and post my weekly pics for my grow journal for everyone at GWE. Had a small problem with one of my girls last few days but with the help of a few fellow growers I think they helped me figure it out so wanted to say thanks to Doc. Strainsgrow, and Campesino. MY girls are looking really nice and checked today at the tips and discovered they all are definitely female, all have the preflower. Anyway till next time have a great grow.

(LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings
        600 watt mh for veg. 600 watt hps for flowering
        (EXHAUST) 6inch 420 cfm inline fan through ceiling
        (HUMIDITY CONTROL) 1 gal. Warm Mist Humidifier
        (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
        (NUTRIENTS) Clean Kelp Seaweed Extract
        Calimagic

Comment

Week 5
          How's it going GWE? Wanted to take a minute and post on ,y grow journal this week.
          My ladies are starting on week 5 today and they ate sexy lol. Started feeding with nutes 2 days ago.
          Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio, 1/4 tsp. Big Bloom, 1/4 tsp. Grow Big, 5ml. Clean Kelp, 5ml. CaliMagic.
          Runoff 6.3 - 6.5. Got some pics to post for this week as well. Everyone have a good week.

600watt mh for VEG
          600watt hps for flowering
          (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
          (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
          (STRAIN) Northern Lights Feminized X 3

Comment

Looking good trim very health plants, how long until you flip to flowering?
            Current Grow:

Past threads:

Comment

• Trimmings426
              Trimmings426 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe another week or two did a little super cropping to one in front tonight trying to get the middle canopy to catch up from using the LST. Got the two bottom stems bent straight out and got a few lower small stems growing straight up from them. If all works out like I've worked and trained them I should have around 15-18 colas on each plant. The one on the left started out a little sickly from the start and I've got her flipped back good now but probably only gonna have round 8 colas on her but I'm still happy with that as well considering I thought I would lose her in the beginning. I kept 2 Lights and ready to order a few skunk seeds soon, I would like to breed a AFGHAN Skunk with one of the Northern Lights, maybe I don't know yet . For my next grow I'm gonna use Nebula's MANIFOLD METHOD. That should be fun.

They are looking good and you're doing a wonderful job keep on track.
            Current Grow:

Past threads:

Comment

They look very nice , I look forward to seeing them
              at harvest . How do you like growing the northern light?
              DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                MY first time with the Lights,and so far we are getting along great. This is altogether my 4th grow but until now only bag seed and usually only decent gonna try a skunk strain for my next grow.
                Last edited by Trimmings426; 05-05-2018, 04:04 AM.

Week 6

What's up GWE? POSTING my weekly updates for my journal. I'm just now starting week 6 of my Northern Lights Grow and they are looking great. However #2 is taking off getting slightly taller than 1and 3 might have to tie down more or possibly do a little super cropping to equal out the height. I lollipops #1 and 3 a couple days ago and think I may have taken to much off so I've kept them in VEG a bit longer than I was going to, to see if they might grow back a bit but as wide as they are getting I'm going to have to do the switch very soon. I was going to switch them yesterday but like I said. I can probably hold out till next Tuesday but no longer. I've got my weekly pics for you all to check out and maybe I could get a little feedback on the lollipops I done. Thank you all for the words of encouragement through out and with my last grow appreciated.

(LIGHTS)Cfls for seedlings
              600watt mh for VEG
              600watt hps for Flowering
              (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline EXHAUST fan 420 cfm through ceiling
              (AIR MOVEMENT) 2-6inch clip on fans
              (REFLECT) Panda Plastic

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Trim, I think your plans look good. I personally wait until week 3 of flowering to lollipop so some of the stretches is over with, gives a better gauge. Happy growing

• Trimmings426
                Trimmings426 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your input Mr. Furley, I'll do mine like that on my next grow. That's a good idea, I didn't think about that I've always read and heard to lollipop just before the switch, but that ,makes sense to wait till after the stretch thanks.

Week 7 Northern Lights Grow Journal
              Starting week 7 on my current grow, Northern Lights. Switched to flowering this past Saturday 5/12/18. Things are going as planned thus far, only as I'm checking the runoff for pH level on Sunday I hit a low point with plant 3, for the FOLKS that have been following my grow, she is the one that I've had issues with from day one. I finally got her on track for the past 3 weeks or so and now she's putting that hand up in my face again to talk to. She has been a case this entire grow. So on my next feeding it will be a nutes feeding and I'll use some pH up and take it to 7.5 or 8.0. Oh by the way the runoff for her was arou d 5.0-5.5 in that area. I need to get a digital pH meter to be accurate I guess, currently I am using General Hydroponics test liquid with the color code pH readings but this one has some of the best feed back from people.Before I post my weekly pics, I just watered my #2 girl so she is droopi g a bit but no worries in a few hours she'll be bright and perky.
              Till next week, hope you all have a good grow.

600 watt Mh For VEG
              600 watt HPS for FLOWERING
              (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan 420 cfm
              (AIR MOVEMENT) 2-6INCH CLIP FANS
              (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
              (STRAIN) NORTHERN LIGHTS FEMINIZED X 3

Comment

• DankwingDuck
                DankwingDuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that pretty Much the stuff to use unless your making your own super soil . A little pricey tho . So best to find a place to buy it locally because you add shipping onto the price and it gets up there quick .

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good trim, do you have anymore plant risers or do two have to share?

Week 8 Northern Lights Grow X 3

How's everyone doing? Almost Memorial Day Weekend. What's everyone's plans, like I got to ask .
              Well I'm starting week 8 of my NL Grow and they are still looking nice. I want to thank you who have helped and showed your interest in my grow, it means lots to me. Anyway, #3 was starting to look sickly and her pH was low around 5.0 and I tried to raise it back up over the past couple weeks with no luck so last night I flushed her. All 3 are in 3 gal. Grow bags so I slowly flushed her pot with 4 Gallons of 6.5 pH water, and watered #2 with regular water 6.5 pH not time for #2 to be fed yet. Now when I got home from work this evening I checked them out and all 3 look really nice even #3 looks a lot less stressed now so I assume e the flush worked. I figured since the flush she would be drooping some from the heavy watering but she was really perky. I'll post my weekly pics for you to see as well. The next feeding will be a nutes feeding. I also ordered a digital pH meter and it came today, never used one of these before so hope it's a good investment. I just want to know the exact pH of feedings going in and coming out think it will help a lot. Noticed the RH is pretty high at night after the grow lights go off like in the upper 60s got a good dehumidifier I going to put in my grow ROOM and allow the intake from exhaust system pull the lower RH in from my grow ROOM into my grow area, was reading on how to control high RH using the exhaust system. Dehumidifier is to big to put in my grow area so I'll have to tweek it from the grow ROOM. Anyway just wanted to say hi and show you a pic or 6. Hope you all have a great weekend, good growing.

600watt mh for VEG
              600watt hps for Flowering
              (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan 420 cfm through ceiling
              (AIR MOVEMENT) 1 -12 inch oscillating fan
              (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
              (STRAIN) NORTHERN LIGHTS FEMINIZED X 3

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X