Northern Lights Grow Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 9 Northern Lights Grow

What's up GWE? Hope all are having a good Memorial Day. Wanted to stop by and post the weekly update with everyone. I had to do a little super cropping to equal out the height. #2 was getting around 1&1/2 - 2 inches taller than 1&3 so S.C.'ed the tallest colas. Other than that everything is looking great. MY#2 girl has exploded past my other 2 girls and I haven't did anything different to her than the others but she is twice their size height and girth she's pretty. I also bought one of the soil pH testing kits by Luster Leaf checked all 3 POTS and came back 6.5, 6.7 on all three runoff reads the same. If things go as good as they are now I should have a really nice harvest. I've also begun running my dehumidifier when the Lights go off of a night. The RH level was rising up past the mid 60's so I keep the RH of the grow ROOM at 45% while running the exhaust fan in the grow area to keep the RH in the area at a good 43-47%. During the day as the lights are on the RH remains around 35% and the site says during the flowering stage the RH should stay between 40 and 50%. Got the weekly pics to post and #2 is droopy right now because I recently watered her with in the last hour or so. Hope you all have a good day as for me today is my last day off got to go back to work tomorrow. Best to all.

(GROW SPACE) CLOSET GROW 2FT.X 5FT.X 7FT
    (LIGHTS) CFLS for seedlings
    600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for Flowering
    (MEDIUM) Fox Farm Happy Frog for seedlings
    Fox Farm Ocean Forest for trans plant
    (POTS) 3 Gal. Airation Fabric Pots
    (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan 420 cfm through ceiling
    (AIR MOVEMENT) 1-12 inch Oscillating fan
    (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
    (STRAIN) NORTHERN LIGHTS FEMINIZED X3

Comment

WEEK 9 Northern Lights Grow

I'm a day late POSTING my weekly journal entry. Had to feed my girls last night and wanted to wait till today to post so as to let them be at the height of their feeding. I have did the final lollipop on #1 & #2, don't think I'm going to trim nothing more from #3 as she is still showing signs of what the fuck ever,lol. Saturday started their 3rd week in flowering and they are looking good. If things go as good as they are at this point I should have a nice harvest but that's still weeks away.

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
      (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings
      600watt MH for VEG
      600watt HPS for FLOWERING
      (POTS) 3gal.Fiber Pots For Airation
      (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio }PER GAL.{
      Big Bloom 1/2 strength 5.5ml
      Grow Big 1/2 strength 5 ml
      Tiger Bloom 1/2 strength 5 ml
      Clean Kelp BY BLOOM CITY inc. 5ml for VEG/ 10 ml for FLOWERING
      CaliMagic By General Hydroponics 5ml For Entire Grow
      (EXHAUST) 420 cfm Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling
      (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
      (STRAIN) NORTHERN LIGHTS FEMINIZED X3

Comment

Beautiful work. Great images of your clean environment...love the buds...I think you'll find Northern lights great provider🤓
        Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
        Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
        GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
        photoperiod feminized seeds
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
        http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Beautiful! I'm doing a Northern Lights outdoors this summer. 4.5 feet & rising at 7 weeks. Yours are gorgeous.
          If the sun always shone
          How soon the tree would wither
          -- Confucius

Comment

Week 9 Northern Lights Grow
            Week 4 Flowering

(GROW SPACE) Closet Grow 2ft.X 5ft.X 7ft
            (LIGHTS) Cfls for seedlings
            600watt mh for VEG 600watt hps for flowering
            (NUTRIENTS) Fox Farm Organic Soil Trio
            1. Big Bloom, 2. Grow Big, 3. Tiger Bloom
            Bloom City Inc.
            1. Clean Kelp Seaweed Extract
            General Hydroponics Inc.
            1. CaliMagic
            (POTS) 3 Gal. Fabric Pots/ Airation
            (AIR MOVEMENT) 1- 12 Inch Oscillating Fan
            (EXHAUST) 6inch Inline Exhaust Fan Through Ceiling 420 cfm
            (REFLECT) Panda Plastic
            (STRAIN) Northern Lights Feminized X 3

Comment

• Tika
              Tika commented
              Editing a comment
              Indeed Beautiful. great work: clean, to scale, eager for your next coming pics.
              😎

Beautiful!
            If the sun always shone
            How soon the tree would wither
            -- Confucius

Comment

I do got a ? My 600 watt HPS is about 15 16 inches away from my top colas my lux reading is averaging between all top of canopy from 525 to 900. 525 around outside perimeter and 900 in the mid areas I go by lux and not how close my lights are but for the best flowering what should I be reading more than or less than what my readings are?

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes go by your meter and temperature 60,000-80,000 lux 72ish f. at top of the canopy.

Week 10 Northern Lights Grow Journal

Week 5 Flowering, getting close. I'm beginning to see red hairs mixed with white now, gonna start checking out the tricolmes around week 7. MY research says that Northern Lights is a 7 to 9 week flowering plant so week 7 I'll start looking at their colmes. Already got my next grow ready. Done got my beans and just awaiting the Lights Harvest. Gonna try Original Skunk. Did some research on my next strain and she is a hybrid with 3 different genetics, Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold, and Afghani. I'm super excited about my next grow and very happy with my present Lights Grow. Got a few pics for you. Hope everyone has a good grow day.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                beautiful big dense colas (:

WEEK 10 / WEEK 6 FLOWERING
              Hey GWE FOLKS. How's things going? Before I start my week
              ply post tonight I wanted to apologize, I have some where along the time line got my grow weeks confused. I was checking my journal before I started tonight and realized the dates were off from the grow week. MY girls are actually starting their 10th week of growing from 1at day of sprout and Saturday started their 6th week I to Flowering from the day of the light cycle switch.

Just fed #2 on the right tonight, she was a tad thirsty little droopy when I got home from work so I rushed and mixed up the proper mixture, pH checked and fed her. She looks better now just half hour later. Starting to show signs of harvest time some leaves are beginning to yellow some, and looking at the colmes starting to see lots of milky with some still clear and a very few amber. They are predominantly indica though. On the web site I was reading that Nebula allows about 20% of her colmes on her indica to amber. Still have a lot of white pistils though. Doing research on the Lights found that the flowering time co as in at about 7 to 9 weeks. I'm in the middle of week 6 now so want be long. Gonna try and let them go the full 9 if possible less I just have to cutem. They are all 3 looking really good, I'm proud of this grow and looking forward to my next grow, Original Skunk #1. Got some new pics to post and I'll talk to y'all next time. Have a great grow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180612_213641.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	219852

Comment

Week 11 (Week 7 Flowering)
                What's up GWE? I'm a couple days late getting my weekly update and pics out, I usually do it on Tuesday.
                Well Saturday started my 7th week of flowering for my girls and they are looking nice getting fatter every day. Think I'm gonna have a nice harvest from them. Sunday I began the harvest flush and gonna keep flushing for about a week and half maybe 2 weeks. My reading and the knowledge some of you have bestowed upon me about my Lights strain bout her flowering time line of 7-9 weeks thought week 7 since their pistils are still mostly white and only a few red with lots of milky tricolmes but some still clear, week 7 seemed a good time to start the harvest flush. They should be good and ready by the 8th week of flowering or maybe go all the way to the 9th week. But all three are seeming to get fatter every day and looking damn nice you should see the glitter on these gals it's unreal. Got my weekly pics for you but will have to wait till tomorrow to get them out, my lights have already turned off for the days cycle. Got back late tonight. Hope you all had a great 4th and everyone stayed

Views:	497
ID:	223591

Comment

• Greenlivin
                  Greenlivin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Picture perfect

• BU2B
                  BU2B commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very nice job. They’re beautiful, you should be proud.

(WEEK 7 FLOWERING)
                Started week 7 of flowering this past Saturday. Had to get some insight from my fellow growers here about the flowering time line but got it sorted out now, thanks GWE.
                Ok last night I chopped my smallest girl started seeing pat he's of amber tricolmes so went ahead and took her down. Got some pics for you of the trimmed flowers.
                Still have a week or possibly 2 for #1&2.
                And this has really got me aggravated, but as I am trimming I found a few seeds on the lower portion of the colas. I made sure their were no light leaks they weren't stressed and checked everything precisely every time. I don't know what I did wrong this grow, only good thing about this is I've now got some more Northern Lights Feminized Seeds for later on. Thinking bout growing 2 or 3 out doors next season but for my next inside grow I'm doing Original Skunk #1.
                What do y'all think happened or what could have made the Feminized Plants to of produced seeds?
                Ok thanks for all your input and comments this grow session and looking forward to the upcoming grow journal. You all have a great day and grow.

Views:	501
ID:	225042

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was it the plant you have had a tough time with through the grow?
                  Congratulations on your Harvest.

• Trimmings426
                  Trimmings426 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes it was and I also checked constantly for the dreaded nanners and none had any but hoping none of the others have seeds but since she did I'd say they probably do (damn it)

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is not uncommon to not see nanners and get seeds, by the time you have seen one it's to late. Nevertheless I thing you can caulk it up to whatever stress it went through. Have you checked the other plants for nanners? I wouldn't lose sleep over it because hey its free seeds.

Northern Lights Grow Journal Ending
                Hey growers, how's it growing?
                Wanted to drop by and put the last post and pics for my previous journal entry. Got the pics of my final yield jarred.
                After the little bastards spider mites screwed me over side ways my final y eild was a bit disappointing, but at least I didn't lose my entire grow, this time I will have NO ASSUMPTIONS and check it out more thoughrly.
                Anyway here it is, final yield was 6 oz's total bout 2 oz's per plant.

Comment

Hey, howz it? I have started to grow the same myself. 1st grow! Wife wanted Northern Lights. Was really good to see your plants to see what to expect.

Comment

• Trimmings426
                    Trimmings426 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry I'm just seeing your post and by the way, welcome to the family Hap. To answer your ? yes its pretty decent a really nice Mid with a shot of CBD to inhance your relaxation. Its a good smoke but as I said its a nice mid. If you take really good care of her she'll give back in yeild but whatever you do don't harvest to early. The one thing I learned from her is you can't go by the breeders flowering period, the breeders flowering period is well, based on a perfect enviroment and over all a close to perfect grow so what ever the breeders flowering period states you should add a week or possibly 2 weeks on to it. Something else to consider is don't count the day you switch to a 12/12 light schedule as the first day of flowering, don't start counting flowering days until you begin to see the tiny buds forming. You may know all this already I'm just trying to instill a couple things I learned the hard way on my first good genetics grow. The Northern Lights was my first good strain grow, until her I had about 3 grows with bagseed and bagseed and good genetics are 2 totally different things if you ask me. Hope this helps and Happy Growing. And remember the only stupid ? is the one that wasn't asked. You are with a group of good people and everyone here is happy to help with problems you just have to reach out. Have a good night.

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another great answer from Trimmings426

• RagWeedDWC
                    RagWeedDWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly why I started coming here is for tidbits of info "bagseed and good genetics are 2 totally different things if you ask me" could not agree more, this is my first non bag grow and the diff is night and day. Did not realize when to start the flower date countdown. Makes perfect sense and explains away a lot of my confusion on the subject. Hats off.

That's no problem . Thanks for the reply. It says an 8 week flowering period but was wondering how strict a time that was. I can see with LST and getting the plant to the right point before flowering can be more important than following a time schedule. Im in week 5. I will be posting some pics on my timeline, well I'll leave one here. This is from last night. Everyone has been a great help and look forward to future help

Comment

• Trimmings426
                    Trimmings426 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking nice and healthy good green color remember as she starts to out grow some of her colas to bend those stems and try to keep her as level as possible. Doing good

If your mad about nanners I wouldn’t try growing those nanner seeds they are more likely to produce nanner them selves. Am I wrong fellows GWE growers?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X