No announcement yet.

Chefbjy's 2nd Grow - FFOF Soil with 1000W HPS and bag seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 30ish of the bag seed triathlon out of soil. Took awhile for roots to start filling out the 10gallon fabric pot. Seems like it's finally starting to pick up pace though. Temps have been much cooler then expected and think it's heeding photosynthesis. But I went ahead and topped the fourth node at the third. Looks like I'll be vegging this one for another 4 weeks just to make sure I fill enough of my space. Training with lst now. Hopefully it makes some headway soon.

Had a couple seedlings behind this gg plant that had aphids or mites on them. I put them outside and started spraying neem oil all over. Went to the grow shop and got some Azamax just in case and sprinkled some diatomaceous earth all over. Haven't seen any signs of the buggers any where else. Fingers crossed bugs will stay away. So far so good 3 days after noticing them.

One of my flowering plants seems to be dealing with a deficiency. Might be lockout with my ec so high 2.4, ph is good but something is going on. I just recently lowered my calmag so not sure if it is a lockout or just a demand for more. With close to 4weeks to go I'm a little concerned leaving them with my roomie, she's not all there. Going to have another friend stop by and make sure she's doing a good job. Worried about this harvest for sure. With the mothers of these clones all producing seeds and no idea how it happened. But it did happen, and right about this time of flowering I believe. So it's got me on edge. Can't wait to get back already and haven't even left yet. Getting a couple new timers for heaters and ac. The flower room is still cold at night and the shop is even cooler. If mother nature would stop messing around and decide what season it is I wouldn't have such a big checklist for my baby sitter lol.

Leaving in 2 weeks and hoping I can get everything situated for minimal care. I'm not as worried about veg as I am about flower. But when I get back I'll be starting a new grow and journal whilst trying to finish the bagseed triathlon. Happy growing all!!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      When do you leave and how long are you gone?
      I think the young girls look good and doubt they'd need another 4 weeks, but I suppose that depends on what kind of monsters you want them to become!
      You haven't yet flushed the flowering girls with a flushing agent, right? I think that may be the next course of action... Those salts are coming from somewhere and better to reset and start over. Especially if they are now showing signs of potential lock-out. Do they have tip burn?
      That said, I think the colas look great

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Campesino I'll be gone for 3 days. I'm going by 8-9 week flowering time like the mother plants. Gave an extra week since transition was slow. Leaving Memorial day weekend 27 back 30th. Leaving me a week or 2 to determine exact harvest time.
      I haven't flushed yet and that was my thought as well. Little tip burn but not bad. May be a slight root problem some tips are feeling dry and curled in. Seems to be the closest to the light though 14inches and I can't raise it anymore. Most of the top colas I tried to move out from directly underneath. Only so much room to work with because of fans and don't want to get wind burn either.
      Seriously just thinking of moving them out to the shop before I go and move my veg room. So I'll have to move the ac too. This got crazy fast. The shop won't leave as much for the sitter to do so I'm in a pickle. I haven't made the shop light tight yet and I have only so much time to get it together. Having to save money for my trip has my resources limited.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you meant veg for another 4 weeks. And yes it's a single plant with one clone so I want a monster πŸ˜‰. I have plenty of room for it in the shop.

I forgot to mention that the fantastic 4 are getting top heavy and 2 plants had to have extra supports in the soil because the roots are being pulled out by the weight. Need some tent stakes lol. I did the best I could for them hopefully it holds till the end.

Comment

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      ^^
      This is a really good problem to have!

OK, yes - I'd say flush'em (florakleen, Sledgehammer, or Flawless Finish) and get'em running right before you leave town. FWIW, I like Sledgehammer if you have to buy something... I already have Florakleen, but will switch to sledgehammer when out.

If the shop makes it simpler for the sitter that's what I'd try to do...

I was talking about veg time for the young one... Forgot there was only the one... Sounds good

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes just one. Might do a 4x4 scrog in there but haven't sexed so haven't decided. I've seen some tall ones before think I might be able to do it a couple feet off the ground. So not in a rush to get it done plus the scrog tutorial says they work best with 8 week veg. I've cut everything below the 4th node already so can't really follow the complete tutorial.
      Last edited by Chefbjy; 05-11-2018, 07:09 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct.

Here's an example of some tall ones. The best scrog video ever. I have the room to do one plant like this but I'm thinking this was a longer veg then 8 weeks but idk πŸ˜†. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhcMaygJH0g

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      well that video certainly makes me feel a little better ,my scrog is set at 32 inches from the floor so I know i'll be alright thanks

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha yeah those are like 4-5 feet off the ground those plants must have been super tall in the end.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've already have plants that are over a foot wrapped in it

Well looks like I have some preflowers appearing going into wk5. Seems a little early but think I'll be able to confirm in another week. That's good I don't have to flip it before sexing it. If anyone has better eyes and experience with males that can tell me if it is male? But still think it's too early to tell. Broke one of my mains and it doesn't look like my tape job is working so no scrog for me. Just going to try to get as many tops as I can now might do a trellis. Anywho HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Comment

Lol watering the flower bed today. Found this little thing growing. No germination just popped a few in the ground for shits and giggles. Had to giggle when I saw this.

Comment

This is the leaf curl I was talking about. Some other leaf symptoms as well as you see in the yellowing above. Not sure if it's a phenotype since the mothers didn't show this. But some of them feel dry and I'm not sure if I'm getting an accurate reading on my ec pen with all the salt on the outside of pots. So going to flush and start over. A couple plants look like the bud stopped getting fat so hope this alleviates that. Going to try to get a sample as soon as run off appears see if it has a different reading.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I think the curling is from struggling to get water due to high ec. Agree with plan. Staying tuned for run off numbers

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my thought. I was messaging you when you commented πŸ˜†.

37 days out of soil I believe and cool temps have slowed down growth. I had to cut a main that seemed to also be slowing growth it was spending energy into repairing my break. Nothing was really progressing and it wasn't healing well. With the cool temps which is a blessing for my flower room aren't helping with this veg.Went to water and no sign of shock, infact it was thanking me with all the leaves raised up and perky.

Found a little green spider roaming around my soil, there's quite a few spiders out there actually. I'll take it as a good sign to keep pest populations in order. Can't wait till they finally clear out the other side of my shop to make my other journal updates.

Growth tips are getting big on lower canopy and I probably should be running a heater on thermostat set for 75f maintaining 70f with my mylar blanket and light when it's like 51f outside atm. Was looking at 87f on Sunday and low of 69f. Wtf? Not sure what mother nature has in-store for us here when I go to visit the dry hot desert. Still concerned about leaving in the final weeks of harvest time. But know the shop will be fine if temps get hot as 87f.

Gg chugging along, thought I'd be able to sex those preflowers by now but they haven't shown any true sign of sex. Could have a leaf test and skip this process so I'd know if I should pull the plug. My wife's cousin said he'd take it off my hands if it was male. I told him he can't come around my grows anymore. He likes making his own pollen/seed banks. Stay away from my house when you mess with males, and take a shower before you drive by.

Was planning on flipping when the rest of the shop gets cleared out. Gives them 2-3 weeks to get it done, think I've been nice enough after 2 years free storage and that should be plenty of time. Get your own gdamn storage. I'll be planning on moving in the next year or 2 and won't tell anyone where I live lol. Anyways happy growing all!
        Last edited by Chefbjy; 05-16-2018, 05:05 PM. Reason: Readability

Comment

Enough to last till next cure so decided to make my own extract. Using my wife's hair straightener, some parchment paper and brute force I squeezed about .5 grams from 3.5g of a mix of nice nugs. Have to say easy and pure might not get the most thc out of it. But the taste is smooth and the high is cerebral. Kind of an uplifting buzz followed by a permagrin, didn't even notice I was smiling. Roomie asks me what's so funny? I said nothing I'm high af πŸ˜†.

Don't know if anyone has ever tried this but I'm satisfied. Going to lace up a doobie later see if the wife wants to try. My buddy makes bho so going to see what he thinks. I'd recommend trying this at home with a nice size nug if you like extracts. I like fusing it with my mj and rolling it up for a nice heavy high.

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ballsy chef ballsy

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I might want to try this myself, wonder how much a hair straightener is if I need to replace it. Lol

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends what kind it is lol. I used her cheap one not the $75 one.

Well I'm chalking this up to bad genetics. Tent has become a banana factory. Going to just harvest what is there hopefully not encountering as many seeds this time. Might be a bit of a racey high since trichs are still in between glassy and milky. I know they will just start producing seeds now and stop working on bud. And there's an abundance of naners so no point in continuing.

I'm done growing bag seeds after I sex the gg in the shop. Now I won't have to worry when I go on vacay I guess is the bright side to this. So my story is winding down and there's a few things I will change on my next grow. Main thing being grow femenised or auto seeds.

Medium review I give 3 out of 5 stars. Ffof might be better to amend holes for outdoor use but I'm not sold on it being good quality for an indoor grow. Starting with something that doesn't have a lot of added stuff if I were to use soil. Just so I have a better understanding of what my feed schedule should be. And what the plant is actually eating. Running a 4.0 ec in fresh soil with plain water is crazy ppm 3k +. Idk how it's getting any water but know it still has plenty of nutrition.

Other manifolds will be in my future because it's a great control method and seen evidence enough of it being able to produce significant size colas. Next time I will not defoliate as heavy after flip and only prune for airflow and light reasons.

Other then that I liked how this grow started and only disappointed that I didn't have good genetics. Going to use a different medium and maybe a new nute line up side by side comparison next grow. Using gh maxi series and Vegamatrix in a side by side of vermicrops coconot and coco grows. Here's some final pics of the 5 plants I'm pulling next week and the naners with a seed in it. If the gg is male I will be wrapping this up with cure results.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Locrian99 /cough/ coco

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            I likely will go give coco a try, I think to really try it though I’ll have to set up an auto system. I don’t foresee me having time to water multiple times a day consistently for years, 16 1/2 at this point. Lol

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh absolutely. It has become crazy simple since I installed the drip system. It runs itself, I just got to keep the tank (half) full. Plants love it.
            I think it really should be standard equipment for a coco grow. And with it, Coco is probably one of the easiest grow mediums in terms of workload

Well going to cut the flowers down tomorrow. Probably going to just hang them in the tent and keep the pollen somewhat contained. I just know this is going to be a messy clean up. Bananas everywhere and feel like my entire home has been contaminated. Any thoughts on how to decontaminate an entire home? Some alcohol solution all over carpets and walls? Don't want to bleach my carpet. What about an air purifier? I'm at a loss and will be taking a break from growing till I can get this mess dealt with properly. Really paranoid to pollinate anything else including the gg in the shop.

How long will the pollen be viable after I take everything down? Not planning on doing anything till I can figure this out and I am staying away from the room while I check the gg. Matter of fact I showered before I went in each time and I misted the plant down with phd water. Since it seems like it's starting to show preflowers I'm not convinced that it's safe to tend to it after I've been in the house. But even sure it will be female and these preflowers kind of just look like extra leaves.

I'm about to dispose of the gg because I'm just so unsure of how much pollen has been distributed in my home and afraid the damage will be done regardless. Plus the preflowers have me a bit concerned since they don't look like they've decided to be either sex. It's exploding with growth since I 've been keeping it a little warmer out there. New tops everywhere thinking of topping a couple on the main that is left. 4th node is doing well and the growth tips from topping are getting big. Still feel I'm wasting my time. Maybe someone has better eyes then me but these preflowers are odd and any thoughts are appreciated.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel for you @Chefbjy
            I don't really have any advice re pollen, but I wouldn't give up on the gg yet - not much to lose. "Preflowers" are leafy... curious to see what "she" does.

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Camp pretty bummed out but it was inevitable. The moms hermed on me so knew it was going to be dicey. Did what I could and can't put my finger on a stress factor. Been looking all morning about preflowers and in the back of my mind I'm telling myself it's male. Thinking about flipping just to see what happens.

5 plants taken down a couple weeks early really wish I didn't get the naners. Trichs look pretty decent. We'll see after cure sets in. Would have had some long fat colas if they didn't pollinate. πŸ˜₯.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Campesino. They would have been bigger in a couple weeks if they didn't start working on seeds. I hope the high is good too, they sure smell alot better then the mothers. When I was trimming I was picking out chiquita and thought about making fruit salad rofl.

• MCD500
            MCD500 commented
            Editing a comment
            In your 4th photo are you drying and growing in the same tent? If so how about the light exposure to the drying buds?

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            MCD500 No I took them all down that pic was just before I took the last of them down.

Lol I must be glutting for punishment. I planted seeds from my 1st harvest all around my yard. They're coming along.... Didn't amend holes so they will just get watered. I put some of the soil from the pots of the clones I harvested around them but that's all they're getting besides water.

Going to pull them if I sex them but just going to let them do their things... Topping will be the only training done. Pesticides include neem oil, spinosad, soap and oil alcohol solution.

Don't know if they'll be female or herm on me in September-October. Don't know how well they'll grow if they will even make it. Because I can't really protect them from any harsh weather i.e. rain wind too much sun heat etc. So they're on their own really. Watering with my sprinkler system and no real interaction will be made aside from topping and sexing.

Taking more measures in the home to prevent pollination. Spraying and wiping. Spraying vacuum wipe spray wipe spray. Vacuum spray wipe. Lol getting an ionizer for 2 rooms and going to take extra care with growing female genetics inside. Complete other side of the house with a tree and the home itself keeping any wind swept crap at bay. Maybe they'll just get eaten or die and I won't have to worry. Not going to defend against varmits far be it from me to deny them of a scrumptious meal lol. My dog is pretty good at chasing them away though.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            LMAO
            You must enjoy heartbreak! I mean come on... You are already falling in love with them... Admit it
            They are going to be herming right as we are flipping in the challenge!

I love it though! I would absolutely throw some bag seeds I have in the ground... if I had any ground (I do have bag seeds and I actually don't think they'll herm)
            Rooting for you

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I like seeds more lmao. I see a plump nice seed and say hmmm wonder how this one will do. Wonder if it will be female...wonder if I made my own femenised strain by accident... Plus I like watching them grow up. Idk guees it's a bit of an obsession. My wife wants me to do silver on some fems and try to make my own with some nice crosses in mind. But I told her that can take years and I can't take care of that many plants...legally anyway.

Well I read somewhere that hermie seeds should be female. I'm not going to touch or inspect them if they make it till then. Going to have a friend come over and do that.

I might just have to move them to his house in some properly amended holes. I don't really want them around but I do love growing mj. I'm going to take steps and precautions before even opening my new tent lol. But they might get the axe just to ease my paranoia.

Comment

Day 42 short little plant just busy bushing out. Topped the main around the 4th node can't remember now but it was topped again πŸ˜† stoner moment.

Still haven't been able to sex. Think I got some abnormal leaf growing where there should be a preflower. But read this may be a sign of a male because pods will unfurl from the leaves. Is that always true NebulaHaze ??

Overall looking really healthy. Still dealing with some high ec levels and ppm is a little high. Will increase run off with plain well water next watering. Which averages 74ppm and .2ec. But not overly concerned since there's no signs of burn or deficiency.

Temps are good hasn't been above 70f here so still running a space heater to keep an average of 76f lights out I can't check so I'll put a sensor in there so I can read it from inside my house. And going to install security cam when I flip. Figure out how to do some time lapses πŸ˜‰.

Going to suck if it turns out to be male, but I haven't been using a lot of nutes, just out the cost of electricity if it is. Plus a small amount of time but not like I'm busy doing anything else πŸ˜†. Have some more of the same bag seeds that my wife wants me to harvest pollen from if any turn out to be male. She loves her gg and wants some crosses from that strain specifically. I told her I'll experiment with it after I harvest my fems, sometime next year. Should make for an interesting journal.

Any way still trying to wrap this one up. Got another day or 2 of hanging before I jar the clones up. They're sticky and think it will be some good smoke without a bunch of seeds. Man I hate cleaning this harvest, but it gets me ripped πŸ˜†.

Going to have someone else burp my jars while I'm away on vacay. I hope I don't come back to moldy jars. But I have to go to my son's graduation I might not see him again for a long time and its a once in a lifetime thing. I can always grow more pot but going to make sure my roomie cracks the jars for 20min a day and if it's too dry I have some stems and a ton of trim I can throw in. I must have gotten 4oz of trim and small oopsies that accidentally got clipped while trimming. But here's some pics of the gg. Think I'm doing a good job of keeping the top level so this might be an easy canopy to manage.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X