No announcement yet.

Chefbjy's 2nd Grow - FFOF Soil with 1000W HPS and bag seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking buds and nice job trimming them.

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you πŸ˜ƒ.

One week since flip to 12/12 pistil day 5. So far so good no signs of herm and scrog is serving it's purpose. Though I can't help but to think I should take all the leaves off of the bottom. I was giving it a haircut and figured they'll catch up now. Thoughts??? Still have a couple weeks to take leaves off but I didn't want to cut off any potential buds at all. Not much stretch going on and think that's due to temp being 71f lights off. But might get some more in a couple weeks. Hoping it fills out most of the scrog or 4x4 area.

Watered with flower nutes mixed 4qts poured 2 of those quarts into another jug and filled both with well water. Ph came out perfect at 6.5 ec was 1.0 for both gallons but ppm was a little lower then I wanted to put in as I forgot to add the liquid koolbloom. So put 1ml in each gallon and it came up about 50 points so ppm was close to 500 ec 1.0 in. Ph out 6 ec out 1.2 770 ppm right on track now. Though still think there's some amendments breaking down and might expect it to be a little higher next watering. Not positive but we'll see and think I have fertigation on track.

Knock on wood... But looks like 3rd time might be a charm πŸ˜†. Maybe I'll get some sensi without harvesting early πŸ˜‰. Found this wierd leaf growing too didn't take it off because it looks so interesting πŸ˜†.
    Last edited by Chefbjy; 06-09-2018, 05:24 AM. Reason: Ec correction
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I've had to do some tucking and was prepared for a taller plant. When it was in the shop the lights out temps were 80+ so think the heat is keeping me from the kind of stretch my clones did. Ah well it's fine there's alot of bud sites and it almost takes up the whole 4x4 by itself. Thanks I learned a lot this grow.

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      Basically, I am now just jealous that you are still going to have a plant to grow.
      But I need to stop. I am already really struggling with hot weather

I am going to start watching that countdown timer more closely!

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. Yeah I have a bit of a perpetual grow gong on this year. I just love growing.

Sloppy suckers lol. I will be doing this again but wanted to share my mess....πŸ˜†. I only had 12 molds and my candy cooled so fast I just spread it out on greased tin foil before I had a pan of hard candy. Sticky stuff haha learned from experience the recipe on the sucker kit makes more then the molds given...wtf lol. So I'll get new molds and adjust the recipe. I think I made them too strong πŸ’ͺ !!

Haha I put in a lot of my green dragon tincture. Think it was around 20ml.really should have measured because I was πŸŒ™ night 30 minutes later. Gave some to a relative and a friend and they both had the same effect 30 minutes later 😴. Gift bags going out to family and friends for father's day. You can laugh at my sloppy suckers if you want but man they get you high af.

Comment

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like the perfect strength to me. Lol Those are just your nighttime edibles. Next batch can be your daytime ones. 30 minutes and your asleep sounds like heaven to me. But i dont really sleep anymore.

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! The candy mix cools fast....it's not easy...almost a two person job. It's like working in watercolor- one has to add the vehicle of time-working in the moment. Gummies are little more forgiving but still to pour, stir and limit the "waste" altho nothing is really wasted. I made Everclear tincture yesterday...a breeze by comparison.

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Have to add that I had smoked 2infused doobies before ingesting. Normally I would have smoked another right before bed but didn't get the chance so it saved me a doobie πŸ˜†.

oldjarhead100 I just used the recipe on the sucker kit. Adding tincture when you add flavoring. Citrus flavoring or citrus acid can be added to enhance the flavor but I just used the sucker kit flavoring that's a super concentrated oil. You can find the kits at hobby shops or craft stores. Just add as much tincture as you feel is needed. Like I said I added around 30-50 ml but I should have measured to be exact. You don't have to add the sticks to the molds but yeah the pieces that break off are easier and you don't have to slobber all over a sucker that you might not finish.

The recipe involves 1 package of powdered corn syrup 2 cups sugar and half a cup of water. Make sure you have a candy thermometer. And use only metal for cooking utensils. Stainless steel is best.

Comment

A dab a day keeps sane πŸ˜†. Decided to do the hair straightener rosin press method again. This time I used the clones (early harvest) produce. I have to say it's a lot more then what came out of the first harvest. Or maybe it's just the experience of doing it before. Just seemed like these buds were just a little fluffier as easy as it compressed, but I think I got more this time.

The taste was different and have to say it was amazing. Being able to taste the skunky undertones of the flower as I exhale brings an instant smile to my face. The high very uplifting at first and mellowing out I still have a smile on my face πŸ˜‰.

Note if you attempt this at home don't do it over carpet. Idk how but I ended up dropping a huge dabber on the floor and didn't know until I stepped in it. Luckily it was still a little wet and I was able to pick most of it off the carpet. Took some scissors and cut the rest off of the carpet.... Glad my wife didn't see that πŸ˜†. I'm looking into getting a press I like this extraction method. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Pistil day 8, 12th day of 12/12. Watered yesterday plain well water 7.0 ph in .2ec in. Ph out 6.0 ec out 1.0 ppm 500. Going to increase my inflow tonight to 700ppm.

Wish I didn't break off a main, I would have another foot of canopy to fill in the scrog more. Not a whole lot of stretch so I'll be fine for the height. Think it filled out the 4x4 nicely though, sure is a fatty lol. I hope I'll have enough room for 4 for in the challenge. Found another odd leaf half yellow. Lots of pistils nothing that looks like a herm..knock on wood again. Can't wait to see buds filling out these squares πŸ˜ƒ.

Going to purchase some things to make a diy drip system. Want to get that dialed in so I can start growing in coco. Might make me decide on my medium for shop grow if this simplifies things more. Have to get some Vegamatrix soon to fit my bill...nutes are probably the most expensive need I have so I'll get that out of the way early. Just waiting for this girl to finish blooming so I can open the tent up for dhgc.

Thoughts, comments, tips, or advice are always welcome. Thanks for stopping by and happy growing. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing a great job with the scrog!

Look forward to seeing your drip system come together!

Local berry season. Going to make some cannahoney and make some jam. Already made some simple syrup that I have yet to try combined with the green dragon tincture. I had a 2/3 empty dropper bottle (acquired from a local pharmacy) that I mixed the syrup into. Makes for great icecream topping pancake syrup cocktails and mocktails.

Trying to live up to my avatar name πŸ˜†. Cooking and infusing with cannabis is not only fun but makes me think of other things to try. Maybe I should put some of that in my tea/coffee... Then I think maybe I should put more in my tea/coffee... Then I think I should put this in everyone's tea/coffee. It's a great way to medicate at night for me since the peak high doesn't really occur for 30-60 minutes and helps me sleep the night away without waking up in pain. Not sure if my lab tests tincture or other edibles so I'll be looking into it.

Results from lab were an astonishing 18% despite it not being sensimilla from first harvest in this triathlon. This was the only strain I had tested though less then 1% cbd and passed my mold and samonilla/e coli tests...not sure I should post since I have a binding contract that prevents me from sharing my info publicly. I want to be able to go back.

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Locrian99 fresh berries are amazing. We have blackberry bushes everywhere. I can walk across my yard to pick them. Weather has been dry so they're not getting enough water. Was thinking of trying to get one growing in my yard so I can have them all the time. Last 2 years pickings have been slim in certain spots.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          We had them behind the pump house, I had to eradicate them as best I could as they start taking over. But yes they are everywhere around here. I have a good spot on a friends property along the pudding river, they grow really well down in the bottoms there. Guess it’s the flood plain soil, I was always told not to eat the ones from the side of the road because of car exhaust. No clue if there’s any real truth to that but seems like a solid thought.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Truth is they spray them with stuff to control them...as you said they start taking over the sides of the roads and highways. Not so much of the exhaust as the chemicals they treat them with. I live right on the skookumchuck river and huckleberries salmonberries blackberries are all over those are the ones to pick πŸ˜‹. We take buckets up to a place called blue mire hill and there are some huge blackberries to pick. Getting through all the thorns to get them is kinda tricky though.

Day 10pistil day. Just did plain water and ppm 717 ec 1.0 going to see if I can keep it there maybe push 800ppm next fertigation and see what happens. Think I'm getting a grasp.

Now that I feel most of the fertilizer is leeched out I can now fertigate at 2/3 strength....I'm going to be more confident not over fertilizing now and rely on my feed chart to keep a balanced profile of npk.

Watering 2gallons in with 15-20% run off before budlets formed now getting 5-10% from 2gallons and soil is drying faster. All good signs of healthy growth. Hope it keeps drinking like this, drinking more would make me water 4/7days which was never on my agenda any other grow. I'd rather do another fertigation then increase run off as I don't want to leech out nutrition now. This is not due to environmental factors I might add. Temps and humidity have been stable for 3weeks np. She's just drinking up everything she can in that 10gallon fabric pot.

Just wanted to show a little stretch and share my numbers since I'll be continuing to grow according to ec outflow. Numbers get a little high after feed but I'm confident it's getting a good water source and nutritional regiment without risk of burning it up. Hope I didn't bore you πŸ˜†. Happy growing!!

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. I feel like this has been a great learning experience not just for me but for others too. There is a big learning curve to growing without burning your plant in ffof. I won't use it again but it's a good medium for soil growers as long as they aren't heavy feeders like me πŸ˜†.

• Cannabliss
          Cannabliss commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, awesome plant! Very nice work on the LST to get all those nice potential colas Chefbjy. That even canopy is amazing.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Cannabliss thank you it wasn't much work at all. I didn't have to bind her after 3weeks into veg she was just doing her own thing. πŸ˜ƒ

Decided to increase fertigation with more calmag. Noticed a little yellowing in the center veins of some leaves. Wouldn't be surprised if it was mg, I've had this problem with another bag seed from same grower(strain) in the same soil. So I'm pretty sure it's lacking. However this didn't help to increase my ppm ec at all really. So I added maxibloom 1/4 tsp (base flower nute) and diluted to 815ppm 1.2 ec. Don't think it's n because some of the leaves have a nice green hue. And it's drinking very rapidly with conistent temps and humidity being constant 46%. Run off 6.5 ph 1142ppm 1.4 ec. Did repeat of week 6 before dropping florablend off for next fertigation.

Time for a little haircut...and me oh my we have some decent stretch happening. Wish I would have put in the screen a little sooner to see what I was going to lollipop. Now I feel like it's there so it will stay there... only taking off leaves that were blocking budsites. There's sites below the screen that really isn't being shaded out so I'm going to leave them be. I'm still kicking myself about that main I busted off early veg...those corners would be a little more full πŸ˜‰.

Along with the haircut I did some supercropping to expose budsites below and I believe it helps the buds swell nicely. The small stuff was fairly easy and I expect the stems to fatten up. I even have 3 suppercrops going on one small branch that is trying to wiggle up through the middle πŸ˜†. The bigger branches I had some manipulating to do and they got tied to the screen. Pretty happy with the scrog training. The scrog itself is pretty laughable. But when I open a 4x4 and see one plant almost filling every corner of the space I have to say wow. That's one plant?? I don't even notice the rickety asnet. I know it didn't fill the entire room but this is the first bush that I've grown with intentions of scrog. And I've had time to learn new things with just growing one instead of 12.

I feel like I'm posting a lot maybe it's too much. But I'm really pulling for this plant and proud of her additude throughout my attempts to stress her, just to make sure she was really a she. Might start calling her miss drinksalot now πŸ˜‰. I don't want to be a chronic poster but I do love to grow some chronic. πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          They're all wrinkled from being in my pocket...but there are some that have some yellowing though.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Keep posting as you wish! That's what this forum is all about! Love your pists😊

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Tika that makes me feel better about how many times I post a week πŸ˜†. It sucks when you don't have anyone to talk to around you about the pretty plants and gratification of it all. I'm glad you all are here to talk to πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†.

I want to change the lyrics lol. I don't normally listen to rap. I grew up on grateful dead rolling stones acdc kiss motley crue all sorts of oldies from the 50s on. I'm more of alternative rock guy now though. I'm in love with the shape of you I'm in love with gorilla glue I'm in love with your high babe...lol... Sorry about the fluff piece but this guy had some remixed songs that reminds me of all the lyrics I have written down... I have books πŸ˜†.

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha that kind of went with the lyrics Campesino 😝. No really I started singing the lyrics I made over him and my wife gave me that look rofl. I said what??? It's your plant I'm just singing to her πŸ˜†

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          The part of my brain that sings songs over and over whether I want it to or not is quickly replacing the original lyrics with yours. Especially the Gorilla Glue... I am worried you infected me.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Rofl I really am in love the shape of my gorilla glue πŸ˜†.

Seedlings outside finally getting some favorable weather conditions. However this also brought some bugs and treated with de. They're not doing bad but not so great either. Overcast impeded light hours and going to have to cut a tree back that shaded them out. Just been using natural well water and now making up a batch of natural fertilizer. Will try to get pics up later...they need some good stuff and more sun. Not to concerned with them just trying to get them by if the bugs don't eat them first.
        https://www-instructables-com.cdn.am...-from-Weeds%2F

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Will get pics first thing in the a.m.

Did you know that molasses has around 150 ppm per tablespoon? I did a ph check with it to kinda hard with the drops but think it was within range. My well water has a .2 ec very little ppm around 54 added 2tbl of molasses per gallon and it went to.8 ec 354 ppm...this will count as an added fertigation. I could have held back a little and did 1tbl. But didn't think it would hurt much. This isn't helping to keep my ec in check but I'll do a plain water and it should adjust. Ec outflow 1.5 950 ppm. Which would have been different if I didn't add the molasses and believe it definitely would have been in target range without it.

The yellowing isn't as noticeable to me now but think I may have some canabilzation going on. Ph has been consistently between 6 and 6.5 so don't think that is a problem at all. I've had something similar happen when I started this journal never could find the cause. I know it isn't pests plant was treated with neem in veg and de before it went into the tent. Plus no signs of any buggers screens on the windows are good vents are screened tent is sealed for 11.5 hours on water and feed nights. Just wierd how it's mostly on one side of the plant towards the back wall. I'm not to worried about it if it's the same thing I went on to grow buds anyway. I don't have any other thoughts then canabilzation.

Budlets everywhere and the middle is really trying to stretch it's little legs (side branches) everything that wasn't tied down or supercropped is reaching for that light. The mains are just basking and soaking up the light with little stretch maybe it's the different spectrum of hps then previous bulb was idk.

Hope they start fattening soon... I might have to just throw the 1000watt in there. It seems like it just wants more....great now what do I tell the wife new nutes and a bulb??? 2 most expensive things of a grow lol. Lights and nutes this week or nutes and an ac for the shop?? I'll have to find out what my budget is. Trying to get the expensive purchases out of the way so I can show my wife the return they will bring in. πŸ˜ƒ pics are captioned. Have a great day ✌.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chefbjy not only will it raise ec but it drops ph Just added some yesterday still I think the worth out ways the hassle good luck

also I have seen roots affect a plant in one spot but not the whole leaf ,thats not bad I think you'll be ok

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 yeah I have no idea what is going on there. I'm not worried about it since the rest of the plant is fine.

Pictures of the ugly five lol. Bugs really got to em bad I hope they like the taste of de. Not a big deal free seeds from my harvest and I have plenty of other seeds to get going. I'm not into giving them any real tlc they either sink or swim on their ownπŸ˜†.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Chefbjy, that's the same way I do most of my outdoor grows now, either swim or drown, but they are over 30miles away, that makes it kinda hard ,to check on them regularly. But some years, they will surprise you, And do wonderful.
          GoodLuck with your youngsters. I bet they turn out great,

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I hope they do surprise me D.A.A.S.69 πŸ˜‰.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I am rooting for them

Come on little plants you can do it!

how many plans can you flower under your 1000 watt hps and whats your dry weight yield chef?

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          6 plants is good if you have the space. But I'll only do 4 next go in the 4x4. I had 5 that yielded 14.5 oz total and 4 that yielded 13.5. But they were in a bigger tent and the footprint wasn't filled.

Plain watering day though I think I should start using a much diluted solution everytime now. She must be hungry because ec was .8 @648 ppm after just having 950ppm previously. But it does need to gradually come down the last few weeks so kind of on the fence, since I 've noticed some tip discoloration. Middle of the plant seems kind of yellow to me but under the hps everything is yellow πŸ˜†.

It's not really noticeable in pics but to my eye it's looking like a deficiency. Not sure if it's p or ca/mg but the yellowing is localized to the center of the plant though some outside older leaves are getting robbed of their green color from the outside of the leaf in. Light is well within range... I could lower it a couple inches.

The mains look great, nice and green but buds aren't exactly swelling as I'd hoped. Not sure if I should throw in the 1000watt because of heat issues. Thinking of purchasing a new extraction fan to compensate and might throw a co2 bag in there too.

Sat there with scissors in hand thinking about a haircut for an hour, but decided not to. With small signs of def I didn't want to compromise it's sources or speed it up. I haven't done anything different other then molasses but this showed up beforehand. All numbers have been good except temp the last couple days so a bit confused as to what is causing yellowing. It should be used to high ppm/ec I've brought it down gradually over the last 4weeks to be within 500-800ppm with feeding it tends to get a little higher but nothing excessive. I'll keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't progress. Really leaning towards p def. Maybe up my lkb instead of calmag think ca mg are competing for p?? Idk πŸ˜† read gg needs a lot of p so that's my assumption. Have a great day all. ✌

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I think it just calls for monitoring then. Sounds like you have thought through all the possibilities

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          do you check the ppm of your run off or how do you check how low the ppm has gone down..

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          freddyyola I use a ec/tds meter to measure run off ppm.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X