Chefbjy's 2nd Grow - FFOF Soil with 1000W HPS and bag seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chefbjy's 2nd Grow - FFOF Soil with 1000W HPS and bag seeds

Strains: bag seeds from Dutch Treat and Gg.
    Medium:
    FFOF soil
    Light: 2 100 watt leds, one daylight, one blue flood light for seedlings. 1000watt mh wing hood for veg. 1000 1000watt hps air cooled hood for flower.

Start date 12/11/2017
    Harvest date 3/30/2018.

Yield 457g off 3 plants beast 174g
    dt, 200g dt, 83g gg runt.

Currently growing in 5x7x7 1000 watt air cooled hps 4 inch exhaust ffof general hydro drain to waste nutes. Used 2 100 watt LED lights one daylight one blue and 2 CFLs at 60 watt for seedlings 1000 watt metal halide with wing hood for veg. Growing Dutch treat bag seed and I believe it to be gg#4 bag seed.3 and 7 gallon smart pots.
    Am I missing anything for a grow journal side from weight at harvest? Lol this it's my second grow and my canopy has taken over my tent. I didn't realize what immense work it is to keep it so flat now that I've super cropped after lst and defoliating the Dutch treat bag seed is taking up almost half of the tent. The gg#4 trying to fight it for light and space isn't backing down. And 2 other gg#4 fighters trying to soak up what they can.4 clones that I move from LEDs I used from seed to the flower room are enjoying the view. But I'm running out of room. Think I'm done with the stretch week one of flower and 7-8 to go hope there's enough room in the pots for roots. Veg for 45 days and she's a beast now. The gg#4 isn't small either and takes to almost the other half of the tent.
    Last edited by NebulaHaze; 04-14-2018, 06:31 PM. Reason: You harvested so much beautiful bud, congratulations!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

They look wonderful, Chef!!
    2 DWC grow boxes
    Current grow: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...atu-micro-grow

Knowledge is definitely power re: growing dank bud: http://www.growweedeasy.com/home

Comment

Wow I'm jealous those look like beauts

Comment

nice looking girls isnt it nice when they fill your tent
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Yes it is nice. I forgot to put the date they sprouted.12/11/2017. Thanks to gwe and all its great guides and helpful people.

Comment

Looks like you're going to be busy.
            WHAT???

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Busy as a bee lol. I lost count of the tops I just keep tying them down. The other 2 have gotten some more stretch and have been tying those down. Backed myself into a corner and couldn't get out of my tent rofl. I keep thinking if should just move them into a room with an actual ceiling I don't necessarily need the tent but the environment control is great and reflectivity. If it wasn't so cold right now I'd move them to my garage and put up strips of mylar around them hanging from the rafters. This is the first time I used a tent and I'm simply running out of room 3 plants take up 2/3 of the space. And now my lighting is off position wise plus they need to come off the crates, I have to just mount the light to the top of the tent. Now I have an idea of the veg time and space I need though lol. I'm super excited about my next grow already.

Just counted some tops today and weren't stretched today so think I'll be safe with the light proximity. Counted over 30 tops on the Dutch treat 20 on one gg#4 and around 15 on another. There's a gg#4 that got stunted and not sure what it will produce but has 8 tops. Hopefully she does well but my main focus has been the bigger plants. I'm not sure if I want to take off anymore foliage next week,week3. Maybe some shade leaves blocking some lower growth that looks promising. They are starting to gain a really nice aroma when I open the tent. I think the clones I took smell nice too maybe better then the moms. Lol maybe I'm just crazy but the scent they leave on my fingers when I train them to be symmetrical is really strong compared to the mothers. I have a feeling this is going to be a bigger grow then I anticipated thanks to some guides here on gwe on increasing yield. I hope you guys enjoy the pics I'll be updating ever so often. I will be getting a much better camera so my later weeks of flower will probably be much clearer.

I'm just giving a foliar feeding with some humic acids 0-1-1. Using general hydro flora series but wondering if you guys could recommend a foliar spray that might help my yield

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Phone isn't letting me upload pics will try from my pc

After reading a bit of knowledge I may not take anymore off just going to let em run their course.

Comment

• KingKush
              KingKush commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful cannabis plants. Looks like a proper amount of leaves to me, just my opinion.
              Perhaps you could experiment with one plant? I reached a stage similar to this (plant age and size) and I left one alone while I continued to "do my thing" stripping leaves with the others. Well, to my surprise the ones I didn't strip any more leaves off ended up bigger, healthier plants.

All I'm advocating for is to see more side by side comparisons, it will provide more knowledge than any amount of time looking at online forums lol

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you but I don't think I'll expirement with these. They will probably need some of that stored up energy since they take so long to ripen

So I had to do some rearranging in the tent and make some room since everything is tied down and bushing out. I hope I have big enough containers plants are around 32-34 inches in 7 gallon pots and the one in a 3gallon is around 26-28 inches tall. I don't want to become root bound my pH run off is around 6.8 for one and the rest are around 6-6.5. Noticing a little yellowing going on half of the beast is looking a little pale only did a half strength of nutes for most of my gh flora series and full strength on the last week of the florablend. Thinking it may be iron but I don't know for sure could have been a light issue just hope I don't need to transplant going into the 3rd week in a couple days.

Transitioned around the 1st and have a couple months to go before harvest think I'll have a hefty yield provided the plants stay healthy. Was doing a feed and noticed little budlets forming under shade leaves where I cut everything off was kind of amused. Some little red hairs starting to form on the bottom of the budlets the color of the budlet is starting to present itself a lot earlier then my last grow which is kind of exciting to me. There's a little runt in a 7 gallon pot that had been stunted was hoping it would come back and be a champion but doesn't look like it's going to be a big producer. The florablend is labeled aroma on feed chart and tying them down some more I had the greatest aroma therapy ever lol.
            The strains are going to be more recognizable to me now that the aromas are coming out...this is a repeat of bag seeds I found in some high quality rec weed so I do know the specific aromas these strains give off they are some of my favs. Clones are taking really well and I may have time to get them outside veg is kinda slow since I started a manifold there are a couple that I think are just stunted I they haven't done a whole lot in the last week and a half. Going to make them a greenhouse =).
            So since I'm growing bagseed and can't technically call it that specific strain I can give it my own name right?
            Lol I don't care about names really...just want it to be quality. I did really well my first grow and now I know more about the curing process thanks to Nebula's guide I will definitely get a better cure off this time. I got the humidity under control for now and sitting around 36% today which is the lowest it's been in weeks.
            Saw some little specs of white thinking it was wpm but it may have just been my foliar feeding anyway I took precautions and took some paper towels and plain water and wiped every leaf I saw with spots think I spent 3hrs in my tent watering and tying and wiping leaves but I want to take care of my babies. Seeing some browning on lower leaves some have scars from nute burn...poor girls. Hoping they stay on those leaves and don't see any continuous problems with leaves. Had something weather it was the plant eating itself nute problem wind burn or pest problem leave holes in leaves and on the runt there is some weird growth and odd leaves I think was from fimming it,I probably should of just let it grow. I think I have the tent pretty much covered now so I'm looking forward to seeing a success...wish me luck. Here's a pic of the budlets under the shade leaves and the tops and area I've filled up still running out of room imo lol.
            Last edited by Chefbjy; 03-26-2018, 03:26 PM. Reason: Readability

Comment

• Chefbjy
              Chefbjy commented
              Editing a comment
              Couldn't remove pic 6 that was right side before I moved it. Below should be pic 6 but couldn't find it.

There it is right side

Comment

So I think I may have too much light on my tallest plants. Top leaves are getting a little yellow Stone older bigger fan leaves showing a little signs of a problem a little yellow on certain spots. Watered with 5.9 and run off looks good on all plants 6-6.5.

Third week into flower hope I fixed the issue. Smaller plants look healthier so that's what makes me think too much light. Aside from that buds are starting to fatten up some have some color coming through. The little runt looks like it will produce more then I originally thought. I didn't have tape on some of the sites that were supercropped they looked okay but I put some tape on till they completely heal. Maybe they were just leaking nutrients and some leaves just didn't get what they were supposed to. My first time trying this method so I made a rookie mistake.

Only being my second grow in this first time environment, getting everything dialed in here. I think I have things set right for my next grow. Hopefully problems are solved and the leaves stop showing them. Here's a couple pics still got 5-6 weeks will be doing weekly pics.

Comment

Hey all day early on pics trying a different camera. I seem to have had too much light on my babies causing a little deficiency. Thinking it's mag or calcium. I feed with calmag by gh feed schedule but going to have to add some to my plain phd water to make it up. Wish I went with ten gallon pots too, they seem like they want more space. My runt is in a perfect home with a seven gallon and the next size up stayed in a3 gallon because it wasn't as big as it is now, had some serious stretch. She's looking pretty stressed from light burn and a mag deficiency but hopefully she'll pull through. Leaves on the beast are still a little yellow but looks like they'll pull through with next watering with calmag. I raised the light again and only have about 3 more inches to spare.

Funny thing my runt started growing double flower sites right next to each other. I've never seen buds so tight together. Remember this one I found in the trash can after someone knocked it over as a seedling and couldn't find it. I quickly put a little rapid start in a cup of water and watered the soil then stuck a finger in it and placed the seedling with the tap root broken off already thinking it would never survive. But as you can see it's doing fairly well for such a little gal.

Going to have to tie some buds up so they don't fall over they're looking pretty heavy on one side. Still got 4-5 weeks to go and I hope you all enjoy the pics from this different camera.
                Last edited by Chefbjy; 02-28-2018, 04:46 AM. Reason: auto correct sucks

Comment

Looks like you're a few weeks ahead of me. Keep us posted on your progress.
                  WHAT???

Comment

Update on the clones. Took out the blue led and replaced it with a red one. Also took one cfl away just can't plug it all in where it's relocated. Thinking of getting another ballast for a permanent veg room now since I'll be buying seeds soon. Anyways a couple clones are still a few days from completing a manifold. Going to get some tomato cages next week so I'll be ready. Today is going to be a regular watering with calmag and rapid root only in flowering tent should have upped the dose last feed.

Here's a couple clones I gave the final topping to. Going to have some bud pics later guys. Have a great day.

Comment

Hey all hope your day is going well. Was watering day today temps at 77f 41% Rh watered with 5.9 added calmag and rapid root run off on all but the runt are nuetral. 5.9 from the runt not unexpected since it's the healthiest of the bunch. Was thinking by the time I'm ready to pull these the clones will be ready for flip. Hopefully the yellowing doesn't progress this early. Estimated time to harvest is end of March beginning of April. Buds are getting big and everytime I open the tent I get a satisfying aroma. Turning real sugary already and sticky to the touch, even just brushing my arm against it by accident I can feel the stickiness on my arm. The buds on the runt are super tight together in the middle going to be interesting to see how they develop. Enjoy the bud pics.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X