Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campesino's 1st Grow Journal - Coco with Viparspectra LEDs - 6 Manifolds

Set up:
    Coco/Perlite in 7 gallon bags following GWE Nutrient schedule for GH Flora series.
    2x 450 Viparspectra LEDs. 4'x4'x7' Tent.
    3 Skywalker OG, 3 Gorilla Glue #4.
    Started from Clones on Nov 27.

I am now in the first week of 12/12 (flipped on 1/6).
    I have posted a series of pics to bring up to date. Everything has gone really well so far. Plants slowed during repetitive toppings, but are now growing more than 1 inch per day!
    The three in the back are Skywalker OG. The three in front are Gorilla Glue #4. The Skywalkers are taller and lankier than the GG4s so I trained them differently. The skywalkers are a traditional "mainline" (topped 3x to produce 8 colas). Since they grow vertically faster, I wanted to slow them down. The GG4s are trained following Nebula's modified Manifold method (topped twice, 1st and 3rd nodes preserved for 8 colas). (note: the third Skywalker has been a runt and has been trained differently. It is back right and least visible). I am very happy with fairly uniform canopy now, but will require work to keep Skywalkers from outpacing GG4s.
    As the plants took off during 5th week of Veg, I realized I needed to flip them earlier than planned due to horizontal space issues. I remain concerned that there may be too many colas (48) in an effective 4'x2.5' growing area. I am not concerned (yet?) about vertical space, but they are really growing FAST.
    I have a background in horticulture, but this is my first: Indoor grow; time using bags, coco, LEDs, and if all goes well from here will be my first successful mj harvest.
    I will post updates and I welcome any and all advice/comments/feedback/questions.
    Happy to be a part of the GWE community!
    Day 3 Day 9 Day 12 Post topping Day 18 Day 27
    Coco/Perlite 50/50 with 4x DAILY Fertigation
    4x4 Tent, 2@ Viparspectra 450 Reflector Series LEDs
    GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Completed Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow Harvest: 10.3oz March 2018
    Current Grow Journal: Coco/LED 6 Manifolds Grow #2
    Check out my Guide for Growing in Coco
    JOIN US for the DARK HARVEST GROW CHALLENGE!

You should be alright! May get a little tight but space your pants off a bit so the whole tents being used an adjust lights even a light super cropping cold help a crazy stretch! Beautiful plants good luck ah happy growing

Comment

Originally posted by Trichomefarmer88 View Post
      You should be alright! May get a little tight but space your pants off a bit so the whole tents being used an adjust lights even a light super cropping cold help a crazy stretch! Beautiful plants good luck ah happy growing
      Thanks Trichomefarmer88!
      Glad to have positive reassurance. The idea that I had packed the tent too tightly has been bothering me for about a week now. I have been and will continue supercropping the Skywalkers. The back left Skywalker is growing about 2" per day on all eight colas, so I am LSTing and supercropping it regularly.
      I can pull the 3 GG4s away from the skywalkers about 8" without major changes to anything. I may start that as they grow into each other. Have been holding off to keep all closer to lights.
      GH Nutes including: Flora Trio, CALiMAGic, Rapid Start, Armor SI, Liquid KoolBloom, and Diamond Nectar.

Comment

A few additional pictures of the set-up.
        When I built the bench, I really had no expectation that I would need or be able to use more horizontal space. It holds two intake fans, protects the drain, and gives me a place to lean and set things.
        I will have trouble convincing my wife that buying another light (or really anything) is an appropriate expense, so I do have a limited light area. I can pull the GG4s forward about 8" without moving the bench.
        I elevated the saucers and attached drain-lines. Works very well.
        The PVC frame is just to brace the walls of the tent from sucking in
        Finally, I love aluminum tape!

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it is a good thing. We can still pay our bills!
          Moderation with new hobbies is not my strong suit.

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha same here, the wife clips my wings on a regular basis

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen. We're blessed to be loved by someone who lets us grow, and keeps us grounded in the grown-up world (for those of us who still have obligations there).

Just completed the first week of 12/12. The girls are doing great!
        A few pics to see size and space issues and what I'm up to.
        I did a fairly serious defoliation before the flip (see pics earlier in thread). Since then I have been taking hand-fulls (5-20) of "intruder" and shaded out leaves every night. I am planning to do another big defoliation in two weeks. Not sure if I should be even more heavy handed with the GG4's (3 in front)?
        Your thoughts are welcome!

Comment

I like your set up man. Nice and shiny. lol. Good luck the rest of grow. If it were me Id do the 3 week flower defoliating and then leave it. They look good.
          ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks UrbZ!

I’ve got 2 gg#4’s at 8 weeks in flower this Saturday. Frosty!
          48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm looking through your journal for pics!
            In my experience, they are fun plants! Very vigorous and almost obedient! They seem to know what I wan them to do and have been very cooperative.

I don’t have any in there. I was just heading down stairs to take a bong hit I’ll snap a couple.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots
          Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool, no rush, but I'd love to see what's in store!

First grow I kinda screwed up the training. She’s starting to fade now, thinking about 10-14 more days.
          600w mh/hps
          32”x32”x63” veg tent
          viparspectra PAR 450 led
          5 gallon Smart Pots

Comment

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Interested in seeing yours grow. I’m shocked I didn’t kill these plants, prob would’ve if not for this site and forum. I will for sure try this strain again if for nothing else to see how experience increases the yield.

• Trichomefarmer88
            Trichomefarmer88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey you know you could tie them babies so they're straight up getting equal light the whole way around them buds... Tie right to your light if you can.. but great looking buds!!

• Locrian99
            Locrian99 commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s not the light they are under that my pool table it is sitting on. Using a couple stakes for supports but yes there’s a few that could be held up better

A few shots of the ladies' undercarriages

Keep in mind, they are the clones of an old mother.

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice and clean. Plenty of airflow. They look ready to produce. Nice lollipopping.

Morning Camp. Nice looking plants, I wouldn't do anything but tuck or remove some leaves from now on. Good Luck with GG, great smoke.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks D.A.A.S. I appreciate the encouragement.
            I am certainly looking forward to the GG4. I only smoked it once before, but everybody seems to love it.

Day 50 Flowering Day 10
          All the girls have been doing great! Started to really show some flowers yesterday!
          Have done significant supercropping to the Skywalker OGs in the back over the last two days and they don't skip a beat.
          I have had to increase watering significantly over the last two days. I have been running my coco with daily watering (whether they "need" it or not I water till drain-off every day alternating Nutes with just Cal/Mag). For pretty much the entire time they have been in the 7 gallon bags they have taken a combined 1.5 gallons (1 qt/plant). I just posted two days ago about how that had stayed surprisingly consistent throughout my grow. That night, I needed more to get drain-off and gave almost 2 gallons. Yesterday the top of the coco was dry for the first time! Tonight was the third time I prepared 2 gallons, and I think they need more. The increase in water use corresponds exactly to the first signs of flowers.
          In any event, the plants are happy so I am too!
          Last edited by Campesino; 01-16-2018, 06:16 AM. Reason: I uploaded one wrong image - Fixed

Comment

So, I edited my post last night because I posted the wrong picture. When I changed the picture, my journal seemed to disappear from the forum (no link). The whole forum site seemed to revert to an earlier state and freeze. Not sure if my journal was just caught up in that or if my replacing the picture actually crashed the forum. In any event, I wanted to post something to see if my journal would reappear. So, here is a gratuitous picture of moments old supercrop.
            In other news, The girls are happy and I gave them even more water (2 1/4 gallons) tonight. I am going to have to have 2+ gallons made up now everyday. If they want much more than this I will go to 2x daily watering.

Comment

I put together a 12-hour time lapse of the supercrop I did last night.
              I am absolutely enamored with these plants!

Comment

I may be getting carried away, but once I start playing it is hard to go back to working.
                I have never done this before so forgive if it does not work. A GIF of the pics in my previous post!

Comment

• Locrian99
                  Locrian99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These plants are crazy

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Morning Cam. Nice camera work. Your plants are looking nice.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X