No announcement yet.

Bartholomew's 2nd Grow - First time with coco & drip feed system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's for sure. Especially when you start adding extra growth and bloom enhancers....For me its less $ because at the most I have 5-6 plants and they don't start gulping water until about the 4-5th week_ then its every other day or maybe even every day, depending. I usually water them really well right after a pruning or defoliation. Hope your flush goes well. One of the strains I'm growing right now is a hybrid made from an auto_ but this strain is photoperiod instead.They kinda went "backwards" on this so it will be interesting to see how that goes_ its the Big Devil that I considered growing as an auto before.Looking forward to seeing your results_ especially the Ultimate and the Big Bang!

Comment

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      Flush went well, no burn what so ever! And it seems like they jumped back up, looking more lively.

Big Devil sounds interestin.
      I have high hopes for the dutch passion strains, Ultimate and Mazar. Supposed to be heavy yielders for autos. Looking at that one mazar which started blooming before the rest, the buds are growing nicely. The buds have a fruity sweet smell to them close up. I think the smell will change, Mazar is supposed to be earthy.

I've planted seeds from Dutch Passion before_ they produce some nice genetics. I've never tried Mazar but have always considered it. I've seen photos though and they look like the have heavy yields. Getting psyched now that my girls have pistils emerging from calyx's. maybe by the end of the week they'll have little "bud-lets" decorating their canopies! The Big Devil is suppose to be a good producer and potent as well
    > 20%. We'll see!

Comment

• Bartholomew
      Bartholomew commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow 20% Will rock your socks off

Can anyone tell me about using sugar, for example brown sugar, in flowering? Does it make a difference, does it work? Is it worth it? etc
    Current grow:

Dutch Passion 10x Auto Mazar and 7x Auto Ultimate, 2x Big Bang Auto by Greenhouse Seeds, 1x Auto Kush by Seedsman

SETUP

20L, 18L & 16L fabric pots, 20L Air pots
    Coco 100%
    CANNA Coco A+B and all CANNA additives + Sensi cal mag
    2x 600W HPS + 1000W HPS 24\0 light schedule.
    Drip feed system run to waste

First and current journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

Day 69 update!!!

It’s Starting to look like a sea of buds slowly But surely.
      I should probably skin them pretty soon. What do you think?

13 out of 20 are showing real bud/budlings already!
      Current grow:

Dutch Passion 10x Auto Mazar and 7x Auto Ultimate, 2x Big Bang Auto by Greenhouse Seeds, 1x Auto Kush by Seedsman

SETUP

Coco 100%

First and current journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

2 more pics. Wasn’t aware of The 15 Pics per post limit.
        Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

Yeah, flushing and feeding can burn lots of $$$.!

Comment

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            LOS Living Organic Soil containers last years through many cycles with minimum ammendments to recharge and feed the soil with teas and drenches

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            Paracelsus While it sounds like a good idea, it's still too hard core farmer mode for me. RDWC's are really efficient in using nutes actually. Lower nute costs.

I'll have to check those out, thanks for the suggestion! Always good to get first hand information and know what alternatives might be available. Cheers_

Comment

Day 70 update!

Post defoliation. Hopefully this is The last defoliation for this crop, I honestly don’t want to see another leaf again. I took a bigger bite than i could chew with growing 20. Not impossible But Holy fuck, my Poor back.

The view is amazing tho!
            Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              I read somewhere that marijuana is good for back pain you should be all set LOL

• Bartholomew
              Bartholomew commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahah Yeah, post work treatment.
              It took me literally around 18 hours over The course of 2 days to defoliate them.

Paracelsus DingusKhan Dutchman1 OzBud Therocketsurgeon Hey guys, I'm noticing droopy leaves (see pics in previous post). They seem healthy, not dry. No under or over watering. Does heavy defoliation cause droopy leaves? Or too intense lights maybe? Or is it normal to see droopy leaves during flowering?

No nutrient burns, no deficiencies or toxicities, no cupping leaves. Temps at floor level are 18-21C, at canopy level 20-22C. RH between 40%-55%. 6 fans total in the room so considerable air flow.
            Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              That might be why but the cupping in the leaves is what worries me. Like you said, give em a couple to few days and see what happens, they will get better or worse ha.

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              Are they droopy all the time or rising and drooping?
              I kind of agree about under-watering. You are using drip...? how much do you apply daily?
              Have you grown in 100% Coco before? It is tough to water properly.

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Very unlikely it would be root problems. More likely a PH problem. They do look a little bit pale.

Campesino Watering every other day once a day until I get runoff. I check The weight of The pots and also use The finger knuckle test for moisture.
            Drip yes. First and last time coco.
            Not all The time, noticed it After defol. Maybe theyll bounce back.

Dutchman1 cupping? Where?
            ph is fine last time I checked. Correct ph goes always in.
            Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

• Bartholomew
              Bartholomew commented
              Editing a comment
              Dutchman1 hmm okay, Yes maybe they are cupping. I kinda thought that they are supposed to look like that, genetics. Been like that for a long time.

Light stress?

• Bartholomew
              Bartholomew commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve been pushing into The upper 70k lux because some of The shorter plants only get 35-50k lux when The lights are higher.

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dont panic, they look ok, nothing serious. Good that you noticed a difference. Just keep an eye on em. How close is your light? Isnt 80k Lux top end ? I know you said only one spot. Also if it hasnt been a problem before , its probably not now.

Campesino the Pics are from before watering. Last time because It doesn’t suit my style. Haven’t tried rdwc But from The looks of it and theory I find it very attractive.
            Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

First thing you’ve been doing very well up until now and you’re still doing well. You know without being told that defoliation, especially in the extreme, defoliation takes at least a day or two to recover. And during that time the thing that helps them recover the most is the transpiration of water and light reaching the leaves inside the canopy during this process. As a plant grows it requires more water so in the beginning every other day might’ve been good but now as the plant matures you should be watering everyday, maybe not as much as you did every other day but enough that the Coco never dries out. With Coco that is very important, when the Coco dries out the nutrients get trapped in the coco coir. My suggestion is to water to flush until drainage ppm is 1.2 - 1.4 and then water often enough that the top of the coco is never dry. But this is a two edged sword. With this many plants with this heavy foliage your humidity is going to be high with all that transpiration with so many plants and in the flowering stage you don’t want humidity to go much above 45%. It is a balance of air temp, relative humidity, light that can penetrate the canopy, and water containing nutrients that can reach the roots as the roots being able to absorb the nutrients. I would look through the tutorials and see if there is anything that explains what to do when your Coco has gotten dry. Your roots may have locked out if they got too dry after the defoliation. But flush the coco checking runoff pH and the ppm in and the ppm out until it is 1.2- 1.4. And make all adjustments incrementally not with a heavy hand.
              My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
              The universities do not teach all things, so a doctor must seek out old wives, gipsies, sorcerers, wandering tribes, old robbers, and such outlaws and take lessons from them. He who is born in imagination discovers the latent forces of Nature. . . . Besides the stars that are established, there is yet another -- Imagination -- that begets a new star and a new heaven.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                Dutchman1 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is sound advice.

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. But lock out isn’t probably an issue cause every watering feeding I use the whole Rez which is 25 gallons. Meaning every watering feeding I do a minor flush.

Hey guys! Huge Thanks for The Quick help!
              Regarding the droopy leaves, as you can see I was over worrying a bit! Woop woop
              They are back!
              The buds are getting fatter and bigger. What’s cool is that the buds on the Auto Ultimate have taken a metallic look due to the frost. Badass stuff.
              Dutchman1 The cupping still persists. Imo it’s minor. What do you think? I have a hard time positioning lights perfectly. I got the highest lux points to ~75k but lower points are in the 30k’s. Which I assume is not enough for flowering. I’ve read somewhere that a little stress is good. Don’t know how true that is.

Paracelsus Campesino Regarding watering coco. I’ve always gone the way of checking the weight of all the pots and if I find at least one that is light I water them all until all of them are heavy. Since the plants are at different stages, it’s hard to water them equally, so yes many of them are “over watered”. I don’t worry about that since it’s coco.

Should I defoliate further? Removing all the remaining fan leaves excluding the most top ones?
              Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment

• Campesino
                Campesino commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll look around to see what I can refer you to. Nebula's advice applies to Coco mixed following her tutorial... which includes about 35-40% Perlite. About to harvest though, so may be awhile before I can share any links...

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                No problem, good luck!

I wouldn't worry about the cupping at this point, especially as you say there has been some minor cupping all along. Here is a light chart for positioning correctly so you have no doubts. At near 80k you may have got some minor heat/light burn issues. What was the height on the buds near 80K ?

Comment

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                Ooh, gonna steal this chart! Around 50-60cm which is okay for 600W.

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                Heat really isn’t an issue. I have a ac which blows cool air towards and oscillating fan which blows on the canopy. Temps are max 22C at canopy level. Light stress is more probable.

• Bartholomew
                Bartholomew commented
                Editing a comment
                Lights are positioned from left to right 600w 600w and 1000w. The high lux points are only at the crossing of light rays between the two 600w lights.

Day 82 Update!

Sea of buds! Took a sample from The most mature plant yesterday, had trouble existing After smoking that. Still waiting for amber.

Any end game suggestions? I should defoliate once more quite heavily, right?
              Current grow:

SETUP

Coco 100%

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X