• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone! Today is day:

79 for the blue dream and sour Hound
    23 for the Bubba Kush
    6 for the diesel

Last week on Tuesday I decided to pull the Pineapple Express. I realized how far in I was, and if I Let It Go to flower, it would be another 6 weeks minimum before it was ready. So I decided to let it go, and put a diesel seed in its place.

The blue dream is looking fantastic. Most of the hairs are orange so I'm guessing another week or two before Harvest. The sour Hound is also looking pretty good. The buds are starting to swell up nicely.

The Bubba is set up for a main line. I'm going to try to keep as many nodes as far away from each other as possible this time around.

I went to the grow store this week and asked about Bud enhancers. They recommended Rock resinator for larger buds. I got some, but don't plan on using it on the blue dream or the sour Hound. I feel like they're too late in the game to benefit from it. So the Bubba will be the first one to get a bloom enhancer.

On a side note, I slammed my thumb in my car door on St Patty's Day. I was completely sober and it was right before work so work was a lot of fun that night. It's still very painful and mixing nutrients is no fun lol.

Have a great week everyone!
    Quadlining

Grow 1

Grow 2

Grow 3

Grow 4

Grow 5

Grow 6

Grow 7

Grow 8

Grow 9

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      It is supposed to be a green thumb on Saint Pattys day not black and blue

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      Believe me, I wish it would have been lol. It feels a lot better now, but this nail is a goner. I give it about 2 weeks lol

Hey man nice looking girls, I just read through your journal here and was curious how your table is working out. I contemplated doing something similar at one point and scraped the idea.
    48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
    600w mh/hps
    32”x32”x63” veg tent
    viparspectra PAR 450 led
    FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
    5 gallon Smart Pots
    Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
    Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey locrian! The table is working out really well so far! The only drawback is the blue dream is just a bit too tall, and my light can't go any higher. I can cut the legs of the table, but my bucket barely fits under there as it is. Other than that it has made my watering far easier!

• Locrian99
      Locrian99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, I’m going to need to come up with something for next grow I’m not a huge fan of the shop vac. Would like to come up with a watering system as well. Mix up a bucket of nutes and use a pump to water the plants. I love the training etc the watering not so much lol

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought about doing some sort of watering system, but hand watering seems to work best for my little setup. If I ever expanded I think it would be good to look into

Plants do look great. Some pretty flowers there

Comment

Hey everyone! Today is day:

86 for the blue dream and sour hound
      30 for the bubba kush
      13 for the diesel

I got out of work at 4am this morning and started harvest for the blue Dream. I trimmed from 430-noon, but I finally got it done. Definitely my biggest yielder to date, I'm guessing around 3.5-4. That's great because my bloody skunk didn't do the best and I tossed the pineapple Express, so I'm glad I chose to grow this one!

I do think I harvested a little early. I did see a decent amount of amber, but the middle of the plant that didn't get much light wasn't as developed as I would have liked it to be.

I'll be taking the sour hound down tomorrow, so I'm excited for that one to come down as well.

I only have pics of the blue dream right now, I'll eventually get a pic of the others.

Have a great day everyone!

Quadlining

Grow 1

Grow 2

Grow 3

Grow 4

Grow 5

Grow 6

Grow 7

Grow 8

Grow 9

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s amazing how you can count the days without that many fingers and toes!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy harvest, mccubed!!!

Took the sour hound down today. Took much less time than the blue dream lol. This harvest made me realize I'm buying an auto trimmer for the next round. The blue dream would have taken me 1 hour compared to 7 so I think it's worth it. I have used them before and I like the way they trim them. A site has a 16" for $89.

I also snapped a pic of the bubba and the diesel while I was down there. They are doing pretty good.

The pic with both plants has the all of the blue dream on the left and the sour hound on the right.

Have a great day everyone!
      ​​​​
      Quadlining

Grow 1

Grow 2

Grow 3

Grow 4

Grow 5

Grow 6

Grow 7

Grow 8

Grow 9

Comment

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you think you lose a significant amount of weight with the auto trimmer? I’m doing a trimming party with some close friends this next harvest, I’ll probably give them an oz each after it’s dried and cured for their help (I ended up giving them about that antmyways last grow so I figure I can get something out of them this way lol)

• mcubed476
        mcubed476 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've heard some people say you do, but I don't think what you lose is significant. Plus, all your trimming is confined to the bowl, which you can use in whichever way you like. I like dry ice hash myself

The blue dream got put into jars today! I knew this was going to be my heavy yielder to date, but I didn't realize I would get as much as I did off of it.

​​​​​​BLUE DREAM FINAL WEIGHT: 5 O's 10 g's.

Blue Dream Auto by Humboldt seeds was an absolute pleasure to grow. I just went back through my journal, and I never had a bad thing to say about it other than it being a little leafy lol.

I utilized lst, topping, and defoliation on this plant. It would be interesting to see how it would have done had it been mainlined. I will mainline the next blue dream I grow.

I've taste tested it already, and it is a very nice smoke. I like the smell, though I can't put my finger on how to describe the taste and smell because I'm starting to get a cold.
      Quadlining

Grow 1

Grow 2

Grow 3

Grow 4

Grow 5

Grow 6

Grow 7

Grow 8

Grow 9

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look so good in the jars! Hope your cold don't get too bad.

• mcubed476
        mcubed476 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks atu! It's kicking my butt today, but it should be out of my system in a couple days lol

Jarred up the sour hound today!

Sour Hound FINAL WEIGHT: 52g

So with everything said and done, my total weight for this grow was 235g, or 8.39 O's. I believe this is my highest harvest to date! Crazy, given the fact that I ditched the pineapple Express, and the bloody skunk got mutilated through my not so low stress lst.

I'm really excited for this upcoming grow that is already in the works. It will be interesting to see how the flower enhancer works.

And with that, this journal is wrapped up!
      Quadlining

Grow 1

Grow 2

Grow 3

Grow 4

Grow 5

Grow 6

Grow 7

Grow 8

Grow 9

Comment

• Paracelsus
        Paracelsus commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m looking forward to your next journal too, something I’ve found here at GWE is you can learn something from everybody. I try to read all the comments and I often look for the answers to the questions other people ask. You’ve done a great job journaling this grow. Now kick back and light one up and enjoy yourself.
        Last edited by Paracelsus; 03-30-2018, 04:52 AM.

• mcubed476
        mcubed476 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks paracelsus! In my 1st journal I posted every other day it seemed. I decided simple weekly posts were best for me. If anything bad happens during the grow, I'll take the time to ask questions about how it should be handled (assuming research doesn't give me the answers first.), but if everything is going really well, I don't have too much to report lol.

I'm loving the smoke! Smell and taste of blue dream reminds me of lemon cake, a strain my buddy grew. Haven't tested the sour hound yet!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X