• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost there UrbZ .

Comment

Journal Entry

Days 97 - 100 ) Nothing Done
      Day 101 (Day 43 of Flower) ) Fed all 3 plants their final dose of nutes. Went by the AN expert grower feeding chart. Used every nute recommend from the line for this week at 100% strength. pH in was 5.5 and ppm's in were 1050. Did not water til runoff, I am not too entirely worried about the root zone pH on these plants for the rest of the grow. Levels have been pretty consistent in these plants from the start. Water in low come out high everytime. I also do not want to add to much humidity at this point in flower..

Now waiting for some swelling to happen. I've got browning and curling (25% or so) hairs and the beginnings of a few milky triches. I would say 10% milky to 90% clear. I am a bit miffed about the bud size. I would have expected to see a bit of swelling already. But Im not gonna sweat it. Ill be happy to make it to my first harvest. Just something else I will be able to improve upon.

Just a small note, there has not been 1 new dead leaf in either tent since the issues arose. One more thing down I always know to look for. Weight is lifted.. lol Urkle is still ugly though..
      Last edited by UrbZ; 03-08-2018, 09:08 PM.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Journal Entry

Days 102 - 104 ) Nothing Done
        Day 105 (Day 47 of Flower) ) All 3 plants got a gallon of r/o with 2 tbsp of dissolved Turbinated brown sugar. pH in was 5.6 didn't water until runoff. pH runoffs have been pretty consistant. Not too worried about it shifting at this point.

New digital microscope will be here tomorrow. Triche picrures tomorrow night hopefully.

​​​​​​​

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          @Chefbjy

Thanks for the compliment man. Triche shots are up.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great pics, great plants !

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dutch. You, canuck and d.a.a.s got me on track at the start and made it all possible!

Journal Entry

Day 47 of flower trichome close ups.
        Last edited by UrbZ; 03-12-2018, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
          RosettaStoned commented
          Editing a comment
          Love those close ups! Which scope did you get?

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Almost ready, actually any time now depending on the type of effect/high you want.

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutchman1

I am looking for super racy high with these ladies.

Hey there my fellow fan-o-phile! Looking real good those buds and frost!

Skimmed the journal and what really caught my attention is that you fed 1300ppm at one point. Isn't that Extremely high? Just curious
        Current grow:

Dutch Passion 10x Auto Mazar and 7x Auto Ultimate, 2x Big Bang Auto by Greenhouse Seeds, 1x Auto Kush by Seedsman

SETUP

20L, 18L & 16L fabric pots, 20L Air pots
        Coco 100%
        CANNA Coco A+B and all CANNA additives + Sensi cal mag
        2x 600W HPS + 1000W HPS 24\0 light schedule.
        Drip feed system run to waste

First and current journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah this is my first grow. I did have a single plant I started from bag seed about a month before these 3 but that was hermie. 2 weeks into flower. Have not made a harvest yet though.

The nute levels are something I still have much reasearch to do about. But the way I see it if you aren't getting burn than your not hurting them. I have got the point were I feel a bit of nute burn is kinda good. Tells me my plants threshhold for incoming ppm.

• Bartholomew
          Bartholomew commented
          Editing a comment
          I see. Yeah bag seed suck. My first grow was just flat out awful due to using bag seed.

Regarding ppm, unless there are benefits in filling the plants up to the max possible, I find that it's wasteful and inefficient using too many nutrients. Less is more i believe. But I might be wrong.
          I try to use as little as possible. Just to fix deficiencies. In my exp, too high ppm causes lock outs and weird ph problems. Lower ppm is playing on the safe side.
          GWE guide also states 800ppm max. Deficiencies are also easier to manage and fix.
          GWE guide also says that nute burn might also slow down growth (a little?) and lower yields.
          Anyways, same here, still in the process of learning. I hope your grow will be successful

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah the only problem I see with that is when using AN's line even at 1/2 doses of food say at week 4 of veg are already over 1000 ppm in r/o when using full line. I think part of it is what makes up my ppm. I am using the full line so its not all npk ppm if Im thinking correctly. Some ppm is silica, some is cal/mag, some is benificial bacteria, some are sugars, ect.. So my ppm isnt entirely made up of the main 3.

I think say if I mixed only the 3 part and came out at 1800 ppm that would be excessive. But I could be wrong, still have research to do.

Chefbjy

Yeah I am trying to be good and let them go as long as possible. But I will be happy just like you said with 100% cloudy, should be most potent thc. I am playing with 3 other strains that are mainly indica, those strains will be my narcotic night time smokes. This will be my make thru a whole day of landscaping smoke.😁

Thank you for the kind words.

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats my issue as well. I smoke a ton and I work 2 jobs in the summer. So I need minimul stash of narcotic for before bed but alot of buzzy to keep me going thru my 18 hour days sometimes. Being only 30 and having broken my neck twice the pain gets to be a lot when I work my long doubles I need the best to kill the pain and keep me going at the same time.

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          I hear ya bone spur in my neck twisted spine in my lower back. Insomnia anxiety depression add ocd...5 years off meds thanks to mmj.

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I cant do the opiods I dont like not being able to use the restroom and the pain that comes along with it from the meds. MJ does everything I need!

Bartholomew

As you can see I use a lot of additives. Thats why like I said I may have high ppm but its not just npk. Maybe why I see no issues. Perhaps I will make a full batch of nutes at 100% of all additives just to see what the ppm is..

Comment

• Bartholomew
          Bartholomew commented
          Editing a comment
          Additives usually don’t add much ppm, at least for Canna brand. Yeah try making a 100% only additives solution. Exclude additives and bloom enhancers that have high npk ratio. For example I use Sensi cal mag in addition to canna additives and base nutes. Sensi cal mag has npk 4-0-0 Which really classifies as a nutrient not an additive in my opinion due to high N. Once you have mixed additives together, then start balancing The rest to get that 800ppm.

I usually start with additives, mix, then add cal mag, mix, then bloom enhancers, mix and lastly base nutes. Base nutes are The ones you usually add less than on The chart in case your 800ppm max bubble wants to burst.

STILL, that’s The way I personally do it and I might be wrong.

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          AN suggestes following the order on the chart. Also if you change levels it messes up the pH perfect. You have to adjust everything equally.

Each line is different though. I will have to check out your grows. If its working for ya keep on going the same path.

What is the minimum # of days I can go in between flush and harvest? Flush was last night at around midnight.

Comment

• UrbZ
          UrbZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a good ole conversation. This is one of the things I have come to like about growing though. The many different ways and approaches to doing it. With all sorts of results. We are all headed for the same goal, but at the same time taking the most efficient and easy or difficult path for oneself to get there.

• Locrian99
          Locrian99 commented
          Editing a comment
          Back in October when I decided to try growing and started looking on this site. I read techniques like defoliating and manifolding and thought I’ll never be doing any of this stuff I just want thevplant to make it to harvest and get some bud. Thanks to these conversations I realized not trying this stuff you’ll never get any better. Great way to push ourselves to do better. And prevent major screw ups.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Locrian99
          Absolutely. It is a great community and one of my favorite parts about growing. I think I learn something everyday here!

So I have a bit of worries about this harvest now. Checked the dryness of my several chopped buds I took. They literally shriveled to nothing. Wet they weighed 7.7 gs. Today put them on the scale they only weighed barely 2gs. If I had pulled off some smaller larfly I would get it, but I didnt I pulled mid level tops. None of my branches are sagging under the weight of buds, nor have I had to tie anything up. I dunno if this is do to strong healthy stalks or no bud weight. Don't get me wrong I will be happy with making it to final harvest, but it just doesnt seem like I got any bulk. When I squeeze my biggest tops they feel mostly leafy with a bit of bud in the middle. live and learn.

To be honest though I think I may only get a few ounces off 7 plants. Not good at all... Almost a waste of my grow I feel. Its going to be a lot of time, effort and money for a crappy take. Only time will tell. Just something sitting in the back of my mind now. Hoping I am way off base. But it seems this is the direction I am going.

Comment

Dood. We're still pretty new at this, and kinda like with flying, "any landing you can walk away from is a good one", I think any grow that you can smoke some of it is a good one. I like to think of the deferred yield as "tuition", next time will be far better. Congratulations are still well deserved for getting buds hanging in your closet. And yes dry weight is usually 20-35% of wet weight.

My first grow with GalaxyHydro300s came out with fluffy buds that were totally not dense. They were about as dense as marshmallows. The smoke was rich and thick and extra greasy, and got me pretty toasted, and burned away to almost no ash whatsoever. I think that's what the smaller, blurple LEDs produce. My next grow was under a Roleadro 400watt COB with the GH300s along side. Much more dense.

My LC315 really does seem to grow the buds fatter and FASTER.
          Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• RosettaStoned
            RosettaStoned commented
            Editing a comment
            What cob model roleadro? They have two on Amazon, the cree is like $170 and they use the cxa model. I bet it still does a good job, better than monos.

Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
          Dood. We're still pretty new at this, and kinda like with flying, "any landing you can walk away from is a good one", I think any grow that you can smoke some of it is a good one. I like to think of the deferred yield as "tuition", next time will be far better. Congratulations are still well deserved for getting buds hanging in your closet. And yes dry weight is usually 20-35% of wet weight.

My first grow with GalaxyHydro300s came out with fluffy buds that were totally not dense. They were about as dense as marshmallows. The smoke was rich and thick and extra greasy, and got me pretty toasted, and burned away to almost no ash whatsoever. I think that's what the smaller, blurple LEDs produce. My next grow was under a Roleadro 400watt COB with the GH300s along side. Much more dense.

My LC315 really does seem to grow the buds fatter and FASTER.
          Don't get me wrong I am super happy to finally make it to a harvest and actually have some of my own bud to smoke upon. I completely understand that its going to take some time to get great results. By no means was I thinking of getting pounds off this grow. But to be honest I might get lucky and get 2 oz dried of each torpedo. But I figure the other 4 will be right around 1 oz a plant.dried.

Really the only reason it hurts so bad is because of my failed first grow. I was hoping these ladies helped make up for the cherry pie. Ive been growing since october, my bills and grow costs are far outweighing what my return will be to make it to one harvest. Ive basically vegged 2 tents for 6 months and flowered 2 tents for 4.5 months and havent had any return. Thats alot of soil, nutes and electricity invested. plus the 70$ for the seeds themselves and my time.

I am right with you on the lights. My blurple king 1000s made less dense nugs compared to my 1800 cob. The drawback is major footprint loss and height restrictions. Which the kings do not have. I can get them much closer like by feet and they have a way better footprint.

I have been thinking very hard about some LEC's.

Thanks Dingus my friend.

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Its very common to overestimate what were going to get on a harvest.I know ive done it, everyone does it, but I think you'll get more than you think. Your buds look great UrbZ

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            I sure hope you are right Dutch. Fingers crossed that I am way under shooting myself. TBH 14 ozs would be okay. If I can hit 2 average apiece across the board that would be satisfactory.

Ah i feel ya man! Hopefully you are Under shooting. Ever thought of scrogging? You don’t have to scrog all The way to harvest. I scrogged for about 3-4 weeks once around 80% of The trellis was filled, then removed The scrog because I Ran out of room and had to temporarily water by hand. To my surprise the structure of The plants was perfect. An evenish canopy. Yes some plants were a bit taller than others But No biggie. The result was extremely bushy plants with 10+ main colas per plant. I scrogged in addition to LST and defol.

Anyways, your buds look really Nice and Frosty! Rooting for ya!
          Current grow:

Dutch Passion 10x Auto Mazar and 7x Auto Ultimate, 2x Big Bang Auto by Greenhouse Seeds, 1x Auto Kush by Seedsman

SETUP

20L, 18L & 16L fabric pots, 20L Air pots
          Coco 100%
          CANNA Coco A+B and all CANNA additives + Sensi cal mag
          2x 600W HPS + 1000W HPS 24\0 light schedule.
          Drip feed system run to waste

First and current journal: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...th-drip-system

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            I have thought of scrogging a few times. I think I would go about it a bit different if I did. I think I would go 10 gallon fabric pots and do 1 massive plant per tent like 2.5 or 3 months veg.to comletely fill it.

These 3 plants were actually trained pretty well. They all 3 stayed level within themselves. 2 of the plants are about the same height. The other is shorter stature. But also has way different bud formations.

These next few days ill know for sure. Im looking at possibly sunday to harvest, at least 4 of the plants. Ive got to get my tents emptied. 1 to dry and 1 to start the next grow. Hopefully between now and then they will bulk up a bit more. They have 1 watering left in them.

Thats what I like best UrbZ, less cost for seeds, soil, time, watering,nutes, etc. Scrog with one or two big plants is the balls. Thats what I usually try to do I use 15 -20 gallon fabric pots ( Picture not scrog, lol )

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            That does seem like a lot at once. lol. my head would be spinning.

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats a sexy plant too dutch.

• Bartholomew
            Bartholomew commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, OD on manual labor, lol.
            +1 on the plant, looks majestic!

Now you could also do a SOG and put like 16 plants in a 4x4 area in 1-2 gallon pots. Autos would work well for that. But I like a nice photo and do 6-8 week veg and then they flower at there own rate.

Comment

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Ive seen a few people take this route as well. Im with you I think I would like to do 1 or 2 photos over a sog.

Journal Entry

Days 106 - 107 ) Nothing Done
          Day 108 (Day 50 of flower) ) Watered 1 gallon with dissolved Turbinated Brown sugar at 5.8 pH. Still avoiding runoff with this high of rh at this crucial point to stay a bit dryer. Second water in only within a week.

First signs of amber showed up on one of my girls tonight. My plan is to harvest on Sunday. I figure they will be perfect by then. They are all 3 about 100% cloudy now. Ot will also be 8 days since initial flush. I figure the perfect time to harvest this pheno. Just so happens that sunday is 54 days. Almost exactly as suggested time frame by the breeder which was 55.

I am still debating whether or not to water one more time. If I let them go til dry I should have a shorter dry time before the cure.
          Last edited by UrbZ; 03-14-2018, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• Chefbjy
            Chefbjy commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice can't wait to see them hanging.

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You doing a dark period or no?

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Dutchman1

I am letting them go from Friday at 2 am until I harvest on Sunday afternoon sometime. So maybe 30-36 hours of dark. If they are fully ready that is still trying to be patient.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X