No announcement yet.

Cronk's 1st Grow - 315 CMH and Coco - Strains are Candida (CD-1) & Jack Herrer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shit, in fact most of them are clear but many are amber clear too, not many milky ones.

Because it;s a low thc strain would the milky not appear so much and it would go from clear to amber?

Should I flush? I was thinking I'd get another week at least
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Jack Herer is mostly cloudy with about 3-5% amber. very little clear. edit, rechecked other spots for more than 5%, I

I do see the cloudy in the Candida, its just at the base of the top bulb part, not the whole trichome.

Here's my decision right or wrong because I need to get other work done and I don;t want to waste what little THC is in the Candida in CBN conversion. I have no idea how long it take for a trichome to go from cloudy or clear to amber.

I'm flushing all the plants with Clearex and about 4 to 5 gallons of water. I'll give the Jack a little bit of molasses on the last gallon through and try to keep her going a bit longer.

That's it. all I can do
      Last edited by Cronk; 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM.
      complete beginner
      39" x 39" x 78" tent
      315 Watt CMH
      Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Alright. Final idiocy update for the day

After flailing around and freaking out trying to pull plants out of the tent to flush them, walking through the mud to get buckets of water, I have to build that walkway this spring, running clean water through my pots, clipping plant matter off, trying to see though a $10 microscope, seeing lots of amber....freaking out again, and again and again because I can't really see at all, an image through a $10 microscope is vaporous and fleeting and only leaves you unsure of what you think you may have seen. Shadows in the dead of night

Then
        D.A.A.S.69 is kind enough to tell me that the sugar leaves turn first and that I need to look in the actual bud. I clip some buds apart and sure enough, clear with a little milky.

I re-feed, day totally wasted for work.

weed
        Last edited by Cronk; 02-13-2018, 02:12 PM.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup thanks.

it was an attempt at humor after a weird day. This is the learning grow, or the first of many I should say. After that I am looking into auto feed systems. hand watering is not good for my situation

the thing about the microscope is that you see opposite left to right & up to down. so It's tricky to get it focused on what you need to see

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Humor, eh? Hope I didn't make a weird day weirder!! ;-} You'll get this down to a science.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh my, I do that shit all the time too. OMG, Amber Alert! START CUTTING!! wait wait wait, relax...

Jack Herer bud I think these will get phat
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          DingusKhan I thought exactly the same thing! Got me more excited about the little seed that just popped its head up!
          Cronk Nice!

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          It just looks big because I zoomed in. Thank, though. I think it looks juicy

DingusKhan & Campesino yours will def get that big and bigger. My plant is but 16" tall and I didn't water often enough. you guys will do much better. I think I'll get under 2 ounces but it will be strong

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Cronk You did something right! The ends validate the means!

Going to start flushing the Candida today proper. I'm not going to water to much runoff, just plain ph'd water with enzyme. I think I have 1 or two weeks to go so hopefully I'll time it right now

The Jack will get ripen nutes and weak base for another week and maybe flush after that
        Last edited by Cronk; 02-14-2018, 03:48 PM.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I ain't worried about you Alltatup, i know you gone git em at the right time. Lol
          I'm on grow me another one of them Afghan Kushes, i swear i believe its the best we ever smoked round my house, that's what my friends say too. I told them deadasses, they was gone have to grow their own sh-t. An leave mine the f-ck alone. lol.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 To paraphrase the furry freak brothers, Friends will get you through times with weed, but then where do they go?

I say charge em at the door, DAAS!!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't that the f-ckin truth, but that's pure Dee laziness, when they want even try to grow them some. They always want to help you at harvest time, too. Ain't that some sh-t.

Day 48 flower

feeding every day like I should have been all along. Learned a big lesson with that, ie, waiting till the pots get dry has killed my bud size while raising the ppm in the pot. no water, higher concentration of nutes, buildup, no liquid to deliver them to the plants, low yields. My over-watering phase really spooked me so I took the dry pot suggestion to heart and didn't move past it through flower. Once the roots filled the pot they were ready to be watered every day. Also, my next medium will have more perlite, I think I used only 20% this time.

So, I'm feeding every day at 500 ppm just MaxiBloom, Kool Bloom powder & enzymes until I see good trichomes then I'll water every day with enzymes and water.

runoff is under 700 for now so running plain water will easily flush out the pots if I allow a week of that, I hope, if the grow goes longer I'll drop the concentration again.

Bud size remains small so I'm just trying to get through this grow to start the next. Luckily I did a pretty good job with the manifolds so there are lots of bud sites. I'm going to place a bet that I get 1-1.5 ounces per plant. I'd be happy with that, I can't possible smoke an ounce per month, can I?

Next up is 3 Dinafem Industrial CBD Autos

I may try and build a top feed system for that but I'll probably wait till summer when I'm not growing so I can tweak it just right. I'm eyeballing a FloraFlex system. It's real nice but I think I'd be able to do the same thing for less with a not so slick DIY package.

Ok, lets eat
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Excellent insights, excellent learning, Cronk!!! That's what we do.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          word, thanks. alltatup

even though I'm doing my flush soon, my buds have responded to daily watering with new growth. not only in size but also fresh hairs and new green mass. I really think they would have been huge had I changed up my watering schedule at the beginning of flower.

I went ahead and ordered all the parts for my drip feed system so I;m psyched to get it in action with the next grow.

as an ex band mate used to say, "live and loin"
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Dutchman1, I'm in week 8 now, maybe a week and a half? trichs are still clear though, amber on the outsides.
          DingusKhan, I think as long as your coco is mixed with about 30% perlite and your roots are filling the pots you;re safe to water every day, or that's my take away from my 1st experience. Still, experienced growers here still wait till the pots are dry on top per Nebula's method. I'm going to take to watering 2 or 3 times a day next grow but only about 2 pints or so. I'll have to wait and see how it works out.
          Campesino, it's tough to tell what effects what. that's cool that you noticed a change right away. I may wait till mid week to flush. I'm a bit unsure about how long it takes for trichomes to turn and for a flush to finish. I know that a few buds that I've removed and dried have given me a headache after smoking. could be something else but I dunno.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cronk,No offense but if your in day 48 flower how do you get 8 weeks in flower? 7x7=49 thats 7 weeks so two to four weeks left depending on the strain. Some strains even longer.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Cronk Yes, I agree with your comments about watering Coco. Not sure why you'd want to go 2-3 times per day (perhaps if you had smallish pots), but it wouldn't be a problem for my plants if I watered like you are proposing. Waiting for coco to get dry defeats much of the purpose of growing in coco. I have found that 1quart/day/5 gallons of medium is a good baseline guide for water needs in my set-up.
          Also, agree that you may need more time than you are planning... Be sure to look at Trics on buds not sugar leaves.

Dutch, maybe I'm counting it wrong. I need to look at my calender again.

Camp, I've been watching youtube growers watering multiple times a day with huge yields. Something about the coco holding the perfect ratio of water/nutrients and oxygen right at the roots, never letting it go dry at all, as long as the mix is right, they will drink. Imma try it with 3 gal pots next
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, yes, and yes
          I have been saying that around here for a while... I never let my coco get dry. It holds the right amount of o2 even when at field capacity (saturated). I am in 7 gallon bags, so watering multiple times per day hasn't been required frequently. About a dozen times I have given a booster gallon on the off cycle. (My main watering is about 2 gallons total)
          Nutrients loads are up to you... I have not been able to give nutrients at Nebula's ratios more than once every other day. When I do two waterings there is a main and a boost and the boost is always just Cal Mag. You'll have to determine that based on your plants... GG4 is notorious for not wanting a lot of nutes.
          I support you fully in your plan!

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW I am closer to 50/50 Coco/Perlite
          About 5 qts perlite per 650g (dry)Coco.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally. Coco is hydroponic. As long as you have Oxygen, you can keep them pretty wet, just nott waterlogged.

Dutchman1 I'm into 8 weeks, Day 51 today. 2 days in per my count. So could be 1-3 weeks left depending?
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exciting time! Thats when ya know your going to make it no matter what ( well pretty much no matter what) Grats Cronk.

Still on the "ripen" nute schedule.

I keep telling myself to start flushing but I second guess that. The 2 Indica Candida phenos look close with some amber and lots of cloudy, the Sativa pheno looks a bit behind. The Jack is still largely clear with some cloudy trichs. Still, using the loupe is iffy.

I'm thinking I'll flush the 2 Indica Candidas first at the end of the week and continue to feed the Sativa pheno and the Jack

The Sativa pheno remains wispy with small thin buds, not really filling out. The Indicas are getting fuller, fatter and super juicy. I def. think that I nute burned the hairs on these two because large areas of them remain brown in clusters while new hairs still poke through

Jack is filling in nicely and getting fatter. The smell is intense

On another note, I've been getting massive headaches after working in the tent each time, seriously debilitating ones. I got some cheap Apollo glasses and they help but not great. I ordered some giant UV400 Ski goggles that should come today. Space Gardening. I ope they work. Anyone else get these headaches from lights?
        Last edited by Cronk; 02-22-2018, 08:33 PM.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I get such bad headaches that I NEVER open the tent when lights are on!
          I can only enter the tent twice each day. At the end of light, I flip them off a couple minutes early to empty drain and pull reflectors, making sure that tent is sealed on time for Dark. At end of dark, I keep lights off and do my training supporting and watering. Usually steal 5 minutes of light at the end of light and 30 minutes at end of dark. My time comes at the expense of the lights, not at the expense of darkness.
          I cannot imagine working in there when the lights are on!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they all look awesome.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks all. I swear they only look big without context. here's a context shot below

I got the goggles today, they work, no headache so far
          Last edited by Cronk; 02-22-2018, 09:42 PM.

I have a Jack going too, about 4 weeks in the flower tent. I just figured out that I had my LEDs too close. It didn't look like it was getting "burnt" real fast, but the leaves were coming in curly and miniaturized, the buds were browning up too early and staying tiny, especially in the middle of the plant. The buds on the periphery were getting big, white puff-ball looking like normal, healthy growing buds, so I knew I was screwing it up, just slowly.

I set up my new LEC 315, and now I can see my buds in normal light, and they look like the burnt buds are starting to grow new, white pistils again.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          that sucks but I'm sure new growth will fill in. I've kept my LEC 18" from canopy during flower. Where are you now?

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I hung it up on Tuesday night. It's at about 22 inches now. I wanted to take it easy on the burnt buds for a while to let them recover. Unfortunately, I got the Neutron reflector, which is lower profile because it holds the bulb horizontally, and I only have a 5 foot tall tent, and I don't have much room to raise it higher.

It's up high enough now, or at least I believe so since the burnt buds are starting to grow new pistils and fatten. But I do feel like an idiot for roasting my girls with (2) 300watt LEDs about 15 inches high for 3 weeks. That was just a little too much.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds about right. FYI, you don;t need to lower your LEC to below 15" above. Remember that when it;s low the focus and penetration is great but only in the center. If you pull it back some you still get great penetration but it spreads it out to the edges of your tent. up to a 3x3

complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Juicy!

And nice glasses, I've got the apollo ones too, but they're that weird green that makes LED blurple light look almost natural. I need to get some that cut out the UV, the brightness, but still true to color. How are those?

And now that there's room between the canopy and the lights, I also have to start wearing a hat when I poke into the tent.

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          They're not expensive, 20 bucks on Amazon. They claim to block 100% UVA, UVB, UVC & Blue light. The don't look look blue blockers. More like dimmed light, a little bit grey but still decent color. They fit over my glasses

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You kinda look like Jeff Goldblum in "The Fly" in those glasses...

Well, I don't know.

been flushing for a week. water, molasses and enzymes. OR water and Enzymes. switching so as to not build up a sugar mess in the soil.

seems the Jack has a while to go, trichs are not turning amber at all, clear and cloudy.

Candida is hanging in too, Lots of amber on the sugar leaves, some in the buds. Not a whole lot of cloudy. I may take them down this weekend or wait another few days. I'm ready to move on to the next grow, srsly.

These buds sure did fatten up though. Some are real curvy girls. nice. Having them all out of the tent like this is incredibly fragrant.
        Last edited by Cronk; 03-02-2018, 06:03 PM.
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah man.

• GreenhouseEffect
          GreenhouseEffect commented
          Editing a comment
          Man those are some beautiful colas Cronk.
          Which is the Candida? I have a CD-1 baby going right now, and some Jack herer seeds burning a hole in the fridge, for when some Auto's are done.
          Cracking me up Alltatup!
          Miss 'ol Tom Petty for sure, hope he's smoking a dooby in heaven.....

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey GreenhouseEffect, thanks much. The Jack is the smaller plant in front to of the machinery. the rest are Candida. The Candida are incredibly bushy and need to be trimmed often to keep the colas powered. Side branching and tons of leaf growth will take them over. Lollipopping helps a great deal but not too low. Be sure to use enough silica. The main stems are thin and floppy, can't handle the weight of the buds.

The Jack on the other hand is very strong and thick. Short but dense. This one doesn't side stem off much. The colas stay straight and get fat.

These Candidas are coming down today
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

2 Indica phenos were full of buds, so much from each of those plants. I can't tell how much they'll yield, at least a couple of ounces, I'd say. The Sativa pheno was much less and wispy. This one will probably go all into an oil or tincture of some sort, I can't imagine curing all those tiny buds... I need to figure out how to do better than my last Green Dragon. something better.

The Jack is still going. This stuff will hang here in the tent until it;s dry and Ii;ll trim again and put into the jars.

Damn, that was fun. Thanks NebulaHaze for all the instruction on the site. I had no idea that I'd have this much success, what success I did have was due to the great instruction at GWE and the folks on the forum, that;s for damn sure.

I have a ton of medicine now. I'm a pharmacy.
          Last edited by Cronk; 03-04-2018, 08:58 PM.
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome pictures of your harvest!!! You look like you're holding your first child!!

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job man !!!!! I can help you with a nice tincture receipe that is pure and tastes good. PM me.

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Fatty fatty bumbleaddy

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X