Lucky Acres Grow Journal - 9 Autos with LEC Grow Lights - 11/8/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DingusKhan View Post
    You could use a hose. For the hydro. Not the soil.
    I do ... when it’s not frozen! 😅🤙🏻👍🏻Plus the water coming out of the hose is too cold most of the time. Tonight I had to use a 49f mix but it feels way too cold...
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasn't that late freeze some shit? You guys got hit pretty good, we got an uncharacteristically picturesque dusting of snow down here.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey Lucky I have a sink in the front cellar and I hooked up a filter to it. I found where to turn the faucets to get the right temp range ,I found little or no chlorine in it at this time maybe it the temps.But I hear ya just cant bring myself to pour 45% water on the girls

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey guys, I use an electric tea pot to heat up a couple cups of water and add it to my bucket to get water temps up to 70-72°. Doesn't take but a few seconds.

Originally posted by Californiakid View Post
    Hey guys, I use an electric tea pot to heat up a couple cups of water and add it to my bucket to get water temps up to 70-72°. Doesn't take but a few seconds.
    Might need to do that but I’m mixing 12gal at a time, might buy an aquarium heater instead...
    x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Californiakid
      Californiakid commented
      Editing a comment
      It doesn't take much boiling water to warm up 12 gal. You'll be surprised the first couple of times, and end up having to add cold water to cool it off. But the aquarium heater would warm a reservoir, and hold he temp. Good luck

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just so done carrying buckets across! 😂

Originally posted by Paracelsus View Post
    oldjarhead100 Here is the article from the California breeders Association that they published in 2012.
    I just bought Build A Soil V3 of this recipe with some modern update amended to the original recipe. I’m going to be testing it out with some Ocean Grown genetics. The article is in titled “the lowdown on dirt”.

http://www.cbagenetics.com/the-low-down-on-dirt/
    Great article man! Thank you! Happened to be at the library later on that day and cleared up half the shelf on composting and teas!

Comment

• Paracelsus
      Paracelsus commented
      Editing a comment
      I just down loaded for free from the New York Public Library to books on the science behind living so I’ll. They only have two available for each one but maybe you can tie into a university library system that has some available you can even get the reader for free from the library as a download

Teaming with microbes the organic gardener's guide to the soil food web / Jeff Lowenfels & Wayne Lewis ; foreword by Elaine Ingham

&
      Teaming with nutrients the organic gardener's guide to plant nutrition / Jeff Lowenfels

• LuckyAcres
      LuckyAcres commented
      Editing a comment
      I already have the second book, need to read it still...

As buds keep on curing here’s a quick smoke report on these 4 strains.
    Northern Lights...out! Litterally. almost out of it but it’s been my sleep meds it’s so good! Flavors are fruity, smells mango like, smoke not as smooth due to the hippie trim I gave this strain, too many trichs, had to leave them there!!!
    Tyrone Special: #itshammertime! Seriously! Real smooth smoke, gets my brain buzzing, built a diy on it, focus was extreme, watched tv on it, couldn’t move...great strain!
    Blue Kush: it’s been my morning coffee! Great sativa high, busy but not sweating. Gets better with age this one. Great smoke as well, kush flavors(you know!), it makes happy...
    Mazar. Smoke it. 20 min later, enjoy the block of concrete coming down! No getting out of the way on time, it comes and it crashes... good night...

Curing the way I did, drying rack, paper bags then jars is the shiiit as far as I’m concerned. Second time i do it and it’s cut back so much on burping jars and it’s been getting me great smokes! The grower who passed it on to me deserves all the credit for it.

The last lady is still drying, cut 10 days ago. This second northern lights is so fluffy I’ll most likely turn her into hash.
    So another few days and I’ll have final weights for the whole grow.
    Cheers!

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats bruh! Thanks for a great report.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBBC65E2-6927-415D-BB7F-76772B9DE399.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	180610 $9, Amazon. Problem solved! Even arrived a day early...

Comment

Smoke report part b... the second northern lights is finally ready for trimming after 2 weeks drying... very leafy and fluffy... was gonna trim her right now but then that was before trying her... can’t move much now... damn that’s a lot of indicas this time around, gonna be a mellow kinda spring...

Comment

New alien anal probe?
          My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
          The universities do not teach all things, so a doctor must seek out old wives, gipsies, sorcerers, wandering tribes, old robbers, and such outlaws and take lessons from them. He who is born in imagination discovers the latent forces of Nature. . . . Besides the stars that are established, there is yet another -- Imagination -- that begets a new star and a new heaven.

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Close! But not quite! 😂

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            LuckyAcres how do those work and how long does it take to heat 5 gallon bucket of water, do they have a temp switch so they turn off

• Paracelsus
            Paracelsus commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 they usually have a thermostat

Nice lucky! I'm sick of hauling buckets myself, I'm trying to find the part in my contract that says senior citizens don't have to carry water buckets! So far I haven't found it! Dammit! Just started a dwc grow. I used the hose now!
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• LuckyAcres
            LuckyAcres commented
            Editing a comment
            Found that loophole huh!? 😂🤙🏻🤙🏻

• Sonnyhad
            Sonnyhad commented
            Editing a comment
            Now I'm up to my eyeballs in reading !

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
          LuckyAcres how do those work and how long does it take to heat 5 gallon bucket of water, do they have a temp switch so they turn off
          Took about 12hrs to go from 55 to 70, for 12gallons... yup thermostat included, it’s made for fish after all...🤙🏻

Comment

Ladies and gents this journal is now complete. The last of this grow is trimmed, dried and bagged. The second northern lights yielded 133grams. Check out the totals below. Not bad for a total of 3.5 months of growth across 9 auto plants and 4 strains. Thanks y’all for hanging out! It’s been a blast as always! Cheers!
            Click image for larger version  Name:	E9EDA244-4D09-4913-9161-9FC5EA17B9C5.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	181518
            Click image for larger version  Name:	132D5C7C-2BB6-4445-B1EA-2C4754348AB0.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.99 MB ID:	181517
            Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats!! Awesome haul.

• Sonnyhad
              Sonnyhad commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice, but is it any good? I guess I'm gonna have to come out there and see.

good job Lucky now its time to reep the rewards
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• LuckyAcres
              LuckyAcres commented
              Editing a comment
              Major reaping going on for sure!💨💨💨💨 quality control is serious business

• Sonnyhad
              Sonnyhad commented
              Editing a comment
              For sure Lucky, that's one area that must never be taken lightly, that quality control is some picky business! I get my note pad out to take meticulous notes, then I get started and can't remember which strain I just tried! I'm still stuck at the quality control job seems like for months now!😱

Originally posted by Sonnyhad View Post
            Very nice, but is it any good? I guess I'm gonna have to come out there and see.
            Yup gonna have to... no other choice...

Comment

I have missed so much while i was gone,i loved reading quickly through this!!Amazing nugs Lucky,so much want your grow room/setup for a good run Well done matie!
              4x "The Church" ~ 1x "Choco Haze"|Hydro/Soil|600w MH/HPS
              -
              Auto v1.0|Purple Strains|Hydro/Soil|600w MH/HPS
              "All things are here for purpose and when they are explored by humans they give back and gift humans.
              So if you would, open your mind to the idea that Earth grows things that allow you to understand her in greater detail.

Feel Earth, communicate with Earth and trust Earth.”

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X