Kobayashi's 1st Grow - Biobizz Nutrients and Viparspectra LED - CBD Nordle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kobayashi's 1st Grow - Biobizz Nutrients and Viparspectra LED - CBD Nordle

I thought I’d start a grow journal as I can’t tell anyone about my grow and it’s driving me mad!

I’m growing one CBD Nordle plant in Biobizz light mix with their grow and bloom nutes. It’s my first grow in a long time, I’m growing in a tent with a Viparspectra 450 (200w) LED. I’ve set up a carbon filter with an extractor fan, I’ve got a couple of clip on fans for air movement and an oil filled radiator to keep it all warm as I’m growing in an unheated garage and it will get down to freezing in the next couple of months.

The plant is now nearly 4 weeks from seed and I’ve just started to build the manifold - thanks for the tutorial Nebula! I’ll add a few more photos as I go.

Im in for the ride !

Comment

Id be concerned that the oil filled radiator wont be able to keep the temperature high enough in that large an area.

Comment

It’s in the tent which is 1m2x 2m tall. Temps are stable 22-24c with ambient temps at 10c

Comment

Everything looks good dude, welcome to the forum
          The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Looks great to me also, happy growing. And again ,welcome to GWE, Kobayashi
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

Kobayashi, Ditto to what you said, ' I can’t tell anyone about my grow and it’s driving me mad!' I, too, have a illegal home grow and can't talk to anyone about it, so I come to this site, where there are so many of us. It feels great to share our successes and eases the pain to share our failures. And, whether success or failure, we learn something we can share to perhaps help others in their grows.

I recently switched from CFLs to a VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light. I love this light.

Good luck with you grow!

I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
              Blue Mystic (7 gal)
              VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
              Coco Coir w/30% perlite
              Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                Well said Dagmar

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                lol yes i feel the same way and same situation dagmar

The not telling anyone is hardest part of the grow for me, well, that and the level of patience required - not something I have in abundance I’m afraid. I can’t even tell my wife at the moment, it’s important that if I did get caught that she couldn’t be implicated in any way as she’s a doctor and would be in very serious trouble professionally. I also work in healthcare and would probably get struck off if caught - ridiculous for growing a plant but there you go.

Thanks for your interest, I’ll update this thread once a week with a picture of how things are coming along.
              Last edited by Kobayashi; 10-27-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Kobayashi, especially ridiculous considering you are growing a very medicinal strain!! I just ordered some of the CBD Nordle, and once I finish my current grow, I'll be germinating various high-CBD strains.

Nebula's "7 Rules" contains excellent advice for keeping yourself safe:
                http://www.growweedeasy.com/7-rules-...rity-marijuana

But we can talk to our hearts' content here!!!

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                yes its fucking ridiculous!!!! so studpid i hate how the goverment can tell you what to do with your life in this so called free country.. you can go put your life on the line for your country at 18 but go to jail for smoking or growing a plant? fucking controlling greedy ass bs goverment!!!

I’m adhering to the 7 rules to the letter, sound advice.

I’m doing this grow primarily as I suffer from an auto immune arthritic disease called ankylosing spondylitis, it affects my spine, causing it to slowly fuse. I’ve spent the last 10 Year’s on prescription painkillers, mainly codeine based that I am now dependent on. I’m gradually weaning myself off them as I feel they are really damaging my health and I’m tired of having a monkey on my back. Opiate addiction is no joke. I’m really hoping I can find the relief I need from this strain, if not then I’ll try a few others. If it doesn’t help then at least I’ll have growing and sampling what I’ve grown.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                The usual suspects: opiates, big pharma, politicians and corporations all lining each others' pockets. Lots of folks on this forum have gone through the same.

You might want to check out my Topic on
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ylator-machine
                because I am totally serious about starting to make my own medicines that have been carefully decarbed and can be taken in sublingual and tincture form. I've been researching CBD for a couple of months now, and I've learned a lot that I want to put into practice! I am convinced that when I find my right medicine, I can easily give up the SSRI I've been on since the 90s.

• freddyyola
                freddyyola commented
                Editing a comment
                hey kobay i feel ya bro opiate addiction is a fucking scam to keep fuckers in big pharma rich and big pharma pays off all kinds political people that can make changes happen.. i battle addiction my self i was really bad off using 250 - 350 worth of opana and roxies everyday for years... finally im off that but had to switch to methadone.. im still addicted but the lifestyle is better than chasing drugs everyday and spending all my money at the clinic i pay 14 a day and it keeps my good for 24 hours i can afford it i can get a job and work on it without spendng my entire paycheck on pills to get high / not sick i dont need any one to judge me but im doing better now i hope to get off methadone and just smoke bud... maybe once i can get enough smoke i can make some oils and see ifitll help me ween off the sickness that conmes with withdrawals also ui wanna grow a high cbd strain to see if it helps with my back pain and withdrawals too!! worst part of opiate addiction for me was wasting 5 6 years of my life high nodding out / being sick i as a real deal junkie became something i always looked down on!

Thanks alltatup, just checked it out & looks interesting. I was planning on vaping, maybe using a pax 3. I might try to make some dry ice hash with my trim and see how that goes too. I’ve not smoked any weed for 5 years now & I wouldn’t know where to get some if I wanted to, even if I did it would probably be a high THC strain grown by some gangster - I have no desire to fund organised criminals. For me the only way to try to get something medicinal is to grow it myself. I don’t think I’ll be sampling any of my grow until February at the earliest so it will be a long wait. Hopefully I’ll be off the opiates by then.

Comment

Kobayashi Check out this article, which is mainly a review of the literature, but it talks about how much CBD can assist with withdrawal from drugs like cocaine, heroin and opiates. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...1.01238.x/full
                Anyone can grow shit weed easy. If you want to grow top shelf bud, do your research: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Ask for help from an OG (old grower): https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oup#post525826

Growing since July 21, 2016
                2 BCNL Roommate hydro boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                Grow # 14: C99 & Blue OG (G13 Labs), Triple G (RQS), Afgoo (Coastal Genetics), Godfather OG (DNA Crew), Kosher Kush (Reserva Privada)

Comment

• freddyyola
                  freddyyola commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ima check this out!

Thank you. A very interesting read.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't understand above 30% of it, but I got the gist of the important stuff.

I just broke one of the main branches of my manifold trying to keep the split nice and flat. I’ve taped it up and am hoping for the best. If that side dies I might just go for 4 colas on the other side. Frustrating but I suppose it’s all about making mistakes and learning from them.

Comment

• Vapo69
                  Vapo69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely......hopefully she will regenerate under the tape.....I did my first snap a few weeks back and she bounced back, that branch is now smaller than the rest due to healing time but healed none the less with a flower beginning on her

Morning Kobayashi, I've also noticed the branches that I have broken , I've broken a good many too, seems to have the best smelling and strongest buds on the plant.
                On my outdoor grows I've broken many on purpose over the years, not all the way off the plant though, just wounded real bad, seems like the plant tries to heal those branches with lots more of the good stuff, don't have scientific research to back that up though, just by lots of smoking and comparing. Hope this helps some, and good luck.
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• Kobayashi
                  Kobayashi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’m not too worried about it, I had it taped up within about 10 seconds and it only snapped halfway through. I’ve also ordered some Blus Mystic auto seeds which I’ll grow along side the nordle. They should be ready a few weeks earlier than the nordle which should give me some practice looking at the trichomes and allow me to be a little more patient when it comes to harvesting my main plant.

I know the feeling "cant tell anyone"
                Mammoth 240L grow tent
                2x 600W hps/mh
                1x 400W hps/mh
                1x 250W LE for seeds

currently growing 10x Pineapple express auto "fast buds" in soil

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  DAAS, you made it through to the other side of both hells. YOU DA MAN!!!

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Alltatup, I ain't the man, but I sure know who is the MAN.
                  And you do too.

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Props for your service D.A.A.S.69 War ( military action ) sucks. Ill pray for your peace of mind.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X