No announcement yet.

Red Poison/ Sweet Train wreck (2nd grow) 8.2 oz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning 476, I sure hope your plants are doing well, cause I'm ready to look at those beautiful Red Poison colors again . I gonna try to grow me a couple Red Poison autos my next
    grow.
    4or5. 100watt equivalent cfls for seedlings.
    300 watt, 145watt at the wall. Led for veg.
    315lec for flowering.
    Dug-up Ms.River topsoil with perlite added, using no nutrients but what's in soil.
    1 an 3 gallon SmartPots, using only PHed water at 6.3-6.5 ph. 32x32x63 tent.
    Afghan Kush Ryder from WOS
    Bubblelicious Auto from Nirvana

Comment

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      Their growth certainly isn't slowing down any! It will be a couple weeks at least till we are in flower, but it will happen eventually lol. Gonna try mainlining one of the girls this grow. Everyone else will be getting topped, and LST for all of course.

Did you find a place tall enough to use cobs yet? I have mine at 24" right now

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not yet, I need to get a bigger tent but just to damn lazy to make the call, but I will before long. That was some pretty plants you grew last time.

Hey everyone! Today is day 18 for the lovely ladies!

I've been taking a pic once a day, and plan on compiling a day to day time lapse when all is said and done.

The Trainwrecks (the left two) are growing great! Had a few slight leaf curls, but no spots and good color. Decided to try the manifold technique on one, so I removed everything but the third node. It doesn't seem to be stressed out much at all. I just topped the other one, so it will be a good test run to see if there is a significant difference in their growth and yield.

The red poisons aren't doing as well. One looks really good with the exception of a few spots here and there, but the other one seems to be on it's way out.

One day I went to water and was trying to move the leaves so they wouldn't get water on them. When I did this, the entire plant rotated 180 degrees, which probably resulted in snapping a lot of it's roots off. This was about 4 days ago, and it hasn't recovered yet. I'm still holding out for it though! Just trying to be extra careful with it.

I seriously can't believe the growth of the Trainwreck, it's looking almost perfectly healthy and happy. The tips are slightly droopy, indicating a potential N toxicity, but that's about it.

Until next week y'all!
    Current grow:

4 55w autocobs (150 hps equivalent for each cob)
    Coco
    3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

Pineapple Express (all autos)

3x3x6 grow tent
    GH Flora Nova Bloom/Silica blast/Calmag/Great White

forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159203-bsa-bda-sha-and-grow-3

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...t-grow-journal

​​​​​​forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/135559-red-poison-sweet-trainwreck-grow-number-2

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      mcubed, you broke its neck like in The Exorcist!!! Just kidding. You're checking your pH runoff, right?

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup - that's kinda what it reminded me of! Lol. Yeah, my pH is coming out in between 5.9 and 6.2! Perfect for coco!

Morning 476, They sure look good to me , I'm thinking the RP one thats not growing very well, just got a little stressed and will go back to growing again real soon, at least i hope so, cause I wanna see some more of those beautiful red buds. Good Luck 476.
    315lec for flowering.
    Dug-up Ms.River topsoil with perlite added, using no nutrients but what's in soil.

Comment

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks daas! I think it will bounce back. How's your akr and bubble doing?

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Their doing ok, and thanks for asking.

Hey everyone! Today is day 25 for the big girls, and the little girl is 7 days old.

So last Tuesday I decided to pull the plug on the sick red posion. Upon examination I realized that I had in fact snapped the stalk way down when I went to water at one point. Oopsie... So in her place I put another Trainwreck in because the other two seem to be doing pretty well.

The Trainwreck that is being manifolded is looking pretty good. I plucked the large fan leaves on it and started LST for everyone. You can't really tell in the pic, but the knuckles on the stems are nice and swollen! I really like the manifolding method so far, you have way less bushiness to deal with.

The other girls are doing good too. They are quite bushy, and I have found some wet leaves due to them laying on top of each other. I've been keeping up on it though, and the LST will help keep them away from each other.

The little one is doing well, does anyone think it's a bit tall? I don't think it is yet, but I've never had a problem with too tall of seedlings. Seems to be doing it's thing though.

Until next time, have a great week EVERYONE!
    Current grow:

Coco
    3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

​​​​​​forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/135559-red-poison-sweet-trainwreck-grow-number-2

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They look great, but yes, the little one does look a bit stretched...

• mcubed476
      mcubed476 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought so too. She's not crazy long like I have seen some, but longer than my others have been. The light is higher than it was with the others when they were starting out, so that's probably it. I'll to check on them after my coffee...mmmm.... coffee....

Evening 476, sure hate to hear about Red Poison, I was looking forward to seeing some more of those beautiful red bud pictures.
    Your plants look fine to me , but yours always do look fine.
    Have a great week yourself.
    315lec for flowering.

Comment

They look happy
      Top drip recirculation hydroponics in hydroton

Comment

D.A.A.S.69 - yeah, it was sad to see the red poison go, but I still have one going. The new girl is looking good though!

tvbfe - thanks! They are doing pretty good so far. I think I'm going to up the nutes on the red poison. She's a little paler than i want her.
        Current grow:

Coco
        3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• tvbfe
          tvbfe commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good

How big is the red posion growing? Im considering growing her

Comment

The last 3 I grew didn't get over 2 1/2 ft tall, but they were lst'd so I don't know what their true height was. It's a beautiful strain to grow though, that's for sure!
          Current grow:

Coco
          3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

Hey everyone! It's day 26, and I have seen my first pistils popping out on the manifolded Trainwreck!

Have a great day!
            Current grow:

Coco
            3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good deal 476, she is sure enough fixing to blast off now. Happy Growing

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks d.a.a.s! I'm so excited! I haven't smoked trainwreck in forever!

Hey everyone! Today is day 32 for the big girls, and 14 for the little one.

Ever since I have been growing (since all of June lol) I have had problems in the beginning with leaf curling. The seedlings around day 10 would start to curl, making me think it is some sort of root issue. However,I found this video on YouTube that explains really well why leaf curling happens:

https://youtu.be/9VHLZ4SJC8Y

​​​​​​The plant is basically trying to shade the part of the leaf that is used for photosynthesis because the root system isn't fully established, and cannot pull the amount of water the plants needs. This is not a big deal at all, and all it takes is to raise the lights a little bit. Finally found an answer to this one! The little one was experiencing it, and after raising the light and not watering as often, it straightened itself out. Neato!

I now believe all the spotting issues I'm seeing is probably from salt build up in the coco. I just need to be more aware of when to flush, and I believe there are some products on the market that help with this if a regular flush isn't enough.

All that aside, the plants are looking great! They have officially transitioned to flower, and the stretch is on!

I started to use the Lucas formula for my feedings, which with the 3 part GH flora trio series says to omit the grow solution and add more of the micro and bloom. Also uses Epsom salt. After 2 feedings they seem to be doing pretty good!

Until next Monday! And anyone going hunting on Wednesday, good luck!
            Current grow:

Coco
            3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              If I can ever find the right one lol. Think I may have it this time though! 😂😂

• Cronk
              Cronk commented
              Editing a comment
              so glad you posted that video

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad I could help! That drove me nuts when it happened!

Forgot to post the pics with that post lol. My bad!
            Current grow:

Coco
            3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              The top right. The one that looks out of control lol

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice !

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks!

After pics today, I decided to do more LST on the train wreck.
            Current grow:

Coco
            3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks ATU! The 2 main nodes were just too close together, and they have side branches that are now much farther apart than they were so they have lots of room to themselves!

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              And you're going to be real glad you did that in 6 or so weeks. One thing I learned on my current grow is that I really want to control the number of colas a bit better. I should have snipped some branches that I didn't snip to provide more room between each cola. To maximize the air flow and the size of the main colas.

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, you are definitely right! I wish i would have trained them all the way I have been training this one. The stems are so thick and it's so much easier to maintain. I snipped some branches off the red poison because it was just too bushy and I didn't think that those Branches would have produced much.

Hey everyone! Today is day 39 for the big girls and 21 for the little one!

I found an article online about the "Lucas formula" this week and have been utilizing it in my grow. I use the GH flora trio, but with this you omit the grow bottle and just use micro and bloom, along with calmag and any other supplements you may be giving. It seems to be working very well for me!

I have been watering every 2-3 days this time around, and I noticed my runoff was quite a bit lower than it was going in. I believe that is from a salt build up, so I gave them a flush today.

I realized that I didn't mainline correctly on the train wreck, so on the younger one I did it properly and she seems to be doing fine.

Things have been going a lot smoother this round, I feel like I'm getting this grow thing down a little more everyday! Thanks to all the fine people on this site of course! 👍👍🤙

The buds on the mainlined train wreck are the biggest so far, and the red poison has tons of bud sites going, and is by far the biggest plant at the moment.

I can't wait to see them towards the end of flower! Until next week!
            Current grow:

Coco
            3 gallon pots

Bloody Skunk

Blue Dream

Sour Hound

3x3x6 grow tent

Previous grows:

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Great job, mcubed!!!!

• Agentbuckwold3
              Agentbuckwold3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking healthy!

• mcubed476
              mcubed476 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks everyone!

Awesome!!!

Happy growing.

Madman

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X