Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcubed476 Grow Journal - Auto-Flowering Strains with LED Grow Light - 7.57 oz Yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all! I got my autocob light today! This little thing is crazy bright! Here are some pics! It is a 55w cob light, and is supposed to be equivalent to a 150 w hps bulb. Completely silent and gives off almost no heat. I'm excited to see how this plays out!

I can see myself switching to all autocobs in the future based on what I saw on the thread of the guy who used these throughout the entire grow

And being able to take pics in normal light is a huge plus!
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 07-30-2017, 12:52 AM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe the afn (auto flower network) has all the info you need. I can leave a link if you would like to the thread I read.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      I'm not really sure what the differences between a normal cob and an autocob are though lol
      Last edited by Doubledealing72; 07-30-2017, 12:52 PM.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never even heard of a cob.

It stands for "chip on board." While normal leds have a bunch of chips throughout the light, the cob has a bunch of them in one small place. So far the plants are loving it!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey everyone! Today is day:

42 for Francine
      34 for Georgina
      21 for Red
      10 for the RP twins

Francine and Georgina seem to be slowly recovering from the transplant shock, and they got a little nute burn to go along with the shock because I used a higher dosage of nutrients by mistake. Their buds seem to be only slightly bigger.

Red is doing fantastic still! As far as I can tell she looks perfectly happy and healthy!

The RP twins have been doing good, but I noticed some of the top layer of perlite in the solo cups were slightly green. Google pointed me to a thread that some people said it's algae but it's no big deal. Some people said it was a big deal - you know how it goes on these sorts of topics lol. I wasn't too worried until I noticed the leaves twisting on one of them, which is exactly what happened at the start of root rot with my dwc. So I didn't water the twins yesterday, and today they are still moist. I'm going to let them dry out a bit longer before I water again, maybe tonight or tomorrow morning. I also noticed my rapid rooter was slightly green so it must not have had enough drainage. I will correct the problem. Other than that, working with Coco has been going fantastic!

Also, loving the autocob light that I got! It's small and easy to move or work around, and the plants aren't complaining. I will eventually be switching to using 4 of these and getting rid of my blurple light. It will be less in electrical usage than my blurple light, but be actually equivalent to a 600hps bulb. These things are crazy efficient.

Until next time!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        alltatup - thanks! I will look into them! I ended up transplanting the 2 in the solo cups today to 5 gallon smart pots. I was cutting the bottom for more drainage and I saw roots all the way at the bottom. I didn't want them to get root bound so I went ahead and did it. The tent is a little tight now lol

• Agentbuckwold3
        Agentbuckwold3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good looking out mcubed. Would you say it has a low operating temp?

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Agentbuckwold3 - Yes. It's warm close up, but not really hot. It changed the temp in my room one degree. It normally stays at 80 and it's 81 now lol

Looking good , coco looks like your thing!
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

After the transplant, getting tight in there!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I didn't really think it through that far apparently lol.

I'm so excited for colas!!
          Last edited by Doubledealing72; 08-02-2017, 09:41 AM.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, colas are gooooooood!! You could just let them go natural, which is what I did on my first grow. I had a huge xmas tree of a Chemdawg plant; she was a beauty.

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          That's funny that you mention that. I was contemplating doing some lst to Red this morning, then I decided I was just going to let her grow naturally. Then I decided to do lst lol. I'm doing what's called ponytailing, where you lightly lasso the top fan leaves so the lower nodes can get light. I'm only going to have it like that for 3 hours and I will take it off before I head to work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	525.9 KB
ID:	121551

mcubed476 Here is my first grow right before I cut her down; there was a little runt Chemdawg too. I didn't do anything to her. She really grew magnificent colas without any training.
        If you want to grow top shelf bud, do your research: https://www.growweedeasy.com.

Growing since July 21, 2016
        2 BCNL Roommate hydro grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 13, Mainlining all the way: Triple G (THC 26%) by RQS; 2 x Dr. Greenthumb's EmDog (THC 27%) (HSO); The New (THC 28%) (HSO); Mimosa Evo (THC 30%) (BF).

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that looks excellent!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It just did its thing.

45 for Francine
        37 for Georgina
        24 for Red
        13 The RP twins

Georgina and Francine's buds are starting to look more like buds lol. They seem to be recovering okay, but they aren't getting much bigger. I predict a half total if I'm lucky lol. But they are my very first girls and I have to see them through!

Red is looking fantastic. I noticed the very tips on a few of her leaves are starting to droop. It's possible she is getting nutrients just a bit too strong, so I may back off on the next batch a touch. I also have plucked a total of 4 fan leaves off so the other leaves and bud sites could get more light, as the fan leaves were completely blocking them out.

The RP twins are completely different now, but this is my fault. One looks amazing and the other is just starting to come back around. During the transplant I lost a lot of roots on one because the coco all came apart when I popped it out of the solo cup. The other one was successfully transplanted, and oh man you can tell the difference! I will be far more careful when transplanting in the future!

Until next time!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The leaves are yellowing from the tips inward, or where does it start? I'm curious, so I'm gonna do more research on it, too. Describe its progress, where it started. And where on the plant: above or below?

I did NOT see this page this morning: see if anything on here is applicable: http://www.growweedeasy.com/why-cannabis-leaves-yellow

mcubed, I think maybe it's a pH issue. Read that page.

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could tell you where and when it started, but I'm not sure myself. It may have been that way toward the end of dwc, but I'm pretty sure it started during the transplant to coco when I gave them nute strength that was too high. I'll go take a few more pics of it at different angles so you can get a better look at it. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse. That yellowing has been there since the transplant I'm pretty sure.

Thanks for the article! It was quite informative!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're checking your pH the right way and that's not the problem, perhaps they could do with a plain flush; it might be nutrient lockout????

49 for Francine
        41 for Georgina
        28 for Red
        17 for the RP twins

Things are looking great!

Francine (smaller one in lower right corner) got a flush yesterday (shout out to alltatup for the suggestion!) And seems to be doing really well! She's super busy though, I sense some defoliating going on today!

Georgina, although 8 days behind, is the biggest beast I have going at the moment. She's a crazy (wait for it) 10 inches tall! Very small, I know, but after all the root rot from the dwc, she was only maybe 5 inches when the transplant to coco took place. Clearly this will be my breadwinner of the 2 lol. Nugs are starting to fatten up a little more everyday.
        I also started some lst with Georgina, and it's crazy how fast the branches start bending to grow upward toward the light!

Red is still doing great. I've noticed some pistils on her already, so the flowering process may have officially already started. Some of her growth is a lighter shade of green. I'm not sure if it's the genetics of this particular strain or if it's something resembling a nute deficiency.

The RP twins are doing awesome!!! The girl that lost roots in the transplant is starting to get back on track, and the girl who was successfully transplanted is a freaking monster! I topped only the bigger one yesterday.
        I also flushed the bigger one because the leaves were pointing down right at the tips and starting to turn a dark green. This lead me to believe it was a nitrogen toxicity but she seems quite healthy today!

Have a great day everyone! I know I will!

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Its really amazing how they take off. You r doin giod mcubed!!!

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          alltatup, thanks! I was just going over your 3rd grow journal. Very nice! It was interesting to start by seeing your current one, and then travel back in time to your previous one. I'm not a star wars fan, but I imagine it's something like that lol.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Im amazed by all that i have learnedin one year. So now Im a sophomore and I need to study tds and how plant nutrition works among other things. I enjoy how far i have come and cant wait to learn more.

Hey everyone!

When I got my red poison seeds, they came discreetly packed behind a box of toys. I decided to put them to good use, so now they are my guardians against root rot and anything else that is bad for cannabis plants lol. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! 😂😂😂

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Not even a sativa samurai...

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha! You crack me up!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          No YOU crack me up!!! That's what's up around here: many good-humored growers!! ;-}

So I came home to this today in the bigger RP twin. After searching on gwe, I believe it is a manganese deficiency brought on by pH being too high (6-6.3). I have been using the drops, but my pH pen seems more accurate. I lowered all my nutes in the fridge to 5.6-5.8, and flushed this guy with 5.6 plain ph'd water. I'll water him with nutes in the morning.
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Let your pH fluctuate! Not sure if you follow soil or hydro pH for coco coir, but whichever it is, let the pH move around. Like yesterday morning, my girls were at around 5.6 pH, so I added up and brought it up to 6. It went down again, so I brought it back up. Gonna change the res. a little later and give them a 48 hour flush too.

• Capncanna
          Capncanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Had an issue with my leaves this week. Added a SMALL amount of cali mag. But the ph I think was the issue. All the new growth looks good. The reason I thought calcium def is mine was closer to the lights the bottom was fine.
          However nute uptake is dependent on ph . Calcium is absorbed between 6.2 and 6.5 in hydro. I'm in flower and was running below 6 so it's all kind of combined. I'm also onboard with alltatup about flush! Helps me more than anything I do.
          That's just my 2 cents, others know far more than me! 😲 sure is fun and I'm getting closer to harvest yippee!

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          I agree that it's best to let the pH fluctuate. However, I was using the drops this whole time, and anytime the water got even slightly orange (5 is orange), I would stop pH downing it. I noticed when I used my pH pen it was still 6-6.2 ish, so it appears this whole grow I may not have been below 6, and manganese is best absorbed when pH is under 6. This seems to line up with the brown spots I have, so I flushed her last night, and used nute water this morning. I probably should have let the flush go longer, but I water my girls in the morning. If the spots continue to appear I will flush it for the recommended 24 hours.

alltatup- coco is supposed to be treated like a hydro system, so we want it in between 5.5-6.5

On a different note, I'm getting my 2nd autocob today! I think I will take my 600w led out and just use the 2 autocobs for a couple days and see if there is any difference. With the autocob and 600w in there that I have now the temp gets to 84 with the tent closed so I have to keep it open. This makes my basement smelly (I like it! But my wife probably won't lol).

Hey everyone! Got my 2nd autocob hooked up after I got home. Looks great in there! Temps down and can't beat the natural color! I plan on getting 2 more total, but it will be over the course of a month. Take a peek!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, mcubed, I can't believe how far you've come in such a short time!! You on point, son!!

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Thanks alltatup! It's been a crazy ride, that's for sure! I wouldn't be as far along as I am without the wonderful support from everyone here!
          The dwc seems like it was years ago! I'm definitely happier growing in the Coco, and the plants seem to enjoy it too lol.
          Temps got up to 79 at the highest, but I think it got that warm because I have a dehumidifier jammed right next to the tent and it blows warm air out. The humidity was up to 63 % because the cobs don't give off as much heat. Once o get my 3rd one I think everything will balance out though.

55 for Francine
        47 for Georgina
        34 for Red
        23 for the RP twins

Francine is a runt. The oldest one is definitely the smallest one, coming in at a whopping 6~in tall lol. She's budding though! Definitely have crystals on the fan leaves!

Georgina is killing it! Her buds are getting fatter every day! She's about 15 inches tall now and looking healthy! I did a massive defoliation because there were too many fan leaves covering too many bud sites.

Red is starting to form little buds! It appears they are already coming in a dark shade of purple! Hard to tell in the photos, but the close up is of Red.

The RP twins are definitely fraternal, they look completely different! They are also doing extremely well! Enjoy!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The picture of them all together is so cool, how different and individual each one looks. They look well-loved.

Hey all! Did a little defoliating on one of the RP twins. She was quite bushy!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey all! I took a close up of Red's bud. Definitely gonna have some pretty purple nugs when it's done!!!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a phat bud!!!!!!!!

​​​​​​63 for Francine
          55 for Georgina
          42 for Red
          31 for the RP twins

Well, the girls just keep growing! (We aren't talking about you though... Francine...)

Francine has quite a few hairs that are starting to turn Amber, maybe 20 % or more. Still a little one, and her nugs aren't really nugs, more like fluff balls lol. I'm still gonna see her through though.

Georgina has nugs, but I've noticed their growth has seemed to slow a bit. Reds nugs are almost bigger, and will be in a few days I suspect. I believe this is probably due to me sticking with a pH of 5.7ish, and not going higher than that. However, the past few days I have been giving them nute water at 6.4 to get them the nutes they couldn't absorb at a lower pH. From now on I think I will do 2 days at 5.7, 2 days at 6.3. this should cover all nute absorption across the board.

Red looks fucking phenomenal (pardon my French!) She is definitely the one I look forward to seeing most when I go down there. I've never got the chance to see a purple strain being grown, so it is an absolute delight to watch this girl get bigger everyday.
          I have noticed a lot of her leaves have that pale green, almost yellow striping between the veins, but I don't know if that's the pheno of this strain or a magnesium (maybe manganese, I always get their deficiencies mixed up) deficiency. She seems quite healthy overall though. Everyday I notice growth on her.

The red poison twins are doing quite well, and just transitioning into the flower stage. I noticed one had some blotches on her leaf, I believe this was also due to a pH problem, which is currently being fixed as stated above (shoutout to alltatup for also thinking what I was thinking on this one). I topped both of them a while ago, and I'm LST'ing one right now, but not the other. I would like to see the difference, but I may end up LST'ing the other one later on down the road.

I officially have 3 autocob lights going, 55w each, but you wouldn't think that if you see how they have been treating my girls. The temp never gets over 80. My humidity raised a little, but a dehumidifier in the room right next to it helps out quite a bit, so it's always around 53-58. These things rock and are the lights of the future I believe. I am in no way affiliated with them and make no money off of them, I just believe these are such a good alternative to other lighting options. I would love for NebulaHaze to take a look at them and maybe give one a try. She might even get an article posted on gwe for them! I need one more and I will have the perfect set up for my 3*3*6 grow tent. They are currently 12 inches away from the top buds with absolutely no signs of light stress.

Until next time everyone! Enjoy the pics!
          Last edited by Doubledealing72; 08-23-2017, 03:09 PM.
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.amazon.com/Dephen-Replac...=400w+hps+bulb

That's one that I saw. My search was "400w HPS bulb"

Fifth grow is fine, just fine. They are working on third leaf. They're tiny, so I didn't want to bore anyone.

Also started my 6th grow in the closet grow box!! Hooked up the chiller this morning. Four out of 8 seeds had germinated, so I put em in there this morning, water temp. 70 degrees. GROOVIN N CHILLIN. I've got 4 more Black Dominas, 2 Diamond Cookies and 2 White Ws. I never, ever, EVER want to run out of bud again.

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Damn, get it girl! Glad everything is going good for you, and I know the feeling, I also don't ever want to be out again but I think I have a bit to go before I get there.

I definitely don't have that light lol, but it would be interesting to see how well that one does in comparison to mine. The ones I have were $132 each, but well worth it. The strains you are growing sound interesting! I have never heard of most of them until I read your posts. Keep up the good work!

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            At this rate, I don't believe you ever will!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X