Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcubed476 Grow Journal - Auto-Flowering Strains with LED Grow Light - 7.57 oz Yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, you have done a fantastic job!! The plants look absolutely beautiful, and the buds even more so!!! I LOVE THE COLORS!!!!

All I can say is: the NOIVE of in-laws interfering with grow plants!!! Unbelievable.

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Well hey there everyone! So glad to be back up and running again!! SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED IN 3 WEEKS!!!

Georgina (jock horror auto) came down right around the same time this site crashed. She yielded 60g, just over 2oz! Never had a problem with this plant after the switch to coco. She was great to grow for a newbie. She also was the one that was making the house smell, even with 2 different carbon filter and fans going. Ever since I jarred her up, you can be in the room next to the tent and not smell a thing!

Georgina was chopped at 83 days

Red did a lot better than I anticipated. Got a total dry weight of 50g off her. Had some spots show up on the leaves, but she was almost done growing when they started coming in to play. Her buds were a little airier than the jock, so I was quite happy to get almost the same yield.

Red was chopped at 76 days

The RP twins are still going, and I may start flushing sometime next week. Still having issues with spots on leaves, but they are also towards the end of their life cycle, so I'm not too worried about. Also, the one that had bigger looking buds started fox tailing, so I raised the lights up, which has seemed to stop it from getting any worse.

My next grow probably won't be started until late November because the wife's family is coming over for Thanksgiving, and I can't have it running if everyone plans in staying the night. So I'll just have to be patient!

Once again, it's great to be back peeps!
    Anyway, without further ado, here's lots of pics!

A smoke report is soon to come!!!
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 10-03-2017, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    You lil baby.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Hey thanks! I'm the ripe old age of 31...

...I've never been this old before...πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, that works too! Far closer than my analogy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    How about more like: "a trimphant adult male who has discovered his talents at growing a schedule 1 controlled substance"

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    I got a little gift from the mailman today! Thanks to seedsman for such a fast delivery! Ordered on the 27th (my birthday, a special present to me from me!) And they arrived today! Cannot wait to get these going, but I'm going to wait a while to start them. I'll be doing 2 Trainwreck autos, a red poison and a bloody skunk auto. I can't even contain my excitement right now, like a giddy school girl going to Justin Timberlake concert!

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I love the enlightenment moments! It's like, it was there the whole time but just figuring out how it all comes together in an instant, makes you feel silly for not seeing it and happy because you finally did. Those are the moments that make us better!

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    mcubed, they look great! Don't you just love it when you have a "Eureka" moment like that, when the knowledge comes together and you see things more clearly?

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey everyone! Today is day:

69 for Georgina
    56 for Red
    45 for the RP twins

So I had what I believe to be a moment of enlightenment just a little bit ago.

I'm still having some spots show up on my leaves for the entire red family. They aren't crazy out of control, but they are driving me crazy! Based on what I read, I believed it to be a calcium deficiency due to slightly low pH (5.8). I understand now that pH has to fluctuate slightly so I have resolved the issue over the past week, yet the spots seem to continue.

While reading about calcium deficiencies on gwe, I remember seeing how overwatering will bring similar effects. When I read that last week I thought, "Well that's not my problem because I'm in Coco and it's really difficult to overwater in Coco."

Today, however, i realized that overwatering may be what I'm dealing with. My pot sizes are all different:

Georgina (jock horror) is in a 3 gal pot and shows no signs of calcium deficiencies or overwatering.

Red is in a 7 gallon pot and has signs of calcium deficiencies or overwatering.

The RP twins are in 5 gallon fabric pots, also showing signs of calcium deficiencies or overwatering.

I water every day roughly within the same time frame. And everyday Georgina's coco looks almost completely dry on top.

​​​​​​The red family's coco still looks and feels damp.

The bigger the pot, the less you have to water. The smaller the pot, the more you have to water.

So I'll be adjusting my watering schedule to fit their individual needs.

Now on to the weekly report:

Georgina is still about a week away from starting the flushing process, but is looking better each day. More orange hairs, buds slightly fattening still. She is gonna kick the pants off the 3 gs that her sister Francine gave me lol.

While Red still has those spots showing, she continues to look beautiful. I love the looks of the purple strains, and am thinking about always having at least one in my lineup. They are just unlike any bud I've seen grown.

The twins have shocked me, and I'm wondering if it was the transplant, or just the different genetics of the two. The successful transplant is far smaller now and the buds were quite late to form compared to the other one. The one that I accidentally lost a lot of roots on has massive fan leaves, and the nugs look amazing! They are quite different than reds nugs though. They are far more green with some purples hues, whereas reds nugs are straight purple. The successful transplant's nugs look just like Reds, coming in purple from the start.

So I'm wondering if it's just genetics, or if the transplant somehow stressed the one in a potentially good way. I may never know, but I would guess genetics.

Anyway, here's a pic from just now. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advice alltatup! She is indeed the pic you described. I was already slightly high before I smoked Francine, but I would say yes, she got me higher than I was lol. She's curing in a jar right now, I've been cracking the lid once a day.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    mcubed, if Georgina is just starting to get orange hairs, she won't be ready. If she's the plant with your fingers in the picture, she isn't ready. You want most of them to look that way.

So did Francine get you high?????

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey everyone! I decided to take a few photos of Georgina and Red while I was down there this morning. I'm thinking I'll start flushing Georgina this week maybe, she seems to be getting a few orange hairs. I believe the tricomes are still clear, but it's difficult to tell lol. I'll see what she looks like on Tuesday, and make my decision then.

On another note, Francine dried out in about 3 days due to the fluffiness of her almost non existent buds. I weighed her up dry and I was pretty close to my guesstimate of an 8th. She pulled in 3 grams for me lol. Smoked a bowl when it was dry and it tasted like shit lol. About what I would expect for a plant that isn't cured properly and wasn't flushed at all. The extremely fantastic news is that because my first plant was so runty, the room for improvement is almost limitless! And I'm guessing Georgina will end up around an o, so that works for me! I'm guessing Red will be on the heavier side of an o. Time shall tell!

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks alltatup! It was a fun little mini harvest! The good news is that Georgina is getting close to being ready too! I may wait 2 weeks for her depending on how she does for me this week.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X