Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcubed476 Grow Journal - Auto-Flowering Strains with LED Grow Light - 7.57 oz Yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are my sad girls after all of the trauma they went through. I believe I have seen pics of plants that looked worse off and made a good recovery, hopefully I'll experience that with these autos.

Also, the Heisenberg tea brewing! Ancient forest, great white, and hydroguard with water and two airstones for 48 hours. We shall see how this all plays out.

Until next time!
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• berrypilot
      berrypilot commented
      Editing a comment
      🌱 Keep us posted! 🌱

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took a peak under the hood today and the darkness has returned around parts of the roots. I have to let the tea brewing until tomorrow morning before I can use it, but I did put a little bit around the rapid rooter of each of the plants. Once the tea is ready tomorrow I plan to do yet another rez change so I can clean everything up in there, and with fresh water I can then add the tea. I'll keep everyone updated!

Hey cubed , I looked back at your pic of the brown in the bottom of your res. I would have to say that looks like sediment from nutes etc. I have that all the time it's sludge. Just got through wiping it out. The great white is brown and grainy and also I use fox farms and it has a brown tinge. Mine is definantly not root rot. No smell or slimy feel more of a grainy feel.
    do all you can though and listen to everyone's comments most know more than me. I know about saltwater algeas of all types and they are on the top of the water closest to the light, there are exceptions of course . I would think the same in fresh water.
    keep at it, you will reap the benefits!
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      It could be nute build up. It didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell clean or neutral either. It was also coated on the outside of the air tubes that connect to the airstones. I don't know if nute build up does that or not.

• Doubledealing72
      Editing a comment
      So do I just wipe it out every time I do a rez change? It also got on the roots a little bit too when I had checked.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That gunk usually builds up in the reservoir. I fix myself a pail of water and H2O2, I can lift out the airstons and put them to soak in the pail, scrub them with a little nylon brush, and I wipe down the interior of the res. with the solution. I don't do it every time, prolly every other time.

The hoses I would check . Think of snow falling. I always pretend it might be and clean every 2 weeks.. Better safe than sorry. I'm doing a flush now every 2 weeks so I do it then.
    Bubbleponics
    Advanced platinum 450w
    hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Hey everyone! So today is 3 weeks for the girls. When I took the lid off to clean the reservoir, the water just had some sediment on the bottom (nute build up probably), but the roots didn't look very healthy. I didn't have my phone to take pics during this process, but they had darker spots on some places than others. They haven't made much progress in growth due to this root rot, or whatever it may be, so I'm sad to say I took the 2 unhealthiest looking ones and trashed them. I condensed down to one tote, and after thoroughly cleaning it out with bleach and rinsing afterward, made my nutes at half strength and added the Heisenberg tea to my water, as well as pouring a cup through the net pots with the 2 plants to inoculate the root crown and for it to get on the roots. I'm supposed to add a cup every 3 days, so we will see if this will help. Since I had two unoccupied airstones because I condensed, I cleaned them and put them to use as well, so I now have 4 airstones going in 5 gallon of water. Hopefully the extra oxygen will help the plants.

I honestly have to say I'm not sure if dwc is for me. I am confident that I now have all light leaks in check, and used hydroguard right at the start to prevent this sort of thing from happening, but it was definitely a learning experience!

I went to the hydro store today and got some Coco coir. I'm going to give this route a try because it seems to be more forgiving than dwc, and the root rot problem will be less likely to occur.

I'll be growing red poison in the Coco grow, the seed is already planted in a rapid rooter in Coco in a solo cup.

I still plan to keep the dwc I have going to see if the problem goes away, and I'll keep everyone updated on this, but I am very excited to try growing red poison. It's an auto flower that is green poison crossed with a hindu kush. Green poison was one of my favorite strains back in the day, so I look forward to growing this auto!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Capncanna
        Capncanna commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks like not enough bubbles. Had the same issue causes droopy leaves. I always watch the leaves not the roots. Use the diagnosing tool on the site. Keep going don't get discouraged.

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully doubling the bubbles will help! Im using 4 airstones and two pumps in the remaining tote. I hope they pull through!

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, the leaves turning sideways was the very first thing I noticed at the start of the root rot. That's what made me want to check under the hood.

Make sure they are all the way up. And also put them in a cool area they suck in the air around them I put mine in front of the ac out and it helped drop my res temp..
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Well mcubed, you fought the good fight; I've never grown in coco, but I really like what Jibberjoe has to say (above). Grower's support and solidarity no matter what medium you use; I just want to see you pulling in huge harvests!!! ;-}
        If you want to grow top shelf bud, do your research: https://www.growweedeasy.com.

Growing since July 21, 2016
        2 BCNL Roommate hydro grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 13, Mainlining all the way: Triple G (THC 26%) by RQS; 2 x Dr. Greenthumb's EmDog (THC 27%) (HSO); The New (THC 28%) (HSO); Mimosa Evo (THC 30%) (BF).

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Editing a comment
          Thanks allatup! I check the girls in a half hour, I'll let ya know how they are doing!

Checked the girls this morning. No significant progress. pH was good. The tea will take a few days to be effective, and I'm resisting the urge to peak under the hood. I'll keep everyone updated as always!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey everyone! I checked the roots this morning just by peaking under the hood and I do have some new white growth starting that's looking really good! I'll keep everyone updated as always!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Puh raaaaazzzze the lord (of cannabis)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen sister

Hey everyone! Picture time! Checked in on the girls this morning, and wow! Talk about white roots coming in! The youngest one (I planted this one a week behind the others) has amazing new white root growth! It's the 1st and 3rd pic. When I checked yesterday after work, I could tell she was growing again, as the plant looked noticably larger than earlier that morning. This morning when I checked the root system, I was amazed at how much new white root growth had emerged! I have to attribute this to the tea since this was the only thing that changed. After fixing the light leaks, I noticed my plants growth was still not up to par, but after adding the tea I'm in shock at how much root growth occurred.
          The pic in the middle was the biggest one of all the others, and I was about ready to pitch it (it is pretty close to death it seems), but even this plant now has a little new white root growth starting.
          If this really is the tea's doing then I cannot recommend this product enough for dwc! The only con is that you have to brew a new batch every week because it only has a shelf life of 7-10 days. But it only takes a few minutes to throw everything in the bucket and let it aerate.

On another note, my red poison auto has not emerged from the rapid rooter, but I expect to see it pop through by the time I get home tonight from work. So far growing in Coco seems to be pretty simple, but there are a 1000 different water methods and opinions online that are very contradictory to each other. Some say to water every few days, some say multiple times a day. Some want runoff, some don't. Some say treat it like soil to start, some say treat it like hydro. Some say feed every time you water, some say use plain water every other watering. It's really hard to get a concise answer with Coco, but here's what I think I might do:

I believe Coco should be treated like hydro because it is not soil. I will be attempting to water everyday until I see about 20% runoff. It appears to be difficult to overwater Coco, but I have heard it's possible. I bought a mix that is 70% Coco 30% perlite. I believe that should be enough drainage to prevent it from being over watered.

While gwe says to use plain ph'd water every other feeding, there are people that say something about the cations going out of whack if you use plain pH water in between feedings. I'm definitely not saying nebula is wrong, I'm just stating what I observed on a web site that is contradictory to what I have read here. I have so much respect and gratitude for nebula and sirius and everyone else who helped to put this website together, I couldn't have started without them to guide me!

Anyway, all that being said, I plan on sticking out my dwc grow to completion, and continuing the coco grow as well.

On another note, I was you tubing growing in Coco yesterday, and somewhere in the vastness of the YouTube world, came across a guy who grew an auto plant (auto critical from Royal seeds or Royal queen seeds or something) that yielded just under 3 lbs dry weight! He has the grow journal on his channel, and he grew it with Coco I believe. Fucking nuts! He claims that's the world record auto, and I certainly don't doubt that it's true! Certainly worth a look if you have nothing better to do lol.

As always, updates in the future!
          Last edited by Doubledealing72; 07-14-2017, 01:03 PM.
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            This is all wonderful news, Mcubed!! And as to the rest, that is the wonderful wacky world of cannabis cultivation, where there are five million, three hundred thousand, four hundred and seventy two ways to do everything.

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, it's really sad there's not more scientific studies done on actually growing. Once it's off the schedule 1 drug list, hopefully they will open it up to scientific studies. All we can go off of now is grow journal, and get any info off then we can.

Everyone does it different. Find your growing groove. I will say the old interweb will make you crazy. Very few sites have true scientific info. Try things and learn your own style. I have found if I ask , someone will give me an answer that I understand and is to my way of thinking. Try and find the joy and fun in gardening, maybe even grow some other plants . All of my gardens I love equally (not true) but don't tell them. It's less stress to experiment on my other babies because they are not giving me goodies. Chopped and sprayed a night blooming jasmine this morning that was being eaten . It was no big deal. But let me cut a fan leaf and you would think I was doing brain surgery.
          keeping a close eye on things is good, it makes a fine grower.
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! Wish it was I would have just cut down 3000 dollars worth πŸ€‘ had frog poop on it too, maybe that's a new strain name!

• Aloner
            Aloner commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol would that be an indica or a sativa?

• Capncanna
            Capncanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Defiantly indica so you could stick to the walls or couchπŸ™ƒjust reread this. I meant like a gecko. Otherwise that was kind of gross.
            Last edited by Capncanna; 07-15-2017, 01:31 AM.

Hey what do your res temps sit at my girl did the same thing anytime that my res water went above 77+ and it would go to 83+ max but itd stay in that area for 6 to 7 hours a day causeing my girl to do the same thing looks about i caught it about 4 to 5 days in but it caused my roots to turn brown but not slimy i didnt know if i was root rot but i deffinatly know the roots were dyeing from being choked out without enought oxygen being able to be held in my water now her roots are blowing up and shes kicking ass just asking to throw the idea out there and see if thats the problem or not
          DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
          250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
          current grow: feminized blue wizard
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            The heat? Yes, it was a problem.

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            My res temp hasn't gotten higher than 73. I have LEDs and my basement stays pretty cool. The tent never gets above 81. If you look at the Heisenberg tea recipe, he mentions that your res temp should stay between 70-75 degrees with Bennie's in it (beneficial bacteria).

Pics from just now! The healthy plant looks phenomenal! I noticed significant growth from when I left for work this morning 9 hours ago! The pics above these ones are only 9 hoursish apart, what do you all think? That tea is gold, along with proper rez maintenance lol.

Also, the red poison seed popped today! I can wait to see it grow, and I'm taking you all along for the ride!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Just awesome, mcubed! So maybe DWC ain't so bad after all... (Just kidding!)

When we encounter a problem as new growers, it might take us a little longer to fix the problem, which is when the plant then has the chance to start getting vigorous. I was dealing with root rot in the form of brown algae for like 3 weeks before I resolved the light leak issue on my last grow. I had never had to deal with it before (that was my second grow), and I had to learn about light leaks and then how to clean up the root rot. Man, it was a roller coaster ride, but now I can pay that lesson forward!!! And so can you ;-}

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            As long as you can prevent the root rot it's actually a very simple system maintenance-wise! The coco grow is going good! Just gave the little guy his first round of nutrient water (seedling strength!). So far, coco needs more attention on a daily basis because of the hand watering. However, I clearly don't mind because I'm down there at least 4 times a day lol

Looks great.
          Bubbleponics
          Advanced platinum 450w
          hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

Hey everyone! The plants are rocking! They look healthier everyday. The oldest one that I thought was dying is making a comeback. The one that is a week behind is far bigger than the older one.

The red poison is coming in nicely as well!

Here's some pics!

Should I try topping or fiming the younger, healthiest looking one? I read you aren't supposed to do that to autos because of their short lifespan, but if they are healthy at the 2 week point it might be okay to do.
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
              Editing a comment
              Awesome article allatup! After reading this and deciding my younger one is quite healthy, I decided to top just moments ago. Hopefully I did it right! Lol

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I topped my photos for the first time, and I am really happy with the results. It seems like a much faster route to go than manifolding.

• Capncanna
              Capncanna commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup , I've wondered what is the real difference except the place you top. I do it on my outside plants and have the same results. Pull new growth at a y and you get 2 new stalks. I manilfolded 2 plants and bent 2 , the lst are far larger and thicker. Hmmmmm?
              Been thinking of ro as well. Cheap to refill at the grocery. Need to design a system for transfer!

Hey everyone! It's rez changing day! That means I was able to take pics of roots and plants in regular lighting πŸ˜€

The roots on the older one have amazed me. When I rinsed them off last week, there were two roots about a couple inches long. Now there are tons of good looking roots! It is the farthest from the camera in the root picture.

The younger one is far bigger than the older one now. I topped it, hopefully in the right place, I left a pic of what and where I topped as well.

The red poison is looking awesome! It's leaves are quite a different color than the cotyledon leaves, it's really neat!

​​​​​​​I'll keep everyone updated!
            Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              And the good news just keeps coming!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X