Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcubed476 Grow Journal - Auto-Flowering Strains with LED Grow Light - 7.57 oz Yield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Good deal 476, Nothing wrong with being a little curious, keep up the good work..

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks man! It doesn't seem to be a huge issue, just had me curious. Everything is going good so far, temp is at 81, humidity is at 49% and pH is slightly less than 6.5. it's been a heck of a ride so far!

• D.A.A.S.69
    replied
    Morning 476 I can't see pictures very well on my phone so I can't help much ,but say if that's your only problem I wouldn't worry to much about that ,just keep an eye on her. I can tell your doing a good job ,keep it and you will do fine. Good Luck 476

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I should mention that color seems fine, no yellow or spotting anywhere

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey all! It's officially day 10 for the girls, and the biggest one is still getting bigger lol. However, I noticed the leaf in the top of the photo is starting to curl in on the side. Anybody know what may be causing that? It just doesn't really look like the problems I've seen on the site because it's not the tip curling in it's the side if the leaf. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey all! The girls are at 8 days today and doing well. One of the four planted didn't germinate (more than likely my fault), so I decided to take it out and plant the last of the 5 seeds I received in it's place. The smallest one so far looked like it was about to die this morning, but after testing the pH and bringing it down to the right level this morning, I got home tonight finding it looking much happier than it was earlier today. Anyway, here they are in all their glory 8 days in lol

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for all the advice! You're absolutely right though, even though you're supposed to leave them alone, I couldn't help checking on the taproots as they started growing. I think I will be able to control myself better in the next grow.

One thing I noticed is that in almost every strain review that I have come across, everyone got different results because everyone is growing in a different environment and using different nutrients and different mediums. So hopefully I can give my girls the best environment that they need.

I've been checking pH daily, the tank with the largest plant was around 7 so I put a little pH down in it and I'm about to check it right now 😀

• Minoo96
    commented on 's reply
    Why do you think I asked you I know exactly how it feels. Let it go here, it's your topic. Don't feel bad if people don't read, it happened to me at first. I wrote so big pieces of messages, I thought I was driving people insane. I still do, but I don't mind, people read or they don't When you'll start posting picture of proper plants, people will start to read I felt haha.

So she's still in veg, I would advise you to top her once, that'll help with the lst (the main stem become hard, one main cola will come, this one will be tall etc, its not what you want), then LST everything as much as you can. (As in it's alright, the plant will recover within 12/24 hours!!) But take this advice about topping with a hint of salt, I didn't top mine for fear of damaging them too much, since they are on timer... But in the end they are taking sooooo long, I could have. At least once, it's alright, it would have taken about 3 days - 1 week to recover and grow normally after that. Then the two offshot that comes after that are much easier to bend on the side, they tend to do that on their own, a little bit at least.

Don't forget, seedbank tends to exagerate sometimes. The height/yield/harvest time.

Two parts will be difficult for you, the germination because you will be looking at them daily, cursing them for not growing faster probably. And also in stress, will they be alright, this one looks bad, this one is like this. And the harvest time, you will be like "Oh in two days it's ready!!!" and like that for more than a week. In the end it's frustrating, so take patience. Order a microscope online (something like this is nice, for mobile phone, cheap, and for me it worked : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4L._SX425_.jpg reference to find online : clip on microscope) to see the trichomes and be better able to judge when to harvest.
    I guess you already have a hygrometer if you know your humidity. During veg high humidity is alright as long as leafs don't touch each others and create WET SPOTS.
    During flowering, lower humidity to avoid mold. And late stage flowering, you remove the humidity as much as you can, that's the time to put up the dehumidifier, it's supposed to bolster the production of resin!

Also, I did the same mistake, I ordered the seeds too fast -after 2/4 days of research!-. But its perfectly normal, you have to start somewhere, and its only AFTER you started growing that some tips become apparent on how to choose best strains for you.

I'm a new grower, I'll harvest my first auto in a few days. I started already to be honest, top cola was cut twice Second one is drying right now, 52 hours since cut. (Its a good thing when you harvest your first plant, don't want to wait, want to try the difference between different harvest stage)
    So my experience with growing is quite limited, don't take everything I say as almighty. You should know what works best for your growing style, you should feel/see it. Think for yourself
    And most importantly, have fun while growing. It's not supposed to be a hassle

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    So jock horror is a 3 way cross of northern lights and strains from the skunk and haze family. It's a hybrid but leans more toward the sativa side.

Since this is my first grow and it is an auto flower, I'm only going to do LST. The auto flower seemed to be a good choice for me because I don't have to worry about when to make the switch. Also, I found out that the humidity in my room gets to about 74% without the lights on. I could get a dehumidifier while the lights are off, but for now I can keep the lights on constantly ( I actually have them on a timer to shut off for 1 hour, I figure if people can run 24/7 and/or 18/6, 23/1 should be okay too lol).

The other main reason I went with auto flower is because of the quicker time from seed to harvest.

My main worry is light burn from the LEDs. I have a 2x4x5 tent, so max distance from the plants right now is only 39-40 inches away. I'm getting a 3x3x6 on Wednesday, but I won't set it up until I need it.

Can I use LST to bend the plant enough to where I can control how tall it gets? Since it's more sativa, it will probably be a taller plant, and I want to be able to keep it a safe distance from the lights)

One of my bigger regrets is not doing more research on what type of strain I should grow. After ordering seeds, I found out that the yield on Jock Horror is lower than other strains, and yield is something that matters to me. If I only get 2 oz total off of 3 plants, this first grow will cost me quite a bit/oz factoring in setup cost. If I'm lucky, 1 1/2 per plant would be enough to keep me until my next grow. Which leads me into another segue...

I have 2 favorite strains, Trainwreck and green poison. My buddy grew a few years ago, and I loved the way green poison smelled when you opened the jar (the description on Leafly says sweet and earthy I believe, but I smelt almost a gasoline type odor when I cracked it open). Trainwreck was also an extremely tasty bud. So I was perusing on seed sites yesterday and I came across red posion auto flower(a cross between green poison and a hindu kush). The pics look amazing, the yield is good, and it's a cross of my favorite strain. This would have been my ideal first grow, but sometimes we rush into things too quickly (although I'm glad I started as soon as I did). Also, it said from seed to harvest is 8 weeks, which is mind blowlingly fast!! So when I get paid this week, I'm definitely picking up some of those seeds.

Sorry for the long winded rant. I haven't told anyone in person about what I'm doing, so it feels good to let it all out somewhere, and here seems to be a great place to do that.

• Aloner
    replied
    ...and awaaaay they go! Subbed -- good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Minoo96
    replied
    Cool Mcubed!
    What are you planning to do? Defoliation, LST, topping, fiming, scrog, monstercropping? Tell us/me more about the strain, what's it supposed to be, for what purpose are you growing it? (medication or recreational? For day or for night?)

Leave a comment:

• Mcubed476 Grow Journal - Auto-Flowering Strains with LED Grow Light - 7.57 oz Yield

COMPLETED JOURNAL RUNDOWN:
    2 Jock horrors autos from Nirvana, planted 6/20 and 6/28
    Jock 1 (Francine) - 3g dry (lol)
    Jock 2 (Georgina) - 58g dry (much better!)

3 Red Poison autos from Sweet Seeds.
    Red Poison 1 (Red) - 50g dry
    Red Posion 2 (RP twin) - 64g dry (woohoo!)
    Red Poison 3 (RP twin) - 37g dry (boo!)

Total dry weight - 212g (7.57oz).

Hey all! This will be the start of my official first grow journal. I have 4 jock horror auto flower plants started, 2 in 2 separate totes running top fed dwc with a 600w Galaxy hydro led. They were planted on 6-20, so it's been a week today. 3 have sprouted, and one seed hasn't even cracked open, so it may be a dud, or I may have killed it with a rapid rooter that was too wet for too long. I have one seed left so I may try swapping that one out. Anyway, here's a few pics of the 3 that made it above ground!
    Last edited by NebulaHaze; 10-20-2017, 06:49 PM. Reason: Great grow journal!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X