X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4barrel
    replied
    Originally posted by yamiacaveman View Post
    Looking for some advice to keep the wildlife away from my plants.

I am going to put a couple of auto's outside and since they are not that big I was going to put some wire fence messing around them.

So my primary concern -- rabbits and deer would eat these like candy, but perhaps I'm wrong. Then all the others found in most of the country like skunks, opossums, chipmunks, squirrels, porcupines field mice.

Cage them in?

Thanks for any outdoor advice.
    Oh yes.
    aplalutly .
    wen I grow out doors I would put the fence around far enough from the center of the plot.
    it makes for a lot off fence as a posed to fencing in each plant.
    but frickin deer have a long reach.

and small critters are mischievous and do some damage.special early spring when there ain't much to eat yet and you have these nice green plants sitting there

I once walked up onto my plot to water,and there's mister rabbit inside the fence munching away.
    don't ask me how the hell he got in there.but he did.

I don't Wana say what I did to get rid of rabbits. but let's just say I fixed them good......no more rabbits
    Last edited by 4barrel; 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BuddMarsh
    replied
    Fencing them in is good. I have also put mothballs in a PVC tube with holes drill in it and capped ends. The smell helps keep them away.

Leave a comment:

• yamiacaveman
    started a topic Outdoor Wild Predators

Outdoor Wild Predators

Looking for some advice to keep the wildlife away from my plants.

I am going to put a couple of auto's outside and since they are not that big I was going to put some wire fence messing around them.

So my primary concern -- rabbits and deer would eat these like candy, but perhaps I'm wrong. Then all the others found in most of the country like skunks, opossums, chipmunks, squirrels, porcupines field mice.

Cage them in?

Thanks for any outdoor advice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X