Controlling temperature...seems like tent I is too hot, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling temperature...seems like tent I is too hot, please help

ISo I am getting ready for my first grow and have done a ton of research. My current set up Is as follows:
    3ftx3ftx6ft tent
    600w led that pulls 275 which has 2 fans&aluminum sink
    6in vivosun carbon filter
    260cfm duct fan boaster*
    8ft exhaust our of tent
    Ocsilatting fan inside grow tent

I have been running the light for 12 hours but my temp is always between 85to87 degrees f.

Does anyone know if this booster fan at 260cfm is the issue? i was going to buy 400cfm inline fan but was concerned of the walls sucking in because of small tent.

does anyone know if when you add plants does it absorb the heat and make it cooler, hotter, or makes no difference?
    Tent is in closet so i cant reduce temp in room with thermostat

Any help before I plant my babies would be much appreciated, thanks in advance
    Last edited by Jr420; 03-21-2017, 08:47 PM.

I would say it is the duct fan. Boosters dont move as much as they're rated for so def invest in an inline then could maybe use the booster to help out with the air intake? Id wait for someone who grows in a tent to reply on that idea though. Other than that ac or can make or buy a water air cooler. There was just a post yesterday with diff tutorial links on DIY ones. Idk. The inline might be all you need. Where is your tent? Can you turn the heat down in your place or is it already off where you are?
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

• Jr420
      Jr420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks that was my thought as well cheaped out on only the fan 20 instead of 70. I'm thinking of buying the inline fan and putting the duct fan where the passive intakes are.
      Thanks for your quick response

• GDTRFB95
      GDTRFB95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Np. I dont have as much knowledge as alot here but Ive been dealing with heat fluxes with odd early spring/end of winter. If you can adjust the temp of your house that will def help too

Or perhaps a cost efficient used portable ac?

Comment

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      Try pawn shops. Craigslist, 5mile etc. I'm sure you'll find a good deal. When i used one I connected a piece of medical tubing to keep from having to empty the water collection tray.

• Jr420
      Jr420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea with tubing

• Lotusyde
      Lotusyde commented
      Editing a comment
      One time on a humid day, it filled up faster than expected and the Auto off bs happened and it almost fried everything from the heat

I definetly lower the thermostat in my home when its a warm day
    Current Grows:

GSC and SWEET TOOTH (flowering)

Platinum LED P600 x 2 (380 w draw at the wall each)
    4'x4'x7' grow tent
    General Organics Go Box
    ProMix HP
    1>3>7 gal smartpots
    Well water PH 6.38

SOUR BUBBLE, SOUR STRAWBERRY, LIFESAVER, GHOST OG x LEMON, BUBBA KUSH in veg

Comment

With hight temps more air flow is not the answer infact its quite the opposite u want as little air flow as needed temps 2 high just add ac an co2 there is almost no getting around an ac even with led

Comment

I had one of those duct fans like this, and it did an okay job. But the air circulation and temperature control suddenly became sooooo much better when I got a real exhaust fan!

Comment

• Jr420
          Jr420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I think I'm going to buy the inline fan and if it needs further cooling go with the ac

• PuravidaC
          PuravidaC commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with Nebula. I went through the same exercise as both of you even going so far as to add PC fans at intake and exhaust to help in-line fan. Finally bought a decent centrifugal fan with speed control... problem solved. I wound up spending about the same on the good fan as I did trying to get original exhaust system to work as needed.

I thought I read you were in a tent in a closet? I am thinking in a closet for stealth? -- If not perhaps just letting the tent doors and closet door opened????

Comment

• Jr420
          Jr420 commented
          Editing a comment
          stealth and odor control.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X