First grow - autos, outdoors, in soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow - autos, outdoors, in soil

I'm growing two Alpha CBD Autos and one EZ Bake Auto from Trilogene outdoors on a very sunny balcony in soil (USDA Zone 7 in the northeast US).

I'm working with what I have, a mix of peat, compost, and perlite, amended with Down to Earth's greenstone basalt in plastic nursery pots. I direct sowed the seeds after being warned about what root damage can do to autos. I started out with DTE cactus and succulent fertilizer and have been supplementing with liquid miracle gro cactus and succulent fertilizer. I started using it because it can be squirted directly onto the soil without adding water to fertilize weekly without waterlogging them. It's been really hot, but there's nothing I can do about that. I haven't done any training, although spreading them wider would potentially provide shade to keep the roots cooler when it gets hot like it has been.

Seeds were in the dirt outside on May 10, germinated May 17-20, mature leaves showed up May 24, and here they are chugging along. EZ Bake has a slightly tighter bushier shape, and Alpha seems a little more open.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X