No announcement yet.

New to the forums - not to growing [currently PTK]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have trouble getting up to those PPFD numbers without light issues. I have a 3x4x6 tent with a high quality Photontek 485w led light at a minimum of 24” usually I’m trying for 30” above canopy I’d have to look at my notes but 650-750 is about as high as I can get.
    People have to remember that past that point everything has to be super dialled in. We listen and read all this info about how much the plant can take, and it can, but only under perfect conditions. This is amplified by the intensity of LEDs in general. You can still get good results from less power and you’ll have less problems cause you’re not pushing the plant so hard.
    I feel like the light you have is probably decent enough, I would suggest you stay focused on the other environmental factors and worry less about getting that
    night cranked for now. Raise it up, turn it down , and gradually as you get things on point you can start to add back the power and work up to 750-850 like people suggested of a grow or two.
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• Saeteinn
      Saeteinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Some solid advice, thank you!
      Really the only problem I'm having right now, so it's really all there is to focus on other than weekly reservoir changes.
      No leaves falling off, just some bleaching and curling.
      She keeps on growing good though, still growing up towards that light real vigorously!
      It's only a 22w LED though, so I may invest in at least a stronger light before next grow.

Make sure when using the app to have your hours set correctly. I messed up on this and I was giving my plants almost 1500ppfd. Also make sure you have the LED on full spectrum.

These 2 DLI charts haven't steered me wrong. One for photo periods and the other for autos. If you checked all around and the light is within range, it could be a nutrient issue, water temp issue or something else. Adding more light won't help the problem.

Your grow light should be plenty fine. I have a 200w and 2x 150w lights and I can get sizable plants if I get get this custom fertilizer recipe down. My biggest was 5.5oz on the White Widow CBD ... She was huge and grown under a spider farmer light 200w. These lights can grow good plants. Some of these lights are way overkill if you're not supplementing CO2.

I'm doing my classic underfeeding.... Maybe they need more food? Maybe it's something else.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 4x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 FreakShow (Hi-Elevation Genetics) *Reg

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Comment

• Saeteinn
      Saeteinn commented
      Editing a comment
      No3odiesShad0w Okay, so I was reading the charts correctly. That's good to know.
      And it makes sense to factor in both time and intensity, it honestly wasn't a vector I was playing with at the moment since this grow was focused on seeing how well the PTK would manifold, so admittedly more of my focus was on that.
      I'll keep this info in mind for the autos and future grows, though, since I am trying to narrow things down and dial in everything I can for my seeds and setup. I'd like to be able to pull up a data sheet from previous grows and have a better idea per strain how to grow each plant best.

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol those manifolds do take up quite a bit of time. Especially when the plants don't want to cooperate

• Saeteinn
      Saeteinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankfully it took real well to it, I'll probably pist another photo update on Monday when I defoliate her again

A little update!
    Sitting about Week 13 (Week 14 on Wed) overall and almost Week 3 of flowering. I plan to give her a light defol on Monday.
    I've been playing with the light a bit to dial it in to where the plant wants it, and so far she's looking a lot better. Getting more accustomed to paying attention to that now, but it'll pay off in the long run if I can dial it in for this strain.
    I threw a couple closeups in there, any comments or advice is appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Current Grow:
    - Pine Tar Kush {photoperiod}
    - ViparSpectra XS2000 LED {full spectrum, dimmable}
    - MarsHydro grow tent {4'x4'x6'}
    - DWC bucket
    - Manifold/LST​

Comment

• Saeteinn
      Saeteinn commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh? How did you determine that? For my own future reference.
      I definitely will check my pH though.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      If you look closely at the leaves, the mature ones, you will see a slight yellowing of the leaves between margins/veins.

Read here https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ium-deficiency

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      You know maybe things are okay but I just noticed how DENSE that foliage is there. Maybe it would benefit a bit from a defoliation. Get some air moving. It's growing. It looks healthier but that color is still off (and this is coming from someone that's color blindish) I feel like maybe it needs more?

Question do you have red stems or get red stems when you go into flower? I swear, red stems plague my dreams. I keep getting them and IDK what the cause is.... Maybe LED because my outdoor grow doesn't have a speck of red?

Another little update!

Second defol today at 3 weeks into flowering and about 14 weeks in total. Still growing strong and starting to smell up the tent real good when I open her up!

Before defol:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240624_203728.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	625637
    After defol:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20240624_213809.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	625641
    Also exciting is the start of budlets and trichomes! Added a couple closeups below, sorry for the camera quality it's just my phone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Saeteinn; 06-25-2024, 12:27 PM.
    Current Grow:
    - DWC bucket
    - Manifold/LST​

Comment

A little update since it's been a while!

Things got a little rough towards the beginning of flower due to that lack of nutes and some heat problems, but we're bouncing back and developing some buds okay. Still lots of sugar on the leaves, and smelling great every time I open the tent!

Day 128 overall, day 52 of flowering. Added a couple close ups for y'all!
      Attached Files
      Current Grow:
      - DWC bucket
      - Manifold/LST​

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Stressing these things tends to bring trichome development on earlier than it normally would and a resultant decrease in flower size, that's what I have observed anyway.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Those leaves don't look happy at all........

• Saeteinn
        Saeteinn commented
        Editing a comment
        As previously stated, we went almost a couple weeks without nutes at the beginning of flower, so we're still recovering from that. She's looking a lot less rough now, but definitely still not the happiest plant. This upcoming move has really thrown a lot of wrenches in this grow, so at this point I'm happy if I get anything off her.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X