First grow, feedback please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow, feedback please

Goodmorning everyone, im doing my first grow ever. Got in flowering fase. About week 8/9. Giving them 24h light. 1L each day, ph around 6.7 and every once a week im giving them 5.7.7. Npk and in the soil there's basic needs for the full grow. Now i see some spots and did some defoliation. Now i think the K is to low... please give some feedback and how many week's (they are auto flowers, sherbet queens) does the girl need to go? Got no idea thanks in advance everyone ( i will post some more specific pics later)
    Last edited by FreshnoobgrowerNLD; 05-26-2024, 11:04 PM.

Few more pics

Comment

• dirtymike
      dirtymike commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are coming along nicely. Color change for me always is either to much light, (intensity or time) genetics and or time for harvest. Its not harvest time yet. Auto flower do things at a rapid pace from my experience.

Looks pretty good to me. Can't tell how many more weeks but I am confident maybe more than 5 weeks.

Your giving them too much N and maybe too much P but since they are looking pretty good I'd keep doing what you're doing. The K is too low because the N & P are too high.

Edit. I grow in coco and use a mix of 25% N 25% P and 50% K in flower but that may not work for you.
    Last edited by Bluey; 05-27-2024, 12:08 AM.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• FreshnoobgrowerNLD
      FreshnoobgrowerNLD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your feedback, ill try to find something like callmag maybe?

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I use 25/25/50 NPK in bloom and that's pretty good for me in coco. Adding calmag may increase your N and you don't want that looking at your leaves and in flower.

This i found, 0-0-13 npk , how about adding a bid of this?

Comment

So i bought npk 2-2-30 , I'll water them on top and below with my basic npk. Should add the K
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Small changes and monitor. You don't need much of a change if anf from what I am seeing

👍👍😋 yes copy that

Comment

I'm nowhere near an authority on autos but from what I'm seeing I would reduce the amount of light you're giving them to 20/4. Your issues could be related to the higher metabolism the 24hr light period is giving the plant.

BTW good job Rook! Plants look healthy other than the leaf discoloration. As Bluey said, incremental changes.

Comment

• Allenpro
          Allenpro commented
          Editing a comment
          Not an Auto grower either and I agree every living thing needs sleep, with the possible exception of Keith Richards.
          The dark period is when I see the most growth

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          "with the possible exception of Keith Richards." LOL!!!

Since it looks like the tops of the plant is getting yellow, it might be an immobile nutrient issue rather than a NPK issue. One of the plants there looks like she has a bit much nitrogen but not the one with the discoloration. They're not clawing or curling so I don't think nitrogen is the main culprit. If it was potassium, then the lower leaves would be showing the deficiency not the tops. Potassium is a mobile nutrient. It would have to be an immobile nutrient but it doesn't have spotting like calcium. Sulfur deficiency would make it turn colors, but it's usually red and purple. It could be an iron deficiency. It's only in one area. Maybe it's light stress. Not every cultivar is cool with 24hr lighting. Some might be more finicky because the test is your plants look awesome👍

You still have about a month to 1.5 month left of the grow. In about 2 or 3 weeks, your going to want to cut off the nutrients and let her start finishing off and start to fade. If you do decide to add nutrients, just add in small amounts. If you're on week 8 or 9 then, 4 of those was veg, 4 weeks bloom. You only have about 4 to 6 weeks more depending on variety. I gave my most recent Blue dream a feeding too late into flower and it possibly caused her to herm on me. Didn't expect her to finish so soon 😅

Possible causes:
        since it's a top, it could be too close to the light and could be light stress.
        Genetics
        Could be a calcium, iron or sulfur deficiency (not likely)
        Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
        🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
        (The Uncle Grandpa)
        🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
        🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
        🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
        🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
        http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

Goodmorning, thanks rootsruler ,shadow and blue so far for your feedback. I'll adjust the lighting schedule to 20/4 and will keep you updated. I'm amazed about the growth, your information could result in a great result i think, what could be the yield per plant? 1 Is about 0,8m² with lst and the other is just helped with wires. The other in the back right is small but starts flowering as well, all sherbet queen auto's. The 4th in the back left is a auto gelato cookies, beautiful plant
          Attached Files

Comment

I've gotten between 1oz to 4oz on an auto. It really just depends on the cultivar. GG4 will grow huge while a Blue Dream might be much smaller in size compared to the GG4. The most important time of an autos life is the first 30 days. If you can get good, unencumbered growth for the first month, you should get a beauty during bloom.
            Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
            ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
            Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
            🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
            (The Uncle Grandpa)
            🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
            🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
            🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
            🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
            http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

Great, it looks like a lot more but that amount would be great. Am i crazy or are they already recovering? Lightning slightly higher, a bid more k... defoliation needed? For now ill give them about 1L water per day and every week 1 time basic nutrients?
              Attached Files

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
                No3odiesShad0w commented
                Editing a comment
                Since they're in flower, their focus isn't on recovery and fixing stuff they're focus is on growing flowers.... So any leaves and any discolorations that are there are going to stay there they're not going to get fixed. Once the leaves start showing necrosis you may as well just pull them off. The whole point is making sure that they have everything proper going forward so they could focus on their flowers rather than stressing out about improper nutrition and cell damage leaf damage and the like.

no more questions everyone, thanks and keep growing jungles , this forum is great, thanks again

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, check it out after a few days....
                amazing, any tips go ahead, they are getting bigger
                Attached Files

Comment

• Rootsruler
                  Rootsruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep watering them and leave them alone!!! LOL! Looking good!

• No3odiesShad0w
                  No3odiesShad0w commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Smooth sailing.

Goodmorning and enjoy
                Attached Files

Comment

First 1 is down, 3 to go
                  Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X