Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Yellow cotyledons

Hello community,
    Germinated a single seed a week ago, planted my seed a day or 2 later. Last night it broke soil, however the cotyledons​ are yellow - wat could this mean? I used a basic potting mix from Bunnings, and been keeping it wet/moist
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Airies11; 09-19-2023, 04:50 PM. Reason: Photo added

What do you think the problem is?
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Typically it's an indication that the soil is hot with nutrients that are throwing the PH off.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd say you're on the money CB.

Hardware store potting mix is not a good choice of grow medium for cannabis

In my inexperienced opinion, I thought it could’ve been either over watering, or what crucialbunny said, ‘hot soil’, from the 6months worth of nutrients in the premixed potting soil I bought from the store? I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it and hope the potting mix doesn’t burn it. Would flushing it even help ? If it’s premixed store bought potting mix?

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I would plant it in some decent soil and get rid of the potting mix. I doubt it can be properly flushed as it will likely have slow release nitrogen additives in it which will stuff the plant when it goes into flower.

I use coco and mix my own nutes.

Prior to that I used a home made soil from compost and whatnot. If you can find some decent soil try that.

You want a soil pH of about 6.5

Thank u very much for the advice, I appreciate ur time and effort in responding! I’ll get onto that asap

Comment

I'm usually optimistic, but I believe you're going to lose this one. The first set of leaves are already burnt. The only thing I could think of is to transplant the thing into a peat plug. That would be get it out of the soil. But it is so young I doubt that would help.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

🪦☠️ ‘keep plants up high’ ~ repotted again last night in a plain soil and worm casting mix with a little coir. Woke up and she looked green and healthy. 2 hours later…DEAD! The dog tore her apart and literally chopped the roots off the seedling 🌱 - my heart breaks and I have no more seeds. Lesson learned 😔 Thank u kindly to those that took the time to read my post and reply with good advice 👍
          Attached Files

Comment

• dirtymike
            dirtymike commented
            Editing a comment
            I think i could have saved it, its green!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X