Busted in Texas for a Vape Pen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted in Texas for a Vape Pen

I traveled to San Diego and on the way home cut through Texas. Busted for the pen by a Texas state cop. He took the pen and let me go. He told me that vape pen was a felony in Texas. What a bunch of bullshit!
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Total bummer sorry for loosing your pen.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Howdy Mollisol, I live in Texas and that is the first time that I have heard of vape pens being illegal. What was in your pen? If it was cannabis, then it is illegal, and the DPS trooper just got himself a cheap high! They usually do not 'confiscate and release' out of state plates for felonies. Sorry for the bad experience.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        500mg THC 83% disposable pen. Only cost $37 at the dispensery in California. I'll get over it. But still sucked . And yeah it could have been much worse. Live and learn.

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        Its a beautiful state man. I wish the politics were different.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mollisol, I agree with You whole heartedly!!

Be glad that they didn't beat your ass and toss you in jail. That is not a state that I would ever visit. Glad you made it out ok.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks man

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        When I think about it more Mollisol I wonder what he'd of done if you asked him to step on it right in front of you? Yep i'm glad he did'nt make a issue of it.

Yeah. Aren't flame throwers, grenades, and tanks legal in Texas? Just no green flowers! Haha!
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tanks, yes. Grenades, no (unfortunately LOL!!)

• Going2fast
        Going2fast commented
        Editing a comment
        Flamethrowers definitely. Got one myself.

Texas, the state where you can't smoke dope, but you can smoke people

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Naw, the people are too hard to keep lit!! LOL!!!

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

If you had the Grace for a verbal warning and had to forfeit your vape pen, then count your blessings! A charge would show up on national d.b, especially if you fly,or cross borders in Either Direction!

Comment

I'm in TX a lot. Never had a problem. I usually travel with a happy kit, one hitter, and a couple of grams of flower, and a vape pen. I've been through DFW and several other airports around the state, even those on the southern border...no one has ever said a word to me. Thought I might get questioned by border patrol but didn't. Maybe you just had the one LEO that would arrest his/her own mother. Those people are out there for sure. One thing I can tell you about TX DPS. If you get stopped by them and the LEO gets out of the car with that western hat on, you're getting a ticket, for something.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I know a person from CA that grew weed and had a good crop, so good he wanted to sell some of it. So he loaded up and hit the road headed for Texas, stopped for fuel (truck stop in Nevada) and sold a bag to an undercover agent, and when he got to Texas he sold the rest to another undercover agent. Yep he went to jail, and all those pretty buds, well you can guess what they did with that.
            IF I am to cross a state line I carry nothing!

Comment

That sounds like a wild ride through Texas! Sorry to hear about the vape pen trouble. Laws can be tricky, right? I hope it didn't spoil the trip too much. You can get a new pen at https://www.dampfi.ch/. I like their products and buy them myself. Stay chill!
              Last edited by PiYoung; 11-27-2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

While I agree with most of the sentiments, what the hell were you doing/thinking to attract the attention of a Texas cop while holding? Discretion is the better part of valor.
                Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
                5 gallon cloth pots
                30"x30"x60" tent
                Spider Farmer SE3000
                Coco Pearlite mix
                GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Mollisol
                  Mollisol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pulled over for having a license plate bracket on the rear plate! What kinda BS is that?

Lucky you weren't a 12yo pregnant rape victim. Your medical termination options would be curtailed by a bunch of men who reckon they know what's best for you....I guess that's a state where the moral high ground rests with a bunch of fucked up tossers with big mouths making laws that would have been considered draconian 1000 years ago.
                Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
                Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I know man it's horrible! Just what we need. The government getting in between doctors and patients.
                  SF 35X47X70 tent
                  SF1000 X4
                  FFOF Soil
                  FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                  GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
                  Gelato Cake

Comment

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyF__k You Texas · Weird Wilbur--XXX Adults--onlyAsk for Weird Wilbur--XXX℗ 2005 Country Party MusicReleased on: 2005-01-01Auto-ge...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X