Stretching my harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stretching my harvest

As the recipient of much great counsel here, I wish to impart my best practices, thus far. My current crop consists of both photos and Autos, as there may be a virus or inhibiting factor that stunted my germination efforts. I'm about 45 days into this crop but the germinations stretched to the past week. My crop will be divided between the two sides of my tent. Anyhoo, I have an O.K. stash that may or may not last me until harvest...so onto my "Stretching" strategy!

1. Minimize consumption - Smaller bowls are all that's generally required for me. It took me a long time to figure this out. Maybe you can figure out your "best" consumption amount? With Cannabis, there IS a rate of diminishing marginal returns - WHY WASTE IT????
    2. Acquire and utilize a "Trim Bin". You are probably wasting a LOT of dry sift, which is like GOLD to me. The photo of my Trim Bin shows how I've scraped that goodness and the sift is after I've been liberally utilizing it on my bowls.
    3. A log of some sort, to document what you've done, when and what you watered with and other pertinent details is essential for me. It takes a couple of moments to write but may save your entire crop!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230324_084933[1].jpg
Views:	263
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	592114 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230324_084751[1].jpg
Views:	211
Size:	5.26 MB
ID:	592115 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230324_084458[1].jpg
Views:	223
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	592116
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

My measurement is a "pinch" per toke and two tokes is usually all I can handle. An ounce lasts me a very long time even with daily consumption. You deserve an award for the most filthy pipe I have ever seen. Is there a reason you don not clean it?
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Haaahaaa man i almost spit my coffee OldManGrower that's funny. When folks bring up dirty pipes an bongs i feel so quilty i go look at mine. Boy that rubbing alcohol an salt really cleans them well. Put it in a ziplock rollit around and gets it really clean.

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys have to quit it or I'll spit soda all over my monitor! LOL!!! Yes, my bong appears grody but I have my acceptable method...That and it's actually that color yellow, anyway. Apparently my attempt at camouflage backfired!

I don't like using alcohol, even though it's effective. By promptly placing the bowl receptacle directly under my faucet, I power-rinse. I generally wait for the hot water to start dripping from the mouthpiece, shake a bit and blow out any obstructions. I have a septic tank so my utilization of chemicals is limited. A healthy septic system will keep you out of trouble!

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Scrape that caked up bong...then clean it out...Plus side is you should have a really nice resin ball to help make it through...Personally I do not entertain resin from a bong, however back in the day that would not have been the case...

I use a dry herb vape (Pax 2) for many reasons, but one is that it stretches your stash super far!

You can fit about 1/4-1/3 of a gram into the oven and that's good for 25-35 hits depending on the temp setting, how tightly it's packed etc. We're daily consumers and that amount is good for both of us to have 3 rounds of about 6 hits each and that's perfect for the evenings!

The other great thing about using a dry herb vape is that you can save the vaped bud and use it for edibles. I save mine and make budder and then use that to make fruity pebble treats. My ratio is about 7g AVB (already vaped bud) to 1 stick of butter and that makes about 16 servings. Happy to share recipes if you'd like!
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on!!!

• Sixwinds
      Sixwinds commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two dry herb vapes - a desktop version and a portable one. The portable one is great to use at concerts or out and about because it looks just like a nicotine vape device.

Pro tip - since the herb you save from the vape is already decarbed you can stuff it directly into empty capsules (like the kind you get on amazon) and swallow them. Doing this gets me fairly high and is a simple way to "re-use" the vape herb without having to make edibles.

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow I butter slow down a little I put a quart in with 3 sticks. My daughter in law said my son was well in the outfield when he got home. Happy Trails. Peace Out

You might want to try a reclamator or whatever this is.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230324_102043.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	592127
    Keeps your rig clean and you collect all rosin oil in the silicone container for later consumption.

Comment

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I'll have to look into that!!!

Oh yes I save my sifts but that's what i don't have is a vap man good idea AGH
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X