Ace Seeds Killer A5 Haze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ace Seeds Killer A5 Haze

I am blown away by the size of the stems on these plants. I read about good genetics. Ace seeds has it. In past grows I've not seen this kind of girth in the stems. I wonder if that will translate into bigger fatter colas? I hope so. Today was trim day. I made the switch to flower a few days ago. I tried to follow Nebula's defol articles and instructions. My timing is a couple of days off though. The goal was to see light on the floor of the tent. I'm expecting the stretch to start any day. The girls are still a little bushy but we'll do another defol in about three weeks. Should be fun.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

I always had good results with Ace strains. Right now I have two Kali China girls growing in the "grow room" one of my fav strain from Ace Seeds. Looking forward to your harvest @golfnrl
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      The description on the Ace web site says these A5 plants will produce a high that nothing else will compare to. I sure hope so. It'll be fun to compare.

Oh man those look fabo-lishish very strong looking gals and oh my are those clones on that floor holy cow makes me wanna snag some up and root them. Nice job and lovely healthy plants.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

That's some nice color. Looks like you got a few for clones in the first pic. . I'm digging those Auto Pots, what brand are they. The one's I'm seeing are huge on the bottom. ??

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        This is where I bought mine. https://www.autopot-usa.com/
        A local grow shop was carrying them for a while. Check out that web site and watch some of the vids if you have time. Some of what I'm saying might make more sense. I have two systems both with a 12 gallon reservoir and have a Blue Lab PH controller for both. I use 5 gallon round cloth pots in both systems. I've grown with the air domes and without. Currently growing without them. One of my systems uses the original 1/4' tubing and floats. The other uses the newer larger 'pipe'. The newer floats have larger diameter openings. I like both of them. I'll eventually upgrade the old ones just because I like things to be uniform. The system is easy to set up and maintain.

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the site,I'm liking these. Sweet. im not internet savvy yet

Your plants look great. Thanks for posting the above link. I plan on ordering the 2 pot system with 5 gal fabric pots for my next grow in a 2 x 4 cabinet. Couple of questions:

1. When plants are small, I assume you just manually water until roots grow enough to get water from lower in the pot. How large were your plants when you started the system?

2. With past grows I would alternate between watering with just water and watering with nute solution. How do you handle your nute schedule? The system I am looking at has a 12 gal reservoir.

Thanks
      Last edited by RetiredGuy; 03-17-2023, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        I start seeds dropping them in a shot glass of water for 24-36 hours, then a Rapid Rooter, once the cotyledon leaves appear I turn on a T5 light and set it about 2-4" above the sprouts. At this point I water once a day with straight PH'd water using a 20m/l syringe to keep the rooters moist. The sprouts stay in the Rapid Rooters until I see roots out the bottom, then they go into a 50/50 mix of perlite and coco in a 3" biodegradable pot.

Once they are in the 3" pot they get 1/4 strength nutrients. They stay in the 3" pot until the leaves reach the side of the pot or I see roots at the bottom, whichever comes first. Then they go into their final home, which is the cloth pot for the auto pot system, so the plants are relatively small.

I top water in the auto pot until the leaves reach the side of the cloth pot and then I turn on the system That usually takes about a week-10 days. I grow in coco using CX Horticulture nutrients. It's an easy transition from the 1/4 strength nutrients for sprouts and seedlings to a stronger solution. I measure the EC of the 1/4 strength nutrient solution and start from there and go up. I try to transition from 1/4 strength to 1/2 during the hand watering but it depends on the plants. When I turn on the reservoir I'll start a stronger solution. Once the plants are in their final home I top water with a little runoff. I sit my cloth pots on a pedestal with a tray while I'm top watering. I use the knuckle test to determine when to hand water. I hope you like the system. A two-pot system will work nicely in a 2x4 tent.
        Last edited by golfnrl; 03-17-2023, 06:24 PM.

• RetiredGuy
        RetiredGuy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks golfnrl. When you are at home and top watering do you also keep the auto pot system running?

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        The auto pot system is off while top watering. Once the reservoir is turned on no more top watering at all, reason being with the bottom feed wicking system the plants push the salts from the nutrient solution up into the top part of the grow medium. Top watering after the rez is turned on sends all of that salt back to the roots, not good. The really cool thing that I discovered is that even though the plants are feeding from the same rez, each plant can be treated individually, if problems arise.
        Last edited by golfnrl; 03-19-2023, 08:30 AM. Reason: added more info

About three weeks into flower today. Did a heavy defol...the tent is full, which I'm happy about. No problems so far. Hoping the stretch is about over cause I'm almost out of space. If that happens, supercropping here we go. and the girls are still a little bushy. I'm still learning defoliation so I quit before I went too far. If I need to remove a few more fan leaves I will but nothing major I don't think. I can see light on the tent floor again so that's good. The autopot system is working flawlessly. This grow I am alternating the PH controller between 5.9 - 6.0 - 6.1
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Ace is the place for your helpful hardware man.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X