Too much weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much weed

So i recently harvested my 2 indoor plants. I did a dry trim, i wont be doing that again as it was a pain in the butt. I was doing stem bending test and there was no crunch after 13 days but feeling the nugs themselves they were try as hell. Brittle even so i decided it was time to pull them down.

While trimming i noticed alot of the nugs were very very leafy as if there was actually no nug and just sugar leaves. So my first question, is this normal? Im assuming it was due to them not getting enough light?

What do people do with these types of nugs, they still had alot of trics on them. So i just started throwing them into that garbage bag on the right. Are they worthwhile to make edibles with them?

Yes they are edible making buds
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Make gummies, salve, tincture, cookies. Do not discard.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I like hash!!!

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually did some research on this and the one place that sells dry ice is closed for the season lol

• hairyman
          hairyman commented
          Editing a comment
          Do it with regular ice and use an iron to press the hash. You just need to get some filter bags. It's fun but it takes a few hours.

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          few hours?? oh boy lol Sounds like i need to find some dry ice. Im going to look into delivery. Im assuming you can get it shipped

Learn how to infuse coconut oil with your larfy bits. The possibilities never end but gummies are hard to beat.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          So i actually have the Ardent FX, in past i infused with MCT oil and i just didnt like how it made me feel next day. I could barely open my eyes until a couple hours.

Is there an easy gummy recipe you can share?

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I adapted the recipe from LEVO's site. For a single batch:
          1 cup boiling water
          1 tsp sunflower lecithin
          1/2 cup infused coconut oil
          1 oz plain gelatin (a 4 pack box of Knox)
          6 oz flavored gelatin (large box of Jell-O)

In a silicone beaker, add water, lecithin and infused oil and whisk until mixed. Add the plain gelatin one packet at a time while still whisking then slowly add the flavored gelatin until well mixed. Quickly move to fill the silicone candy molds you laid out in advance on a cookie sheet. If you used a silicone kitchen beaker, you can squeeze it to form a pour spout with the bonus of not getting your hand burned. Fill bigger molds first. The smaller ones are easier to fill when the beaker isn't so full. Set the cookie sheet in a cold place for about an hour then remove gummies from the molds.

This recipe makes soft gummies. The original calls for half the water, lecithin and oil and makes hard gummies like the original Haribo bears. It is also super hard to get everything mixed well with that recipe. Sunflower lecithin is available at health food shops as an egg substitute. It is how the oil gets suspended in an aqueous solution without it all separating.

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          Youre recipe seems very easy. I think im going to try this one. Trying to avoid using pots and this one fits the fill

Can you Trim Bin some of those trichs to make infused olive oil or other edibles?

Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          sadly i dont have a trim bin.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          They are worth the price just for comfort alone plus they catch all that kief.

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          i think next rum im going to get it because i used a baking sheet and it really was coated in keef, it was painful just throwing away lol

Larfy buds...not a big deal if they get you high, at least to me. Not what you want but not the end of the world either. I smoke mine. Once they are ground up for the bong I've found that I could care les about the appearance, because my homegrown following GWE advice and growers on this site, is as good or better than anything I can buy in the dispo. You're probably correct about the cause...not enough light or not enough of the right kind of light. Save all the flower and trim every harvest...it'll come in handy.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Floopydoop
          Floopydoop commented
          Editing a comment
          ponzi314 this one works nicely I use refined coconut oil for less coconut taste. Have made gummies, brownies and even coco-krispy treats (awesome btw)

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          And I'm guessing that you've dried and cured them before they went into the garbage bag or is that after? Just curious. I don't have any really big bags but do have a couple of full turkey bags .

• ponzi314
          ponzi314 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome! thank you for recipe @Floopydoop

golfnrl i put all the good nugs in grove bags, they are currently curing. The larfy ones are still sitting in garage in garbage bag lol I plan to trim them off the branches into a bowl then go from there just havent had time. since its going to be for edibles im not too concerned about curing. I could be wrong though. I need to order more grove bags because they are jammed in there.

If you want hash the easy way, make bubble hash. It’s super easy and it’ll be the best hash you’ve ever had

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Magic Mike is right. Bubble hash is easy to make and it's real good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X