My baby is in trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! My baby is in trouble

Well, I looked in the book, but I couldn't figure it out so I leave it to all of you. Can you help me? It's in sore need of nitrogen. The best place I can get it? Urine.
    1part urine to 8 parts water. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN1116.jpg Views:	5 Size:	102.5 KB ID:	587187
    Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-29-2023, 02:30 AM. Reason: I think I have it.

Are you managing your pH? Most problems are a result of not doing just that. In the meantime, try this:
    Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I'm on top of the pH situation. Thanks to Bluey for his help. I have to use so much lemon juice to reach 6.5 that the plants don't like it. It takes 36 drops of lemon juice per 3 litres of water! Freakin' crazy. I have to go from 8.3 to 6.5 and it takes a lot. To be honest though, water pH has never really been a problem. The plants seem to tolerate the tap water pretty well.

Pretty sure his questions have been answered. Remember the movie The Fly ?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      You're so funny.

So I've been dying to find out how the pee fix turned out for you, how are your plants

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      yes me 2

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used urine (10 parts water, 1 part urine) for my organic grows previously and it works exceedingly well! It's important to make sure of a couple of things: you are physically healthy and you aren't taking medication that can pass through the urine. Other than that, urine has and is being used in organic growing of not only cannabis, but many other fruits, vegetables, and grains. While it might sound 'icky', as long as you're healthy and you dilute it down, it works very well. But then again, lots of what we use in organic gardening sounds 'icky'...bone meal, fish meal, bat poo, feather meal, worm castings (worm poo), etc!

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      They say fox urine is the worst smelling it you really want to make a hit. Thought about trying to tame a local one but decided against it for that reason.

Yeah I regularly put pee in my traditional outdoor compost (for whatever reason I don't want to give my worms the golden shower), mostly I'm just curious how overmedicated's plant is doing, he's been really struggling to carry one through flower that stays healthy.

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait a minute... Franklin, I've carried many through flowering. I haven't had to purchase any in a very long time. But I will be honest my education started when I came across this site and y'all took me in. I've learned more in the last few months than I ever did on my own in 2 years. As far as the urine experiment?? It went exceedingly well. The leaves regained their greenness, and it took off. It's the most gangly plant I've ever grown (partly because I didn't manifold it like I should have). All of my ladies are doing very well and it looks to me like y'all are doing the same! (music playing) SMOKIN'! (music playing) SMOKIN'! Feel all right mama I'm not jokin' yeah... Get down tonight!

Everything is working out all right here are some pics. The tall gangly one is the one that had the nitrogen deficiency.
    Attached Files

Comment

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy to get the good news! Well done!

• Franklin
      Franklin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great man! I didn't mean to imply that you had never brought one to flower, just that the last one or two that you showed here had a hard time in the flowering stage

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Adding N helped alot

My tap water is also 8.3. I use 4ml up down and it brings it to 6.4. I noticed if I don't use all the water , 3 day later it's up to 7.2.. can anyone explain that?. After I add the ph down I wait at least a half hour before I test it.

Comment

• 3Berries
      3Berries commented
      Editing a comment
      Depends on what is causing the high pH to start with. My well water is 7.4 and rich in Ca and a bit of Mg and iron that cause a hardness of around 440 ppm.

The Calcium and Magnesium Carbonate dissolved in the water are pH buffers and will raise the pH to it's equilibrium pH (7.4 in my case). But not all the carbonates have been neutralized (dissolved) so they have a lasting affect until they are fully neutralized. This neutralization is slowly happening in the soil as long as the pH is below what the nute water you use.

Same thing happens when you add limestone to the soil as it slowly reacts to the acid and releases the Ca and Mg while trying to buffer at a pH above 7. Buffers are not the same as straight out base and acid as they have baggage that comes along with them. This slows the process down and also in our case releases minerals that are needed.

Nitrogen and Phosphorus will cause lower pH to accumulate in the medium if over used, Potassium higher with the normal nutes.

Maybe it's need more water or air condition?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X