Best auto strains for a 2x2x4 tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best auto strains for a 2x2x4 tent

What are some auto strains that will stay short enough to grow in a 2x2x4 tent. I plan to LST and keep the light at 18" away from top of plant. I figure that the plant can only get 10-15" max height from soil level.
    Any suggestions?

While I don't have height restrictions I keep my autos under 15" with daily LST starting Day 17-20 and keep tying down until just after stretch.
    No matter the strain. Good growing.

Comment

I’ve grown a few in a 2x2x4. I think most autos tend to stay shorter but look for breeders who list their traits. Indicas and runts strain names tend to stay small. Training is key, and using a smaller pot helps too. I also found it tough to maintain 18”. I have a sf1000 and can run it 12-14” depending on strain and dimmer setting. I had to literally zip tie the light to the top bar so it was almost touching the top of the tent. My main tent is 2x4x5 and I don’t worry (too much) about height with two sf1000’s I can still run close and independently move them to cater to a bigger plant.

Comment

Most auto strains are short to medium in height. The strain info on many seed sites will give you insight into how tall you should expect them to grow. I have never had one reach the size they predict. Using smaller pots, not larger than three gallon and applying LST will guarantee a smaller plant. I have found that none of the auto strains I have grown exceeded 24 inches or came close to the expected height. Add 24" plant plus an11 inch pot and 18" for the light and you have 53" or 6" less than you need. So, if you purchase seeds for short plants, you will most likely be OK.

I currently have 1 Gorilla Glue and 1 Northern Lights autos which are 21" tall and almost ready for harvest. Depending on your light, the 18" elevation seems rather arbitrary. I currently have my 300w. light 9" above the plants at 90% power, Check the manufacturers specs for recommendations
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Yep what OldManGrower grower is saying is truth about them autos. Shoot just LST them an no worries just pick a strain you think you'd like man.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree with what has been said above. All I grow indoors is Autos. My tent is 2x2x4. That was a big mistake - if I had had more knowledge when I bought it it would of been 5 or 6 feet tall. Northern Lights have been the strain that has worked the best for me. LST and topping (yes I top my Autos with no issues). And the flowering smell is so much better than any other strain I've found. I also grow in 2 gallon fabric pots - 4 per grow in the small tent. I also grow Sweet Seeds Pure CBD (I'm drug tested) but they grow quite tall.
            Good luck - have fun - Happy Pfarming!
            Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
            Canna Coco Or
            Happy Frog soil
            Fox Farms nutrients trio
            Smart pots
            Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

• Blowdout2269
              Blowdout2269 commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't this "Pure CBD" plant still have a measurable amount of THC? Other than hemp crop, I haven't found anything that doesn't contain some D9.
              Tell me more?

• jamesphoto
              jamesphoto commented
              Editing a comment
              Very low THC . I can pass a 10 panel per test. It's just considered hemp. But it's the same fun growing this plant too.

• Blowdout2269
              Blowdout2269 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pure CBD, huh?
              Gonna have to look into that.
              I do have some hemp seeds that I got in some flower from Half Day a couple years ago.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X