Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting Matanuska Tundra grow - any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Matanuska Tundra grow - any advice?

Hello all!

Will be starting a run of Matanuska Tundra (aka Alaskan Thunderfuck) in a couple of days and am open to hearing anything that you all have learned while growing this specific strain!

A little info:
    - Matanuska Tundra from SeedSupreme (x4 seeds)
    - All organic
    - Soil is Roots Organic
    - Amendments: Earth Dust
    - Lights: GSC Electric Sky 180v3 (x2)
    - Been growing for a couple of years. Have successfully experimented with SCROGs and manifolds previously but am planning on only topping once or twice along with LST on this run since it's a shorter/bushier strain.

Just hoping for any tips, tricks, or advice that you're willing to share regarding this particular strain based on your experience.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AGH; 01-27-2023, 03:13 PM.
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Had one last grow outdoors (2 seasons ago). Should be lots of pics in the show your grow thread. Had a Bruce Banner too.
    Heavy huge colas, and a pretty unique stank to it. Hits like a truck, overall was impressed but was difficult to control the outdoor issues, especially late in the season.
    Good luck!

edit: I see now that you're kind of experienced with training. That would have made my grow a lot better. Train the crap out of it!!!!
    Last edited by Floopydoop; 01-27-2023, 04:12 PM.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome! Everyone I've spoken with who's consumed it has LOVED it so I'm super excited about it.

And thanks for the info re: training. Glad to know it will respond well!

Never tried growing it but i've sure read about it. Best of luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• AGH
      AGH commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! Will try to keep everyone posted with how it's going...looking forward to this run!

Question about the seeds, in particular the size.

I've never seen a bean so tiny before. Didn't even think it would sprout.

A bit bigger than a sesame seed on a burger bun, tiny little buggers.

Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X