Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homemade cleaning supplies, what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade cleaning supplies, what do you use?

I was today years old when I tried this.

Instead of going to Ye Olde Headshoppe and buying a $20 bottle of glass cleaner I went to the grocery store.

Big bottle of the cheapest salt I could find, and a big bottle of wintergreen scented 99% ISO Alcohol.

Dumped about a quarter cup of salt into my glass waterpipe, filled to the stem with alcohol.

Covered the holes, and shook furiously for a few minutes.

SPOTLESS.

For about a dollar per cleaning. Smells like wintergreen until evaporates, then Bob's your uncle.
    What do you use that's cheaper than the mass produced wallet robbing cleaning supplies?

Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Lol pro tip coarse salt works faster.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Table salt is better in spoon/small pipes.

I remember my first...homemade pipe cleaner, lol.
    Yeah, coarse rock salt and alcohol was something that I have used since high school.
    Glad you discovered this!
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't get the top bubbler on my bong clean ... I might need a stronger 'shaker'. I haven't used it in months, hate seeing it dirty when using it. I watched the YT videos, this piece has me stumped.

Never said I was quick, but I catch on eventually. Don't remember those solutions being so darned expensive back then.

Prefer a big ol steamroller, but haven't been able to find a nice one (or any actually).

Don't actually enjoy waterpipes, I get lazy then they stink, or worse, spill.

Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I buy the non-wintergreen 91% ISO, 2 big bottles from WM for $5. Everything doubled in price 20+ years ago here but the owners gave deals to the 'oldies', they were there for the young kids' money.

I think I would pay someone to clean my two Seahorse dab/vape devices. Using one to vape and one to dab right now, so over the cleanings. And buying tips.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Floopydoop
      Floopydoop commented
      Editing a comment
      I really thought long and hard (giggle) about one of those

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Floopy, I like them. The pro+ has a nicer see-thru tip option, expensive but worth it on sale for a pack. And I think it stays cleaner longer, traps more. I plan to call them tomorrow, saw an email about a sale but I should have a saved deal on my acct, issues with the first pro. One night, probably during the Xmas blizzard weekend, I had two new vape carts. Five Palm batts and one stick battery all failed, felt like the Twilight Zone, given the howling winds and all. A Seahorse got me high, I like it for vaping, 3 heat settings, no magnets to clean. They should give the devices away free, for the cost of tips and glass if you lose or break something - it's a racket.

For the cost of a pot of boiling water, I get my dab rig spotless.
    Dab rigs are different. The glass stays clean. The reclaim gathers like a tar ball and floats on the water. They also don't smell to hell like bongs!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a dab rig for my bong. It got burnt. Is there any way to get that off or is it garbage can material?

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      First thing to try is heat it red hot. That will often get rid of most of the burned. You can't get rid of all of it. No reason to GC your piece until it breaks.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Mr Ginger. It doesn't look as bad as my eyes remembered. Maybe I tried that, it's been a while. I bought a Seahorse Pro last 420 day, nine months and way too many tips ago. Getting something better this coming 420.

I have a big'ol hookah and need to use a baby bottle brush with a Gerri rigged extension handle. I am the epitome of a classic hippie I fear.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an old ceramic bong, short, with a circle for cleaned weed and stem in the middle. It's buried in a box in my backyard with a Club rolling tray and other things. I need a metal detector.

The best solvent to cut resin and crud is acetone. Just a plain soaking will remove most anything. A light brushing or dose of salt will remove the rest. Don't use it on plastic, it will dissolve most plastic.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried salon strength acetone, most of the bottle, I liked 91% ISO better.

I use Norway Spruce twigs for pipe cleaners. Make my own laundry soap. Use a lot of citric acid for rust busting. And second the acetone clearing for resin. Got to be fast though.

Comment

Haven't tried acetone to clean the bong yet. But I do use it for other things. It's cold and evaporates fast but I could see where it would cut through the bong residue. I've used rock salt but have settled on coarse kosher salt to clean the bong. That and and a little ISO does the trick. Only thing I have about the ISO is the smell. It's off-putting to me but it beats buying the overpriced stuff at the vape store.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the coarse salt an 70% works great cleaning glass i put them into a gal. zip lock gently swish around

You need the paint grade acetone and it will often cloud plastic.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X