Small popcorn buds instead of big full buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small popcorn buds instead of big full buds

I have 9 pound hammer in 7th week of flower. 600watt, 12/12 light, fox farms media. They are about 2.5 ft tall. Budding sites are small and loaded with little branches and leaves. What do you think? Too much nitrogen in flower stage? I did boost all nutes this grow. Maybe should have just cut the nitrogen out?!?!

Don't take it personally. Looks like a bum seed.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Stick around long enough and you'll see oddities. My worst was four plants with beautiful flowers but not a single trichome. Didn't smell like anything.
      Check grow info on your strain. It will help you know what to hypothetically expect. If you have the time and space, let them grow and see what happens.
      You probably couldn't have done anything different and gotten different results.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, looks like some excess nitrogen but that wouldn’t account for the other strangeness.....not by itself. Something is off genetically I’d say...looks a lot more like a hemp plant than a cannabis plant. Hemp can get strange tops like that. Maybe mixed genetics?

• Dtucek
        Dtucek commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense... Thanks for the input.

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, this could be something- I just started an auto grow about 4 weeks ago and one of my eight plants is looking a bit strange- kinda like yours but it’s quite a bit younger. It’s already starting to get into its flowering stretch but it’s sparse without much branching. Quite a bit different than the others. Looks like it’s ruderalis genetics are primary- narrow profile/ not much branching, airy colas, no dense nugs. I’ll wait and see how it turns out but if it’s a hermie it will have to go. Cant have it messing with the others!

To my eye I see some re-veg going on.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is also my suspicion.
        Has your light schedule been permanent?

• bdeegan
        bdeegan commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I had a small clone last run that looked exactly like the top of that plant when it reveged. I think I simply changed it’s light schedule too much from what it was used to (I run my lights at night). It did eventually grow out of it and I actually got a weird 3 way split at the top so no need to top it!

• Dtucek
        Dtucek commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes it does look like that. Lights are good at 12/12. No light in on off cycle. Never opened.

I was wondering about a pineapple express feminized while growing very fast to auto flower. At the bottom of a sack I had been using, we're about three seeds I could see.Finding them explained so much about my problems.
      It appears you have a fan blowing directly on them by the leaves clawing, higher humidity than normal? Just looks strange doing that but genetics are weird.

Comment

• Blowdout2269
        Blowdout2269 commented
        Editing a comment
        Umm...what?

Possibly a zucchini or eggplant....NFI
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X