Please don't tell me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Please don't tell me...

Besides the obvious light and nitrogen burn... can you tell me what is wrong with this plant? It is not sticky although it was at one time. It gets you there, but it looks like it may be a Hermie? The trichomes are all brown, but they look like spider hairs with occasional mushrooms. I guess I just want to know if I wasted 10 weeks growing a she-male.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0831.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	586173
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN0829.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.05 MB ID:	586171
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OverMedicated; 01-19-2023, 12:32 AM.

Looks like it's been near loved to death. My first grows were like this.

Less is more!

Comment

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      This plant has unusually large seed sacs is why I asked. They almost look like pollen sacs.

• ZigZag
      ZigZag commented
      Editing a comment
      Like SoOrbudgal said those are swollen calyx, not seed sacks. They are where seeds would be if the plant was fertilized.
      If there were male flowers you’d see them as flowers dumping pollen all over and that’s very obvious! Or “nana’s” but I’m not seeing any of those either but I’d need to see closer photos to tell. They can form when the female gives up on finding a guy and just decides to do it on her own. At this point nanas wont likely be a problem since you are close to harvest. Nanas look like little bananas growing in your colas, not flowers but they carry pollen too. If your still concerned there might be seeds then take a few of the calyx between your fingers and give them a good squeeze. If its hard resistance there may be a seed but if they squish then nothing to be cornered about. If it seems hard then open it up, a seed will be obvious!

• OverMedicated
      OverMedicated commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, guys, so much. I went ahead and dry docked her. She had one hell of a root! No seeds, no pollen, I think we're good here. What a relief... that's my up for the month. LOL!

Dude those are swollen calayx they get this way when it's harvest time.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Howdy OverMedicated, I'm not a soil grower, but if that was a 'hydro' plant, I would suspect pH problems. Just a thought.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Last edited by DW2; 01-19-2023, 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• OverMedicated
        OverMedicated commented
        Editing a comment
        That is the next problem I intend to tackle. Got me a tester and a bottle of lemon juice. I'm ready!

Looks like a bit nutrient burn and light/heat stress....
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• OverMedicated
        OverMedicated commented
        Editing a comment
        It was as SoOrbudgal was saying a dark plant I think. I just thought it was exotic.

Looking at the pics, it doesn't look like a hermie. Here is a great article with what a male plant would look like https://www.growweedeasy.com/preflowers and here's a great one with tons more pics of male vs herm plants https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...ermies-bananas
      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

OverMedicated Harvest that girl and smoke it. Don't worry about it being a Hermie. Hermies get you just as fucked up as non hermies. You may just have a few seeds. Which by the way are always female.
        Last edited by kingfish; 01-21-2023, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Sometimes you let them get way too old they have produced white non vialble seed pods
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• OverMedicated
          OverMedicated commented
          Editing a comment
          I did do that once before and got some little white triangular seeds.

SoOrbudgal
        Yup, I know this first-hand, lol.
        Back to playin in the dirt!
        Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
        I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

As for your plants health-not looking like any nitrogen burn, more like general nutrient burn and maybe a bit of light burn, maybe some ph issues. No matter what you do those leaves won’t recover, but your colas are looking pretty good, be time to harvest any day. I’d just cut all nutrients, cut off all the damaged leaves and flush well every two days for a week. That will help clean out the extra nutes and salts and your product will taste a lot better.
          ps: nitrogen burn shows up as very dark green leaves, with the leaf tips curled down.
          Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
          liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X