No announcement yet.

I propose a "Drive of Shame" (DOS) experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work! I perceive there exists a perception of godlike power from some vendors. They think most folks won't complain due to it only being legalized recently.​
    The people at the dispensary had no idea either. I told them about it my next trip and they said they had been getting tons of returned cartridges. They all probably worked, but the company was skeezy and hoping for another 10 bucks for a battery sale. Got a free bag of edibles for the helpful advice.

That's all I get at the dispos now. Them tasty gummy bear things. I can't make anything that tastes like a blueberry slurpee so I'll pay the premium.
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi! I had a run of bad carts and rechargeable disposables. Dispo replaced them all because others had issues also. Then one worked half-azz. I had 5 Palm batteries clean, charged but would not work one night, tried my stick battery, no-go. Hard to fathom, I had cleaned every magnetic bottom, the threads, fully charged but none worked. Last resort was to use my Seahorse for vaping and I'm still using one just for that. Then one night I had a cart that wouldn't work on either Seahorse, defective, the bottom was different. It's been a rough winter high-wise, so far. The charge for vaping with a Seahorse lasts loong.

My Drive of shame report and proof that at least some of what the Gingerbeard ed one says is true …

During the last few weeks I visited a friend for a few days. He had recently gotten a hybrid tabletop vaporizer. Needless to say my press also made the trip. My friend had purchased a gram of live rosin. I’m not positive of the brand but I’m pretty sure this is a good representation
    Click image for larger version

Name:	83004D12-B447-47CE-9094-E6239C5ED19D.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	585759
    Notice the nice packaging and exceptional non speckled translucence that reveal NO additional plant material at all! Nice keepsakes to accompany the $55 price tag that did not include $14.30 tax. Was it good, oh ya! Tastey?, You bet!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0DBC01A0-9C8C-460F-98F2-5F08608A4D1A.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	932.2 KB
ID:	585760
    This is a good representation of what we pressed out. Shown here is Creamy Blacklights 1.6 grams pressed out of a 37 micron bag. Notice the lack of any packaging, notice also (obviously present) the plant material OTHER THAN rosin and this was pressed with a 37 micron bag! Oh, price? Whatever about a square foot of parchment paper cost. Was it good, oh ya! Tastey?, You bet!

But the question is at heart - How did they compare and which is better?
    I have to start by stating what GB ALWAYS says about home pressed and home made concentrates in general is TRUE and not something I’ve ever really questioned - yep they have more plant material - no doubt! Does it matter? Not to me, it may and DOES to some.

Dispensary bought.—————— VS —————- Home pressed
    PRICE - Home Pressed
    PACKAGING & KEEPSAKES- Dispensary
    TASTE - slight tip to the Home Pressed side likely due to freshness
    VISUAL PURITY - Dispensary
    EFFECT STRENGTH & DURATION - Home Pressed hands down!*

* Dispensary product had a nice taste but really only lasted about 10 minutes or so. The Home pressed rosin tasted amazing and kept your head hummin for a good hour on the same amount.

My choice - even with impurities is the Home pressed though it may require the extra added work of swirling the alcohol soaked swab around the bowl a few more times when you’re done.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You could clean that up if you wanted to do the work, right? You know how jealous I am of owning a smasher, I've watched and read a lot, the closest I've gotten.

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your AWESOME contribution!!! I would surmise the plant material will diminish, with a smaller micron such as a 90 micron bag.

Well since (John Belushi excuse string) I had car repairs from June to December, well over $2K; two pugs with colitis from Aug-Nov, $4/can food x 2; I needed an HVAC repairman, a new clothes dryer, plumbing and drain work; my birthday started a blizzard .... I haven't bought dispo weed for a few months, unless too cheap to pass up, I add it in the spaces between chunks when rolling a doob via a device.

I only buy two different brands' jars, costs a little more but well worth it. No shake covered buds, these are hard, trimmed-close buds that my eyes can see trichs smiling at me when breaking off a small piece for a mini chillum. The jar says started from seed and cold something, explains their process. Always high %, coveted weed. Don't get a tolerance to it before it's gone. Before being septic and then trying to pay off credit card before interest hits, I would go back the next day for another jar when I found something good. Have not seen Mag Landrace on a menu here for a long time, nor South Beach or another that I really liked. Once in a while WW shows up, I have saved searches. Lately I have to depend on my nephew's friend, gives great qty prices.

BU2B A gram of Black Domina budder? lasted me a month, your pic reminded me of it but it was light yellow, dispo, haven't seen it since. Story of my life. In daylight I'll have to take pics of the premium buds' jars' info. With close trimming and other parts of the process I think you could match the jarred looks, I don't doubt your weed's strength.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      changeofpace2014 Thanks. The furnace needs to be addressed, not sure which guy to call or if waiting is detrimental.

Car: 2 new tires, installation, rear brakes/rotors, double muffler replacement plus a special pipe, tie rod, replace power steering lines ... the sway bar and something else are rusty, could break might not. Previous winter front axle replaced. 2007 Impala <70K miles. Gotta keep it now.

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you are is one of the rust belts with all that corrosive road treatment, would of said salt but we know what they use now is way more corrosive.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      changeofpace2014 North central IL, I-80 corridor. Mechanic's helper told me that putting the car in the garage during snow/road 'salt' time if it melts it sits and rusts in places, like a little silicon support part under the bottom of the steering fluid lines. he said it's better to leave it out in the cold then wash it off when it warms up to meltage. I always thought people who raced out on a nice day to fill the car washes were just anal about having clean cars in winter. I was wrong.

BU2B is on to something. Maybe we can develop a scorecard comparison without getting into the THC percentages, etc? BU2B has a good start. I've bought dispo weed. No shame there. Some of it was kick @$$. Some of it wasn't. Flower from the dispo's I've been too have common characteristics. Generally, buds are rounded, smooth, hard, and crumbly. Some have had visible trichs, some haven't. All have smelled great. I took some of my sticky homegrown Gold Leaf, molded it to look like a dispo flower and let it sit out for a couple of days. Guess what? It got, hard and crumbly just like the dispo weed.

I'm also an idiot. I didn't think to take a malfunctioning cartridge back for a replacement. Didn't know I could. D@mn.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, they're selling small Bovedas now instead of just tossing one in before sealing the jar.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      in IL you can't take anything back but if you contact them timely they will replace. matter had cart issues, I have received 5-6 bad carts plus a messed up jar of wax budder since March. Blueberry AKx2, Grape Apex2, forget what else. And you can't take the tops off to capture the oil, I have two sitting here waiting for me to research further, two were 'captured' but not near a gram, by looks. I just want to combine them all, decarb for edibles. However, a replacement for one cart was a Verano Gelato and the buzz was as good as the first time, almost 7 years ago. High % for a vape cart.

My White Widows have matured and this is my first attempt at pressing any of it. This rosin came from about one third of an oz. The rosin is now decarbing, as I intend to make jello shots.Click image for larger version

Name:	BR2K Rosin 01262023.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	586987
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Floopydoop
      Floopydoop commented
      Editing a comment
      weedbewbs!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like to dab that.

Here is a little link with some interesting methods the big guys are using to dry cannabis...Might further explain some of the results...https://dhydra.com/cannabis-drying/.. Did you see the scraggly bud structure on the one he is hanging.

Comment

I was giving away legally-grown weed to friends before the dispensaries even got going in this state. I'm too far ahead now for a DOS.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X