Starting second round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Starting second round

Welp looks like I can finally get growing again, my last grow was my first and I think it went really well with all of the great help I got here. Really excited to get started again, had a silly smirk on my face for 2 days.
    Running the same 4x4 rdwc setup with my 2 es300’s (super bummed about green sunshine going out of business..if you ever want to let yours go bboyfromwayback let me know!)
    Starting 4 Mephisto autos while I build a smaller 2x4 set up for them, I think the 4x4 might be overkill and I’ve got plans for it either way.
    Pics are now except for the jars and the video (if it works) are my last grow. I’ll keep posting progress. Stay safe y’all!
    Attached Files
    4x4
    Bubbly rdwc
    ES300s
    Cold water
    GH flora
    Mistakes

First grow? Impressive! 1 oz per jar?

Comment

• Sino
      Sino commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, more or less. The guides here made everything pretty straightforward, and there’s a lot of info in the forums you gotta dig for.

Congratulations on your success!
    Did you build that RDWC system?
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

• Sino
      Sino commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! No it’s a set up from Gary at pa hydro..it’s pretty “modifiable” once you know the blueprint..I’m building a 3 site for a 2x4 right now but I’m getting the parts little by little instead of buying the “kit” like I did the first time.

What???? Is that for real???? My ES180’s are by far my favorite lights followed by the ES300. I have several Mars Hydros and a few other brands of LED’s, none of which come close to the Electric Sky’s. I’m gona go order a couple 180’s if they still have them 😤

Comment

I can't seem to find Electric Sky's anywhere now.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Me either! Every site online I sold out. I found a few used ones on EBay selling for close to original purchase price. The Green Sunshine Co website says they’re sold out and production has been discontinued 😤😭😭😭 I don’t want to go back to HPS! These are the only LED’s I’ve tried that are comparable

Yes, very sad.
      That's why I'm looking into Mars Hydro and Spider Farmer now.
      :/

Comment

Welp looks like I got the gosh darn root rot on these 2 week olds mann. So upset. I saw it coming on the leaves but thought it was my water not evaporating chlorine enough, come back from Turkey travel and my girls are sad sad sad.
        I run a chiller and hydroguard so I must’ve messed up somewhere. I thought I had light leaks blocked well but maybe not, either that or something wasn’t clean enough from my last run.
        I don’t even know if I want to do the peroxide deal to try to fix them or just toss them and really bleach everything down good and start over since they’re autos and might not bounce back in time. Bleh.
        Attached Files
        4x4
        Bubbly rdwc
        ES300s
        Cold water
        GH flora
        Mistakes

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          In the past I’ve considered purchasing some individual tubs with a similar build. What do you think of the tubs? My reason for asking is that many reviews I’ve read said they are notorious for light leaks which is why I never shelled out the $ to find out. Regardless of whether it’s the tubs - looks like issues somewhere. 😞
          Last edited by BU2B; 11-26-2022, 11:06 PM.

BU2B Yeah I’m not sure I mean I do love my buckets lol you already know I don’t have much to compare it to but I do love my system. I think I can have better water practices to start with, I was lazy about some things because they weren’t issues before but now I’ve moved and it seems like my water is coming from a different treatment plant. I’m not sure if the most minuscule spec of light can start root rot but there are specs getting in the way it is right now. I plan on cutting some holes in paper plates and covering the net pot and with that I should have absolutely no light. I don’t think I cleaned my stones when I packed up last time too..They don’t make plant bibs for hydro guys? Did a high lightbulb just go off? Lol
        4x4
        Bubbly rdwc
        ES300s
        Cold water
        GH flora
        Mistakes

Comment

I'm curious...Is this system a custom build, or was it purchased as a set? My first and current RDWC/DWC system is essentially the exact tub design seen here on GWE and I have found it rather inconvenient to say the least. I would really like to upgrade to a bucket-style system whith a separate reservoir. This way I can do nutrient water changes without disturbing the girls and to have something more permanent for training purposes. It really doesn't help that I'm attempting to contain a bush that I veg'd for to long, lol. I'm quite interested in building something of my own.
          Sorry to be somewhat off-topic. It's by no means an attempt to sidetrack your discussion. Feel free to message me directly if you prefer.

Comment

• Sino
            Sino commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t apologize! It’s a build from a hydro shop in PA..you can YouTube PA hydro fallponic the guy has a bunch of videos on it and once you know the build you can either buy it from him or just get everything online or Home Depot or what have you and build it yourself..it’s super easy. I’m building a different one for my 2x4 and it’s pretty cool. To me he seems really knowledgeable when it comes to hydro builds and he goes into why you should use certain things and not others without promoting his own stuff; he encourages you to buy your own stuff locally and whatnot to save on shipping. If you end up doing it and need help give me a holler

That's exactly what I need to know. The concept is rather easy. It's the exact size schematics that I'm still fuzzy on. Like size of feed and return lines compared to reservoirs for creating proper circulation, for example. Does yours circulate and airate the nutrients solution properly? Does the pH stay uniform throughout the whole system?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X