Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrogen (N) deficiency progression?

deleted-deleted
    Last edited by Guest; 03-29-2023, 01:49 AM.

Water and Urine 10:1.....

Comment

I think N2 deficiency starts at the bottom and the leaf gradually yellows slowly over the whole leaf.

Urine is probably the main source of organic or natural ammoniated nitrogen.

Comment

When it comes to N, I use urine at the 10:1 ratio. But I also don't use synthetic nutes and don't take any medication (good on you being aware that could harm your girls!).

A couple things to remember about Nitrogen:
        - It's going to affect the lower leaves first since it's a mobile nutrient and the plant will 'cannibalize' itself if it's short on N.
        - In flower, you really shouldn't need to add much, if any N since your plants need significantly less of it in flowering. If it's not too bad, leave it be and when you run those genetics the next time, make sure to provide some extra N during veg. Too much N in flower can affect the taste of the buds and may lock out other nutrients the plant actually needs since N is like candy bars to cannabis plants and they'll take in as much of it as they can.
        - Those pink stems could be a normal characteristic of your genetics. If you know what strain you're growing, you can do some research and find out.
        - The pattern of chlorosis on the leaves that have been picked off looks like it MIGHT be N deficiency, but it also looks like it might be light stress. It almost looks like another leaf was covering parts of the leaves that you removed and the part that was covered remained green and the part exposed to too much light turned yellow. If those leaves came off from the upper part of the canopy, that could be it. If they came off the lowest part of the plant, not likely light stress.

My suggestion: if it's not progressing, leave it be and make adjustments on your next grow. If it is progressing, is it starting at the bottom of the plant? If so, it could be N, if not, it's probably not N. Regardless, just be cautious of adding too much N at this stage. Afterall, nothing good happens quickly when it comes to growing cannabis!

And be proud - overall, your plants look very happy!
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

You should tell use about your light and distance.

If you use canna did you hit them with the P/K?
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Oh I'm not done with you yet, lol.

Checking run off and letting the pot dry is counterproductive in most case adding unnecessary complexity to 99% of the growers out there (big subject here and best to leave it at that). Just make sure you are getting 10% to 20% runoff.

That Calmag is made for people running RO water who have stripped the cal mag from their Source water, if you are using tap water then you most likely have more then enough calmag, dropping that will make room in the E/C range for your primary nutrients. Since moving into City Water from well water I haven't used cal-mag much in over a year, plus saves you money, time, waste.....

The chart is a little confusing and you have to cross reference it back to Growing Experience, the way they give the range of weeks can be confusing even for me after not growing for a summer. Basically I look at Autos as the lowest number available and photos somewhere in between.

except for this week with the p/k I try to Target an EC of 1.2 through flowering, 0.8 in veg with a base 0.3 tap water

What is your Base water E/C?
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X