Leaves turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves turning yellow

Just noticed it today pulled a few leaves off and notice they are all turning yellow using roots organic soil (basic one) and the nutrient line also (cal mag, surge, oregonism XL, roots grow) I ph my water to between 6.05 and 6.10 and use roots organic suggested feeding schedule any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

It looks like you're growing in soil, correct?
    More information would help us help you.
    How old is the plant? Have you flipped to flower?
    Wheres ur lights? How often do you water? Do you use nutrients every watering?
    From what I see...yellowing/the claw...with the info given; I say nitrogen toxicity. Let's hear what others have to say.

Until then, you can always try the "Plant Problems" link from the drop bar in the upper left corner.
    Last edited by Blowdout2269; 10-19-2022, 09:57 PM.
    Back to playin in the dirt!
    Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
    I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

In soil I would suggest a pH of 6.3-6.7.

Comment

Yes growing in soil roots organic basic soil. The plant is 5 weeks old at this point and still in veg my mars hydro ts600 is about 16 inches away from my canopy I water every four days with 3 gal pots it seems to keep them happy I don’t use nutrients every watering although the last two watering I used cal mag with one then four days later I used surge to try and correct the problem it looked good for a few days then started turning yellow again with nitrogen toxicity how would I help that? Thanks for the advice so far though

Comment

Dude you have serious PH fluctuations resulting in nutrient uptake issues. Raise your PH to 6.7-6.8 or so and add additional Cal Mag as well as a light dose of nutes. I know nothing about your light but you also seem to have light stress.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thanks so much for the suggestions I will raise my ph for my next watering but that’s not until Saturday they were just watered on Tuesday they should make it until then?! I’m hoping when you say additional cal mag are you suggesting I double the dose? And half the nutes? Also my light is the most basic mars hydro model very basic I’ll upload a pic of how far it is from my canopy

Comment

OnDRockGrower I have the same damn thing with my alcupulco gold and amnesia at 4 weeks flowering. A few people have said the same nitrogen. And the ph probably has been locked up with 6.1 ph so your roots maybe effected. A big douche will help out you know a flush.
              Last edited by LemonBud; 10-20-2022, 05:12 AM.
              1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
              1 sf2000 @200 watts
              2 philzon @230 watts
              2x4x5 tent
              3x6x8 closet
              Fox Farm ocean forest
              Black gold for seedling
              3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
              RH 40-60
              Temp 70-80
              Feeding with FF trio with molasses
              calmag and a little flower fuel
              Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

look like light burn. coupled with too high humidity and poor PH. Soil grows need to be smack in the middle for best results at 6.5. Calibrate your PH tester if you haven't already.

Give the plants a good flush (3 times the pot size in water only), adjust your humidity and heat if necessary, adjust the light up to about 20-24 inches and give them a few days to respond.
                I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It's been a couple of weeks since your post, curious about the steps you've taken and how they've affected your plant?

Looking at the pictures, it doesn't appear to be a N issue - a deficiency of N starts at the bottom of the plant and the leaves at the bottom or yours seem to be healthy. Likewise, it doesn't seem to be an N toxicity since that tends to make the leaves a very deep green.

With the most affected leaves being at the top, it would indicate light stress. LEDs can be tough when it comes to identifying light stress for a couple of reasons (I use 2 Electric Sky 180v3s so I've run into this):

- LEDs can create light stress without the symptoms of heat stress and many articles about light stress combine the symptoms with heat stress so it's easy to overlook that light can cause symptoms like that.
                  - LEDs create TONS of light. Light is food for your plants (contrary to general understanding where most believe it's the nutrients you add) and when they get too much light, they aren't able to process all of it. With LEDs, light stress can happen very slowly and gradually over the course of several days/weeks.

With the slow progression of light stress that can be caused by LEDs, because we love our plants, we notice something changing....maybe some chlorosis of the leaves...and we search for solutions. Since it's happening slowly and doesn't look like light/heat stress that we've seen examples of in other articles we don't recognize it for what it is and start chasing different nutrients and supplements and that's a logical response, even if it isn't accurate.

It also looks like they may be experiencing some watering issues. The leaves all look like they're drooping at the ends of them. Ironically, this can be a symptom of both under- and over-watering and can only be sorted out on watching how your plant behaves when it's watered. For example, do they perk back up when you water them or do they stay droopy like that? Are they droopy after you water them or only as it gets time to be watering day? You didn't mention how much water you're providing when you water them, but what's the soil like when you water? Is the top inch dry or is it still moist? Three-gallon pots aren't that big so you may want to try watering less but more often depending on what your soil feels like on your watering days. It's easy to over-water but it's very important that your roots have plenty of oxygen which is one of the big benefits of using cloth pots if you're not already.

Check the distance of your light (check out the manufacturer's suggestions on light intensities/distance/growth stage) and adjust as necessary. Make sure your watering regimen is on point and that you're managing your temps/humidity and see how that helps out.

Keep us posted!
                  Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                  Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Here is a update for those of you who want to know what happened one of the plants turned out to be male and the other just died only one made it to flower its doing really well considering the stress it went through it has been in flower for about 3 weeks but it has only had one dose of bloom nutrient last week and one watering Friday Dec 16th adjusted my PH to 6.5 - 6.6 also I let my nutrients sit for at least 24 hours before I give it to my plant that has also helped a lot she will stay in flower for 6 more weeks and a flush thanks for all the advice
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by OnDRockGrower; 12-18-2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the update! One of the best things about growing is that you learn something every grow and then each subsequent grow is better and better because you learn more and more!
                      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
                      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X